HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,531 Posts
Thanks, I had the SH switch set to OFF and on that screen it did flip to ON when I pulled the switch up but going back one screen to the Trainer menu it always showed OFF no matter what the position of SH. Maybe if I had two TX's on FASST plugged in then it would go to ON. Anyway we will just have to do without the trainer setup and pass the TX instead.
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Thanks Birger, I am still wondering why my 8FG won't show ON in the Trainer setup process though?
It shows ON only if you have a valid PPM input and have enabled it (by default switch H on 8FG as master, C on 6J as master, both conditions on the master must apply - only pulling the switch will show off or inh anyway)

Here is a $25+ option: Bind the slave 8FG to a TFR4. Assuming the model is already setup for the master 6J, connect the TFR4 in CPPM mode to the 6J buddyport. Might be easier than using a cable as the Tx:es are on different no of cells. Either you need some special cable or a good 5cell pack in the master as the 8FG low warning will go off at 6.0V if set to lowest point.
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
Last edited by numnutchris; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added TFR4 option pics
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:02 AM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,531 Posts
Wow!
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Slyne
Joined Jul 2008
176 Posts
Wireless is definitely the way to go. No voltage conflicts, no tripping over the buddy lead.

When your friend is at the stage of almost becoming solo, you can walk away a safe distance so he can experience flying alone. When he is flying solo the rx can be used in an airframe.

My tfr4 is attached using a small square of hook & loop.
grummingoose is offline Find More Posts by grummingoose
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:56 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
And you UK guys seem to have the stuff around the corner (when in stock)
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/frsky-tr...-p-406511.html

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/fasst-c-40_160_312.html

Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
So where did you get the futaba plug with the servo extension? A step by step write up would be awesome.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2008
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
So where did you get the futaba plug with the servo extension? A step by step write up would be awesome.
Chris' link above from Giant Shark.
One thing to be careful of with the lead:- the pins push back when inserted into the TX.
I took the cover off the plug and a tiny drop of cyano fixed them.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:13 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,925 Posts
why not use this??

http://www.futaba-rc.com/accessories/futm1010.html
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:18 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Tried it and have nothing against it, but price is much higher, only 7 channels and much shorter range (but enough for pure buddyboxing)
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peńa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
$30 vs. well... let's call it a lot more. But most importantly the range, the Futaba one has an internal antenna with a published range of ~30 meters, the full range receiver, well... let's say much more.

For the US fellas, here is a local vendor:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/futaba-w...ner-cable.html
http://www.alofthobbies.com/tfr4-b.html

For the HK customers:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21732
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22692

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:29 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
---
A step by step write up would be awesome.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3744

Describes the principles, the clip is pretty old and there were no fasst clones available at that time.
Last edited by numnutchris; Dec 31, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
176 Posts
If you cannot get hold of a tfr4 the tfrsp does the job too, but not as compact.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:01 PM
mty
Hungary, Somogy County, Kaposvár
Joined Feb 2009
51 Posts
Motor timer

I have a question about timer programming on the 14SG.

For an electric glider I have the motor function activated so that the throttle stick only controls the motor at a certain position of a switch. At other position the throttle stick controls the butterfly.

Now I would like to configure timer #1 to measure the motor run time, however I can only seem to assign the J3 stick for the timer trigger, so it also counts the butterfly time too.

On my 10CG this setup was possible by using the logic switch feature. I could AND the switch and the throttle position and use this to trigger the timer.

Is there a solution for this on the 14SG (or 8FG)?

Thanks in advance.
mty is offline Find More Posts by mty
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:56 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2009
149 Posts
I tried searching but no luck. I am adding a playstation SP joystick to my 8FG super. I just need to know what the four wires are that come off the switches. There is one white and three blue wires. The PSP switch only needs one + one - and two signal wires. I plan on using the leads fron the two side lever switches. Again, there is one white an three blue inside the futaba tx per switch, I tried searching the web all day and found nothing. Your help is greatly appreciated. Good day!
DMEN is offline Find More Posts by DMEN
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:51 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I have a R6208SB and just got a FrSky TFR8SB. My Naza is setup on the SBUS on the R6208SB which HAS TO BE channels 1-7. Basically that fills up my R6208SB because I cant assign the normal ports to other channels. SO I bought a FrSky TFR8SB to use for my gimbal/camera control... the problem is the FrSky website is completely down and I can't access any manuals.

How exactly do I bind this AND my other RX to my 8FGS? Anyone running a Naza with 2 rx's? How are you powering them both?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites