Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:25 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbarrie11 View Post
The SBus 2 port is for peripherals such at Telemetry and the SBus 2 servos that are coming soon.

SBus is great. Once you use it you'll be sold on the benefits.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Thanks I know what S.bus2 is.
The discussion is around the R6202SBW which has 2xS.bus ports and not a S.bus +S.bus 2 port.
TimBle is online now Find More Posts by TimBle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
Loving Life!!!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2010
327 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for the part that will give me a "smooth" throttle?
jwilson32 is offline Find More Posts by jwilson32
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson32 View Post
Does anyone have a part number for the part that will give me a "smooth" throttle?
Probably just have a screw loose behind the remote...
RotorJockey is offline Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Yeah open it up and take the little metal bar off the throttle...
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,562 Posts
That typically won't work as you need some pressure on the ratchet to keep it from moving on it's own. The radio has a teflon cap that goes between the ratchet and the metal bar but no, I don't know what the part number is. If you do find one please let me know what it is or where you got it as I want one too.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
What if youmput a peice of tape over it?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,220 Posts
Quote:
Sell your 8FG and buy one of mine. Mine are both helicopter radios with a smooth throttle.
RotorJockey is offline Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:48 PM
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,562 Posts
As a stop gap I slid a piece of fuel tubing over the metal bar and this gives you some of what you need. However, it is not as smooth as the teflon cap however and there is a little bit of stickiness to to the fuel tubing.

Ideally I can find the teflon cap but if I can't what I have will have to do for now.

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
Loving Life!!!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorJockey View Post
Sell your 8FG and buy one of mine. Mine are both helicopter radios with a smooth throttle.
Or you could just be a hell of a friend and trade me! Haha
jwilson32 is offline Find More Posts by jwilson32
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:08 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,145 Posts
Quote:
I smooth out a bit my sliders by bending a bit bit the metal string. Not sure on the throttle but you can check that out,'in my old 7c I manage to take out the ratchet feel by doing the same, a little V shape that i flat out
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:58 AM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,530 Posts
Hi Guys! Happy New Year to all. We have a problem getting a T8FG Super to connect to a Futaba T6J S-FHSS using the trainer function. We want the T6J to be the control (student) TX and the 8FG to be Instructor so that when the 8FG is not being used the Student can fly on his own with his TX settings. We have both TX's set to NORM and when I fire up the 8FG the 6J lights up but the RX stays red. With just the 6J on the RX binds fine.

Also I cannot seem to get my 8FG to show an ON setting for the Trainer function either, only INH or OFF.

We want the 6J to be the control and independent and with the Student and the 8FG to be in the hands of the instructor when connected.
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Hi Guys! Happy New Year to all. We have a problem getting a T8FG Super to connect to a Futaba T6J S-FHSS using the trainer function. We want the T6J to be the control (student) TX and the 8FG to be Instructor so that when the 8FG is not being used the Student can fly on his own with his TX settings. We have both TX's set to NORM and when I fire up the 8FG the 6J lights up but the RX stays red. With just the 6J on the RX binds fine.

Also I cannot seem to get my 8FG to show an ON setting for the Trainer function either, only INH or OFF.

We want the 6J to be the control and independent and with the Student and the 8FG to be in the hands of the instructor when connected.
The 8FG cant link, nor bind, to the 6J Rx, as its S-FHSS not FASST.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:22 AM
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,562 Posts
Quote:

So a little more detail. In a teacher / student setup the teacher radio is the one bound to the the Airplane. Usually, if the owner of the plane is the student then you will use a 2nd radio for them to learn with moving to their own radio once they can "solo". In this case that would make the 6J the master as this would have to be bound to the plane.

In order to have this differently then you would have to bind the plane to the Instructors radio during training and re-bind it to the students radio when training is over. With the 8FG and the 6J this is not possible unless you swap out receivers during the transition as the 8FG "speaks" FASST protocol and the 6J "speaks" S-FHSS protocol.

Hope this helps.

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,530 Posts
Thanks Birger, I am still wondering why my 8FG won't show ON in the Trainer setup process though?
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:06 AM
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,562 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Birger, I am still wondering why my 8FG won't show ON in the Trainer setup process though?
OK, so I wrote this before I realized what you wanted so here it is anyway (it may help someone else):
If the 8FG is being used as Teacher you need to turn on the radio and it will show the regular transmit icon, radio with antenna and lightning bolt.

If it is being used as the student and the teacher radio sends out a Vswitch signal then the 8FG will turn on automatically and will show the little icon with the two radios and the trainer cord between them in the middle:

In this state the radio is not transmitting through it's built-in FASST module.

Here is the answer I believe you are looking for:

As for the trainer setup. When you set up a model for using the 8FG as the Teacher radio then it will be set to INH by default (inhibited). You need to set the type of control you want for all channels you want to share with the student, you need to assign a switch (the spring loaded switch is defaulted to), and then you need to enable it. Once you enable it it will default to OFF, for it to move to ON you actually need to pull the switch that turns on the student radio.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

- Birger
RCG Plus Member