HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,541 Posts
R6202SBW is probably the best choice since it offers an extra s.bus port you could maybe use for a separate s.bus tail gyro if needed someday. 6203 is essentially the same but with 3 PWM channels it could be re-used in a simple airplane or something someday.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
R6202SBW is probably the best choice since it offers an extra s.bus port you could maybe use for a separate s.bus tail gyro if needed someday. 6203 is essentially the same but with 3 PWM channels it could be re-used in a simple airplane or something someday.
Thanks vespa, this will be my first s.bus application, so im a bit confuse, i do know every corner of my 8fg in airplane mode but when i was flying helis a year ago i was on my 7c, playing with the heli menu looks like i understood almost all that i need for now exept s.bus, i was looking the specs for 6202sbw and 6203sb. Fix me if i wrong please the 6202 does not have switchable high speed an normal.... The 6202 says that i need a separated programer for setting up channels.... And the 6203 does not says anything about separated programing box,

Since you know im not too good on english please give me a feedback in easy words,

Thanks a lot my friend!
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:44 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,210 Posts
Ok ! Found a good deal on advantagehobby.com !!!! r6202sbw for $51 free shipping, placing the order right now
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I believe he is trimming a 3d style plane. Now l have UP trim in a neutral plane. To have my control surfaces even by adjusting my cg l would have a extremely tail heavy plane. Every one of my balsa 3d planes have been like this regardless of manufacture. Now my sport planes have had near perfect alignment but all my 3d style planes have needed up trim. I don't know if its how its designed or what but l did have one of the 3d plane manufactures owner tell me that it was ok and does not need to line up(so l am guessing its how the plane was designed)
I missed a few posts there, but wanted to thank you now for the above nonetheless. That's exactly my situation. Even putting the battery in the furthest possible location in this Edge doesn't eliminate the UP trim yet inverted flight is perfect. To eliminate the UP trim I would have needed to add weight in the aft which seemed like a drastic measure (and like you said would have resulted extremely tail heavy plane). Thanks! I am happy its not only me...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:13 AM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,541 Posts
High speed mode only applies to standard PWM servos connected directly to the RX. For s.bus servos or s.bus flybarless controllers it means nothing. Likewise, s.bus programmers are only needed for s.bus servos so again, this is of no relevance to you. Both 6202 and 6203 are identical in terms of high speed modes, programmers needed for servos, and essentially everything else.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Neither of the 3 channel S.bus receivers can program a S.bus servo. You will need a CIU-2 prgrammer and PC-Link or S-link software to effect servo programming

I have yet to find a valid reason for the R6202SBW being in the Rx range. I don't know what advantages it imparts having two S.bus ports.
If one were a S.bus2 port then it would be obvious but unfortunately that is not the case
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:17 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,603 Posts
Anyone know if i can use the stock Radio charger to charge a lipo in my 8FGHS? I find the stock battery not only horrible but it also does not charge fast so for me if im at the field and I get a battery warning I can only charge it a little bit to get me through the day. Is there a setting I need to change in the radio? I cannot find anything about a lipo in the manual. I thought that the newer firmware allowed this to happen.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
Anyone know if i can use the stock Radio charger to charge a lipo in my 8FGHS? I find the stock battery not only horrible but it also does not charge fast so for me if im at the field and I get a battery warning I can only charge it a little bit to get me through the day. Is there a setting I need to change in the radio? I cannot find anything about a lipo in the manual. I thought that the newer firmware allowed this to happen.
No, DO NOT use a stock charger for a LiPo. A LiPo requires a charger specifically designed for that chemistry.

A stock 8FG NiMH battery will run the transmitter for 5+ hours. If you need more than that, I'd recommend a LiFeSource pack. Much safer technology for a transmitter and crazy long run times.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:38 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,603 Posts
I have a lipo charger but I thought the newer radios could handle it without issue. At least with a lipo I can charge in 5min. vs a nimh =5 hours. i will just take it out to charge. Still a better option to me. I could understand a smaller battery for weight saving but what about setup tine and programming time...

As long as it wont mes the radio up to use a lipo I guess im good to go.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
I have a 2500mah lipo in my radio. I take it out to charge it.

Now do they make a LiFe battery that fits with more mah? I can get up to a 2700mah with lipo. It even has a built in balance so if you find a 2s charger that can charge a lipo with just the main leads yo could put the charging port plug on it to make that work. I am going to go that route unless they make a larger LiFe battery.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
RV7guy
Chandler, AZ
Joined May 2004
327 Posts
SBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
Neither of the 3 channel S.bus receivers can program a S.bus servo. You will need a CIU-2 prgrammer and PC-Link or S-link software to effect servo programming

I have yet to find a valid reason for the R6202SBW being in the Rx range. I don't know what advantages it imparts having two S.bus ports.
If one were a S.bus2 port then it would be obvious but unfortunately that is not the case
The SBus 2 port is for peripherals such at Telemetry and the SBus 2 servos that are coming soon.

SBus is great. Once you use it you'll be sold on the benefits.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
dnbarrie11 is offline Find More Posts by dnbarrie11
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
RV7guy
Chandler, AZ
Joined May 2004
327 Posts
SBus info

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Thanks vespa, this will be my first s.bus application, so im a bit confuse, i do know every corner of my 8fg in airplane mode but when i was flying helis a year ago i was on my 7c, playing with the heli menu looks like i understood almost all that i need for now exept s.bus, i was looking the specs for 6202sbw and 6203sb. Fix me if i wrong please the 6202 does not have switchable high speed an normal.... The 6202 says that i need a separated programer for setting up channels.... And the 6203 does not says anything about separated programing box,

Since you know im not too good on english please give me a feedback in easy words,

Thanks a lot my friend!
The 6202 adds a second SBus port for use with the Gyros and other peripheral items and for the SBus 2 servos when they come out. The second port cannot be used for regular servos or current SBus servos.

You will need the little programming unit. Simple and easy to use. As has been pointed out the High Speed doesn't really apply.

The 6203 has been discontinued since it is essentially the same as the 6202 with increased functions.

Once you use the SBus you'll enjoy the simplicity and reduced wire pollution. It is really handy in tight installations.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
dnbarrie11 is offline Find More Posts by dnbarrie11
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,870 Posts
Can I use the 8fg to set my ailerons to go up like spoilers so when I land the rollout will be less? I want to not overdrive the servo if I still use ailerons and one drops.... can I do this on a switch that only activates when another switch is only in one spot?

Like SD all the way down AND SC all the way down?
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:24 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Can I use the 8fg to set my ailerons to go up like spoilers so when I land the rollout will be less? I want to not overdrive the servo if I still use ailerons and one drops.... can I do this on a switch that only activates when another switch is only in one spot?

Like SD all the way down AND SC all the way down?
Yes. Set appropriate limit points via the End Point menu to prevent overdriving the servos. The Airbrake Function (Model Menu) provides the double-switched setup for your raised ailerons.
MalcolmHolt is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,870 Posts
Thanks!! I will play with it this week.
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon