HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:10 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Sure. I am just trying to figure out if "10 clicks" is considered a lot or not to the point that it means I should change the CG.
---
Interestingly enough all this trim was needed to be added when I switched from my DX7s/AR8000 to the 8FGS.
---
As long as your servo horns doesnt get strange angles vs the control surfaces it shouldnt matter, 10 clicks doesnt sound much to me.
The trim needed was due to the different (signal) neutral points used by the different systems. I tested my spectrum module with the 8FG last friday and had to trim lot more than 10 clicks.

Usually, when using good resolution servos or a flight controller I set the trimsteps to 1, otherwise I keep the default 4.
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:49 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
Great, thank you... I wanted to make sure I am not chasing ghosts for no reason. Yeah, those are good Hitech 65MG servos (tough not digital). Thanks!
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Sorry, but I don't get this. If this is a brand new plane, then by default I would start with the elevator parallel to the horizontal stab (sometimes with a few clicks up for safety). That means that by definition if you make any changes in the air you will no longer be parallel...
Thats the point, if the plane need to be trimed and the elevator surfaces is offset when trimmed that mean CG is not good, the plane should fly straught with no trim at all unless yo have extra payload or change the wing attack position, always trim mecanically and leave sub trim for a small amount to finetune, also sub trim will not change neutral point is like the name says SUB-trim is a permanent trimming, the trim is the same like move the stick a little and hold it there,

You can create or emulate a neutral point with end-point to get same travel for both side after using sub-trim
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Last edited by DaxFX; Dec 17, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
I fly my 3d planes with a neutral cg so my Hstab and counterbalance don't line up. That doesn't mean that my cg is wrong
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:18 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I fly my 3d planes with a neutral cg so my Hstab and counterbalance don't line up. That doesn't mean that my cg is wrong
3d is diferent, for 3d you setup the best you liked, but a normal airplane is "designed" to fly with all moving surface centered, i also fly 3d and some of my 3d are tail heavy and need elev trim, bbut a real 3d setup also need the all surface well centered, try a flat level inverted with no stick input wit a tail heavy and trimed for with up elev, you will go dart to ground, a perfect 3D setup needs the perfect cg and all surface centered, another thing is that we are cheating 3d for hovering and harrier mor easy with a tail heavy plane but with that, flat spin , Blenders, etc are more dificult to achive.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:46 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,464 Posts
I believe he is trimming a 3d style plane. Now l have UP trim in a neutral plane. To have my control surfaces even by adjusting my cg l would have a extremely tail heavy plane. Every one of my balsa 3d planes have been like this regardless of manufacture. Now my sport planes have had near perfect alignment but all my 3d style planes have needed up trim. I don't know if its how its designed or what but l did have one of the 3d plane manufactures owner tell me that it was ok and does not need to line up(so l am guessing its how the plane was designed)
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
The FrSky TFR8S should work, I believe you can bridge port 1&2 and use the other channels for 9-14.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=51
I know this may be a newbie question but can I bind this RX and my Futaba R6108 SB to my 8FGS at the same time?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Don't take your guns to town
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,607 Posts
You can simultaneously bind as many receivers/brands as you want, so long as they all use the same transmitter protocol (7CH, Multi, Multi2, etc.)
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:55 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
So since they are both 8Ch they will work?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,607 Posts
Yes. Another alternative to consider if you are extremely wealthy is Futaba's unbelievably expensive s.bus decoder which, for a price, will let you get a few more channels out of your R6108.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
529 Posts
Futaba 8FG Super Factory Reset

I just bought a used Futaba 8FG Super that has several aircraft saved on the radio. I would like to be able to reset the radio to factory settings and start all over again.
hadawayj is online now Find More Posts by hadawayj
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:10 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,699 Posts
I powered on my radio and didn't find a "master" reset, but you can most certainly just delete all these models. Just go to "Model Sel," choose each model, and then press "delete."
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Hey guys i have being out of helis for a wile, a year to be exact, im going back to helis and already bought a logo 500 and a ikon fbl unit, my 2 questions are.

Were is the motor function on heli menu, like my electric planes i want to change throttle for motor on ch3,

The IKON FBL (msh brain) is sbus compatible, so since i can connect the receiver to the ikon with only sbus do I need an 8ch rx or can i go with a 4ch sbus rx?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,607 Posts
For helis, throttle is throttle. There is no gas/elec option, simply reverse whatever channel you want to use for throttle and you're all set.

S.bus has all channels so your receiver only needs as many PWM outputs as you intend to connect to it (usually zero).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
For helis, throttle is throttle. There is no gas/elec option, simply reverse whatever channel you want to use for throttle and you're all set.

S.bus has all channels so your receiver only needs as many PWM outputs as you intend to connect to it (usually zero).
What rx you can recomend to me, i will use align 620 servos, and the ikon gyro