HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
Preordered my 14sg yesterday from towerhobbies. Can't wait! Hope to have it by Christmas.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,616 Posts
Is there a manual available for download?
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
627 Posts
Just finished (well, almost, hence the following question...) programming my Sebart PC-21, beautiful bird by the way

The ailerons function as flaperons, eg get lowered with (on my 8FGS) the left slider.
The ailerons also have been programmed with 30% differential.

How do I increase the differential from 30 to 60% (as per Sebart instructions) when the flaperons are extended, what kinda mix could one use?
DeeCee 57 is online now Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Is there a manual available for download?
All the Futaba manuals should be HERE

oh what Skaluf said......
=|=
V
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by simages; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: anal retentive correction
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
The 14SG manual is not available yet. As soon as we get the final version we will post it.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by simages View Post
All the Futaba manuals should be HERE
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
Have you seen my Cobra?
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,567 Posts
DeeCee,

There's an option in the butterfly menu for differential adjust, assuming you setup the plane as a "glider" rather than the primitive "airplane" option. There may be a way to do it from the "airplane" menu but unless you need fancy mixture control or a VPP prop the "glider" mode is better suited for all types of planes. Note: changing between modes will delete your model.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
627 Posts
Thanx Vespa, and thanx again for the warning.

Bit of a pity since I spent some time programing loads of functions, and I don't wanna loose 'em all...
Guess I'll maiden first and see how she does
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,595 Posts
Which one do you like better for buddy connection to the 8FG?

1. The 4YF. This is an actual Tx turned buddy box...

Or

2. The 4YBF. This is the dedicated, non-TX buddy box.

I can get both for the same $ on ebay so I am curious what would be a better choice (and what would be easier to get working with the 8FGS).

Thanks!

BTW, Loving my 8FGS... since I got mine, 2 more in the field got it after they saw mine and really like it and decided it was time to upgrade...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Nov 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:17 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
Thanx Vespa, and thanx again for the warning.

Bit of a pity since I spent some time programing loads of functions, and I don't wanna loose 'em all...
Guess I'll maiden first and see how she does
Vespa’s solution is probably the best approach as the amount of differential increases in proportion to the amount of flap deployed. However, if you are happy with just two different “rates” of differential, you can easily modify your existing setup by means of a PMix as follows.

Select an unused PMix. On screen 2/2 activate it and set LS (your flap control) as the on/off switch for the mix. On the switch setting screen make sure that the mix is ON when the flaperons are lowered and OFF when they are up. By default the mix will turn on and off when LS is at the mid-point of its travel but you can adjust this to suit your needs.

Now set both the Master and the Slave to Aileron.

Return to screen 1/2 of the PMix and set the two values at the top of the screen to +20 and -20. The Aileron is mixing with itself and increasing its own movement when the stick is pushed in one direction and decreasing it in the other. Use the servo monitor to check that the differential increases on the main AIL channel when the mix is turned on. Depending on the installation of your servos it is possible that the mix may decrease the amount of differential. If this is the case simply go back to screen 1/2 of the PMix and change the values to -20 and +20.

Once you have checked that the mix is working correctly on the AIL channel return to screen 2/2 of the PMix. Change the Slave Link from OFF to Minus. This will make the second aileron (AIL2) respond to the mix. The minus value makes it work in the opposite direction.
MalcolmHolt is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Spanish unboxing

IFXS 24 Unboxging Emisora Futaba 8FG Super (12 min 26 sec)
olahf is offline Find More Posts by olahf
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
627 Posts
Cheers Malcolm!

This a very elegant solution which I'll implement for this model, you guys are heroes

Btw it never ceases to amaze me as to what happened to the field of electronics for our hobby.
In my case started models with helis, in 1983 (yep ). First radio was a Futaba (don't ask what model, the chopper was a Kalt bought from Slough Models (not sure if that is the same company still there) in the UK. Mechanical gyros just appeared on the market in about 1984. Bought one which sure tamed my tail waggling
The Futaba xmiter had rate knobs that were very useful in the blustery winds to vary the rate of RPM vs collective pitch, and that was great!

Returned into the hobby 3 years ago, I'm still amazed at the strides electronics have made and the benefits to our hobby, namely fantastic reliability, price, and programing possibilities
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:00 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Ok, I have given on on making my DJI Naza Flight Controller with with just one receiver. Basically the Naza uses channels 1-8 on the SBUS and cannot be reprogrammed so I cannot use the traditional channels on my RX. So now I need a second receiver, probably no more than 4 channels (2 right now, 2 more to be safe). RX recommendations? Will something FASST compatible from Fr Sky work? Should I just go with a small Futaba RX? What do I need to know in order to get a new RX working with my existing R6208SB? I am no TX expert so I want to make sure all of my ducks are in a row before I send them across the busy street
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2008
848 Posts
14SG Manual is up:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/downloads/manuals.html
SunDevilPilot is offline Find More Posts by SunDevilPilot
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Dec 2007
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilPilot View Post
Now THAT's what I am talking about.
Well spotted!
Dan Zero-G is offline Find More Posts by Dan Zero-G
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2012
433 Posts
This looks as good a place as any to ask...

I have a new 8FG Super. Is there a way to reverse a channel with a switch, while in flight?

As far as I can tell channels can only be reversed in the menus. I know it's unlikely that this is possible but I found what I think is a legit application for it (as well as the ability to 'rebind' sticks to different channels on the fly) so I can't stop thinking about it.
5th is offline Find More Posts by 5th