SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Jun 2004
357 Posts
Does anyone know if the 8GF Super has a diode in the charging circuit. I have the Sirius Pro Charger and would like to know if I can safely use it .

Warm Regards,

Travis
Pilot232 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot232
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
Sandy Springs, GA
Joined Jul 2008
515 Posts
There is no diode in the charging curcit. You can use your charger.

Brue
landeck is offline Find More Posts by landeck
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Jun 2004
357 Posts
Brue,

Thank you. It is good to know because I can not find a jack like the one on the factory charger, so I have to canabalize the factory charger.

Thaks again,

Travis
Pilot232 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot232
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
You can always take the battery out when you charge it. That's what I do. I also swap in my spare.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:58 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Travis, You should be able to find that size connector at Radio Shack. Also most suppliers making adapters also have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot232 View Post
Brue,

Thank you. It is good to know because I can not find a jack like the one on the factory charger, so I have to canabalize the factory charger.

Thaks again,

Travis
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Nov 2011
133 Posts
Quote:
Brue,

Thaks again,

Travis
I use this one
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXSMF3&P=K
dbar101219 is offline Find More Posts by dbar101219
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:02 AM
Sverige, Södermanlands Län, Eskilstuna
Joined Jan 2008
196 Posts
Hi,
Anyone knows whare I can find sensors for the Futaba 14SG telemetry and how are the price on them compared to other TX brands?
I have jist been able to find SBS-01A Atmospheric Pressure Sensor $72.99
, SBS-01RM Magnetic RPM Sensor $59.99, SBS-01RO Optical RPM Sensor $59.99 and the SBS-01T Temperature Sensor $84.99.
Above comes from Tower Hobbies.
I could not find any sensor form Amp and I feel the prices are a bit in the higher range.
I have been using a 8FG for a couple of years but now I want a TX with telemetry.
So it is eather a new Futaba 14SG or I will switch to Multiplex to get the Telemetry.
I really do not need 14 ch but I want the telemetry.
Petrik59 is offline Find More Posts by Petrik59
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:04 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Think the 14SG is worth selling my JR 9503?
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:55 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Think the 14SG is worth selling my JR 9503?
I would say yes...even for the 8FG! Almost bought a 9503 when they came out as I was a JR man for many years and needed to move to 2.4. When I weighed all the options, the 8FG was the one I came home with a couple years ago and do not regret the purchase. Am seriously thinking if even worth upgrading to the 14SG as the 8FG does all I really need and more. However, if I was to buy a new radio, would more than likely be the 14SG.
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:48 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwings View Post
I would say yes...even for the 8FG! Almost bought a 9503 when they came out as I was a JR man for many years and needed to move to 2.4. When I weighed all the options, the 8FG was the one I came home with a couple years ago and do not regret the purchase. Am seriously thinking if even worth upgrading to the 14SG as the 8FG does all I really need and more. However, if I was to buy a new radio, would more than likely be the 14SG.
I had radio issues with my 9503 so I switched to the 8FGH, it is a great radio. biggest problem I had was buying the new rx's. My boy still flies his trusty old dx7. I am thinking I will upgrade to the new 14GS and give him my 8fg. It just makes life easier to have us both on same radio systems.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:16 PM
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know if the 8GF Super has a diode in the charging circuit. I have the Sirius Pro Charger and would like to know if I can safely use it .

Warm Regards,

Travis
I charge with my fast chargers through the normal futaba jack (I cut it off the supplied futaba slow charger).

The only thing worth noting is that if I charge anything faster than 0.4A it seems to disconnect. However, charging at 0.3A is good enough, as the transmitter does not seem to use up much power.
Dan Zero-G is online now Find More Posts by Dan Zero-G
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:28 PM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Disable Steering

This question has surely been asked and answered a few times... But couldn't find the answer using the search function

How can I set-up the nose wheel steering to disable (centered) when the landing gear is up? (using SF for the retract/extend function).

Step by step instructions or references anyone?
Thanx a million
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
This question has surely been asked and answered a few times... But couldn't find the answer using the search function

How can I set-up the nose wheel steering to disable (centered) when the landing gear is up? (using SF for the retract/extend function).

Step by step instructions or references anyone?
Thanx a million
Set the steering servo up as a p-mix with rudder, next use the retract switch to turn that mix off when the gear is retracted. When you drop the gear the mix turns back on.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:38 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
Deecee,

The same switch that retracts the U/C is also the one that enables/disables the mix from rudder to nose-leg steering servo, simple.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:56 PM
Is it coming or going??
USA, CA, Capistrano Beach
Joined Dec 2008
333 Posts
Speculative question:

What is the likelihood we'll see future software updates for the 8FG?
Woodbender is offline Find More Posts by Woodbender