HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:47 PM
Registered RC flier
Suomi, HKI
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
I'm in no hurry otherwise I would have bought the 8FG but I'm happy enough with my 9C until the 14SG is available at a reasonable price.
As far as add-on telemetry is concerned, I think it's too much hassle to have extra boxes attached to the Tx especially when I'm not using it.

A.
Yes, but that is also one good thing with this box too, it is easly removable. Just pull it up, 2 sec and itīs off or on ...and yes, as the telemetry-Rxīs are so ex.. so far I have only one rx so, it is just more play with it than real use...but of course in soraring it can be handy...I guess
Nax70 is offline Find More Posts by Nax70
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:25 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
I'm in no hurry otherwise I would have bought the 8FG but I'm happy enough with my 9C until the 14SG is available at a reasonable price.
As far as add-on telemetry is concerned, I think it's too much hassle to have extra boxes attached to the Tx especially when I'm not using it.

A.
The 14FG at $600 is very reasonably priced so don’t expect it to ever go lower.

Current popular radios:
10C (very popular and it’s only a 8+2 channel radio) $650
12FG $1000
14MZ $2.300

So you see that for what you are getting $600 is a very reasonable price. Start Saving – LOL!

BTW I feel the same way about those add-on TM boxes. I just don’t want to go that way.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Well I'm saving now for the 14sg. It will be my Christmas present. Don't know if I'm going to give my son the 8fg ( he has the 7c now) or sell it to my brother who is begging me for it.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:58 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
The 14FG at $600 is very reasonably priced so donít expect it to ever go lower...
It is usually the case when some new gadget comes out the price is higher than it is later on when all the most eager customers have been exhausted.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:05 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
8FG has been priced at $480-00 at Tower since it lanched

I think the price only drops once the lifescycle is exhausted and the product is due to be replaced. e.g the 10C pricing seems to be dropping....
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
RC Aircraft Enthusiast
United States
Joined Mar 2012
156 Posts
Tower hobbies has them coming in Mid-Dec, just in time for XMas.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=JVE
Marvie100 is offline Find More Posts by Marvie100
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:37 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
8FG has been priced at $480-00 at Tower since it lanched

I think the price only drops once the lifescycle is exhausted and the product is due to be replaced. e.g the 10C pricing seems to be dropping....
I have always thought that the 10C was way overpriced. Itís only a 8+2 channel transmitter with no upgrade capability. I have seen quite a few of them sold but I could never understand why you would buy a 10C over a 8FG?

Canít afford a 14SG right now so I will wait for the next Gold Preferred Plus coupons to come out. If they would offer the transmitter only I would be able to get that.

Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Ditto, I could never fathom the desire to get a 10C when the 8FG had more for a lot less.
I think to some folk its important to know that their equipment fits into the range somewhere high up. 10 is bigger than 8 therefore its better....

I just got some good news today and in light of that the wife double okayed the 14SG cos its the last radio i'm going to buy for at least the next few years.
8Fg has served me well and it will continue service in my slope soarers with my FrSKy receivers. My bigger gassers will get 14SG treatment.
6EX and glow planes up for sale to help fund it
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,627 Posts
10C certainly has (had) a lot to offer. For starters, it was available long before the 8FG, it has more points, P-mixes, familiar programming and a dial that allows for in-flight tuning, and of great significance to some, it is compatible with Spektrum and FM.

The greater question I think is regarding the future role of the 12FG and all the clunky MZ series radios.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
They will be withdrawn over time. Unfortunately we hobbyists are a hoarding group and we expect our suppliers to cater for that need.

The old saying of "if you build what they want,.... by the time they get it they want something else" comes to mind
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:53 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,286 Posts
I no longer see any listings showing the modular 10C as being available. Somehow I think the production life of the 10C is nearing an end.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
I no longer see any listings showing the modular 10C as being available. Somehow I think the production life of the 10C is nearing an end.
Pete
I donít think that they have been in production for some time. They are just getting rid of old inventory.

Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Yes the module based 10C was discontinued in 2010. They only produce the integrated 2.4 version.
However at the same time, the 8FG really replaced the 10C.
The only thing I hear in the argument for the 10C is the weight. there are still pilots who want a heavy radio.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I don't want a hevy radio. That's what stopped me from getting the 12fg
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I think that Servo Slow and S-FHSS is enough for me to turn my 8FG into my backup radio .
I will have to modify my DSM2 module however as the postion of the trainer cord has changed, I will need to add a long trainer cord
I have a DSM2 module with your adpater board and love it. I did notice that the trainer port on the 14GS is right in the middle on the back rather than near the bottom of the TX. Very annoying.
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC