HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I would upgrade to 14SG if I could buy just the transmitter. I already have way more receivers than I need..
They always try to sell a full radio set even when it is quite clearly not an entry-level one. I wouldn't mind betting that the market for 14SG is for mostly TX only. I certainly am not in the market to buy all the stuff that comes along in a full set, been there done that, got all those bits and pieces like a charger I'll never use and a neck strap I'd end up giving away.

Futaba, take note.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,412 Posts
Agreed I just want the tx
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
They always try to sell a full radio set even when it is quite clearly not an entry-level one. I wouldn't mind betting that the market for 14SG is for mostly TX only. I certainly am not in the market to buy all the stuff that comes along in a full set, been there done that, got all those bits and pieces like a charger I'll never use and a neck strap I'd end up giving away.

Futaba, take note.

A.
10 years back when I wanted to upgrade from 8U to 8Usuper I was able to purchase the transmitter only. I know that they will have spare transmitter for replacement purposes. Maybe if you contact Futaba Service they will sell you the transmitter.

It would be nice to hear from someone that works at Hobbico/Futaba about this. Steve are you listening. I know they monitor these forums. How about making a request to the Marketing Department to offer 14SG transmitters at Tower Hobbies. That would go a long way toward keeping current customers happy.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I would upgrade to 14SG if I could buy just the transmitter. I already have way more receivers than I need.

+1 on that... probably more TX'es too
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Pea
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
The 8Fg does have a servo slow function" here's hoe to set it up:

as for the ability to transmit the FHSS/S-FHSS we'll have to wait and see if it can do that via a software update.

The 14SG will have all those features though.
I'm aware of this and I have it implemented in many of my models, what I was referring to (in apparently too few words) was port based servo slow on all ports as shown i this image:

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:17 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
It just seems that you have to rely on the retail outlets to split a set because when you look on the national distributors (UK in my experience) website they only offer a full set or nothing.

A.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered RC flier
Suomi, HKI
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
It just seems that you have to rely on the retail outlets to split a set because when you look on the national distributors (UK in my experience) website they only offer a full set or nothing.

A.
Yes, You can find some times with out the RX, like here
Nax70 is offline Find More Posts by Nax70
Last edited by Nax70; Oct 28, 2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: those typos as usual
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
It's not that you can't buy a Tx only, it's that you are probably always paying over the odds if the LHS has to split a set.

A.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,502 Posts
Of course if you're upgrading from the 8FG, as most on this thread are, chances are you are doing so for the telemetry and therefore you need the included RX.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:07 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,552 Posts
Is SFhss better than Fasst or Fasstest?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
No.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:04 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
I'd like the option of telemetry but not immediately that's why I will buy Tx only.

A.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:52 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
In one of the press releases Futaba said that FHSS was invented for those who could not afford FASST technology and wanted less expensive receivers with a little less performance. FHSS is 4 channels max and SFHSS is 8 channels max.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
Registered RC flier
Suomi, HKI
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
It's not that you can't buy a Tx only, it's that you are probably always paying over the odds if the LHS has to split a set.

A.
I have had the Futaba telemetrybox now for a month. Its is great gadget for getting the voltages, even with the sound. I have also the GPS, but really that data is ...nice to know but thats all.

And if I am looking cheap rxs, well we all know where we find those.

So I dont see really need to get this new versio very soon. I think the Futaba has though "old" customers well..dispite the price :-D

What this Futaba telemetry is lagging is the data logging, hopefully that comes with that wi-fi rx box.

Cheers,

Nax
Nax70 is offline Find More Posts by Nax70
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
I'm in no hurry otherwise I would have bought the 8FG but I'm happy enough with my 9C until the 14SG is available at a reasonable price.
As far as add-on telemetry is concerned, I think it's too much hassle to have extra boxes attached to the Tx especially when I'm not using it.

A.