SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:42 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,063 Posts
It’s obvious that it’s 8FG hardware with new firmware and telemetry. It's good to stay with a proven design. I will be interested if it’s not much more expensive than the 8FG.

I see that they now have speed on all channels. That will be a big hit with the scale guys.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:19 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Some nice enhancements to the case as well. Although I like my 8FG, the updated design really makes it a classy looking radio now.
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:53 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peńa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,618 Posts
I think that Servo Slow and S-FHSS is enough for me to turn my 8FG into my backup radio .
I will have to modify my DSM2 module however as the postion of the trainer cord has changed, I will need to add a long trainer cord
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,063 Posts
It would be nice if they offered the transmitter only for us that want to upgrade and already have plenty of receivers.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I think that Servo Slow and S-FHSS is enough for me to turn my 8FG into my backup radio .

Ditto.

But also the S.bus programmer built in and adjustable gimbals without having to remove the case is an awesome feature.

BTW, the only carryover hardware would be the switches, gimbals rear handle. everything else looks like a new mould since the 8FG is carrying on.

I wonder what the next 8FG update is going to hold ....?!
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:05 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Wonder if we will be able to port over the models from the 8FG directly with the SD card? That would be critical factor for me in upgrading to the 14SG as would hate to have to reprogram stuff.

Found the answer sorta...(yes you can transfer model programming)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=53
Last edited by rcwings; Oct 27, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
YEs you will be able to do move models from the 8FG to the 14SG via the SD card. You may need to change the FASST mode depending on what Rx you will be using. If leaving the plane as t and simply changing the TX then it will be simple, just remember to set the mode according to the Rx when linking the Rx to the Tx.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2007
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I will have to modify my DSM2 module however as the postion of the trainer cord has changed, I will need to add a long trainer cord
Or you could just make a new one and sell me your old one cheap! LOL! JK
bdp3822 is offline Find More Posts by bdp3822
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
YEs you will be able to do move models from the 8FG to the 14SG via the SD card. You may need to change the FASST mode depending on what Rx you will be using. If leaving the plane as t and simply changing the TX then it will be simple, just remember to set the mode according to the Rx when linking the Rx to the Tx.
Thanks TimBle!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a question that I'm wondering if someone here can help me with...

I'm about to order an 8FG (switching from DX6i) and thinking through the heli vs airplane version. Basically, I want the airplane version but with a smooth throttle (vs. ratcheted)...what is the best route to take? From what I can tell, the piece that makes it smooth vs. ratcheted is a different part. So I can either get the airplane version and figure out how to get the piece to make the throttle smooth, or get the heli version from the start, but I was reading that it defaults to heli settings on start up. Since I've never actually used one, I'm not sure if that's a pain to deal with on each start up or not....what do you guys think? I apologize if this was already covered, still haven't made it all the way through the 392 pages of this thread....

Thanks in advance for any insight
GP23 is offline Find More Posts by GP23
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
Telemetry for me on the Tx was over rated coming from Spektrum. Never used it :shrug:
Seems to have been 'the next thing' for a long time.....

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Any news on how much this is going to run in the US yet? If its not to much l guess l will get one. Love the fact they put the rubber grips on the back and added servo slow function. I know we have a work around for the 8fg but having it as a function is nice.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
$599-00 according to a post made by Steve Kaluf
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Hummmmm l might be able to do that. So when is it going to be available?
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Hummmmm l might be able to do that. So when is it going to be available?
Someone said that you would be able to pre-order early next week.