HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:42 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
These instructions are not quite right.

You don't hold the link button on the receiver while powering it up. You push and hold it after powering up the transmitter and the receiver. Do this with the receiver and transmitter about 8" apart or so. Hold the Link button down for roughly three seconds and you should see the LED go to solid green.

BTW, if when you power both up prior to linking and you see the LED on the receiver flashing red, you have the transmitter in the 7 channel mode, the R6208SB requires that transmitter be in the Multi or MLT2 mode.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
YOutr 8FG came with a R6208SB Rx.

To bind is very simple.

Power up the Tx.

Hold down the "LINK" button on the RX.

Power it up using a fullycharged 4.8V or 6.0-V or 6.6V LifE or 7.4V LiPo Rx battery. A switch doesmake things easier. Thre is NO REQUIREMENT for servo's or any other devices to be plugged in.

Power up the Rx while holding the LINK button down.
The LED Will Flash RED and then go solid green. Rx is now bound.

To check HS or Norml modes, power down the Tx.

Power down the RX

Power up the Rx. If it flashes red then goes solid Red it is in Normal Mode.
If it Flashes red then goes solid Orange (RED+GREEN) it is in HS mode. Use this mode only if you wan to use Digital servo's in PWM Channels 1-6.

For S.bus, you need to get some additional hardware. like a male to male connector and S.bus hubs and servos.
You can program (Channel set ) the S.bus servo's from the Rx if you like but for more flexible programming the CIU-2 programmer is the way to go.

the linking process is really simple.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Thanks Steve, everything I have is set and ready for a test tomorrow

Jon
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Deleted double
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Yes of course Steve is right, yo don;t have to hold down the link button before powering up. It can be done anytime afterward.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:55 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,614 Posts
Note however that most of the aftermarket receiver do require you to hold down the bind button as you turn on the power (or plug in the battery or whatever).

That caught me out the first time.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
yes thats where I confused the two. I typed the process from memory.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
If anybody is interested in a tray variation of the 8FGS, I'll be putting my FX-20 in the classified soon. It runs the same exact software as the 8FGS, just enclosed in a different case. Also has left/right carbon hand rest plates. Asking $400. Please PM me for details.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Testing the new 8FG tomorrow for range but here were the set-up vids I took from the iPhone real quick incase others are getting an 8FG to use with Naza

8FG & Naza Set-up #1 (5 min 45 sec)

8FG & Naza Set-up #2 (10 min 56 sec)
Last edited by DesJardins; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Guys, let me put a couple of rumors to rest here. The R6308SBT is not a "normal" Futaba receiver. It is designed/manufactured by Futaba for Robbe Modellsport to work with a separate telemetry box manufactured by Robbe. It does not use the FASSTest protocol. So unless you have the Robbe telemetry box, the receiver will not provide telemetry data for you.

If you have, or purchase the separate unit from Robbe this receiver is probably what you want to have. If you don't have the unit from Robbe, the receiver is probably not what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
That receiver just passed FCC approval, and I think the manual is there on the FCC site in english.

Doug.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
If anybody is interested in a tray variation of the 8FGS, I'll be putting my FX-20 in the classified soon. It runs the same exact software as the 8FGS, just enclosed in a different case. Also has left/right carbon hand rest plates. Asking $400. Please PM me for details.
wow, looks nice steph..
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
Guys, let me put a couple of rumors to rest here. The R6308SBT is not a "normal" Futaba receiver. It is designed/manufactured by Futaba for Robbe Modellsport to work with a separate telemetry box manufactured by Robbe. It does not use the FASSTest protocol. So unless you have the Robbe telemetry box, the receiver will not provide telemetry data for you.

If you have, or purchase the separate unit from Robbe this receiver is probably what you want to have. If you don't have the unit from Robbe, the receiver is probably not what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Steve

So it's a Europe specific development between Robbe and Futaba to enter the telemetry market early to combat the cheaper telemetry offerings from Spektrum and Hitec till Futaba trickles FASSTest down over the next two seasons....?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:46 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,627 Posts
I think the interest in the "abnormal" 6308 receiver is based in the hope that maybe someday Futaba will consider offering telemetry like a regular brand. And maybe someday, if that happens, maybe the 6308 might be compatible with whatever stupid random protocol du jour Futaba decides to create that week. Foolish for sure, but we like the brand and can't help but to fantasize about Futaba replacing its entire management team and starting to sell telemetry capable systems instead of remaining devoted entirely to the senseless and neverending creation of as many incompatible protocols as possible.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:12 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
...maybe someday Futaba will consider offering telemetry like a regular brand. ....
Looks like it just happened...

http://www.prorc.fi/index.php?option...d=11&Itemid=81

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:18 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,627 Posts
Wow! A telemetry-enabled 8FG! I suppose that's good that Futaba might consider finally adding telemetry but bad in that it suggests that existing 8FGs will not be upgradable.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
you don't know that yet....