My trim switch on my rudder and throttle are bad
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:20 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
so far so good with all the trims on mine...

When using the 8FG with realflight, does it need to be powered up?
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:48 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
My trim switch on my rudder and throttle are bad
HAve you tried to reset the radio?
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
so far so good with all the trims on mine...

When using the 8FG with realflight, does it need to be powered up?
Yes, all radios need to be powered up when connected to the Real Flight Interlink, since it does not supply any power to the radio.
In the case of JR/Spektrum the radio powers up when you plugin the cord, and there is no RF transmission. With Futaba you actually have to switch it on, but you can just select no RF output by holding the select button down while turning on the radio.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,610 Posts
Same here, bad elevator trim switch. Also, another colleague at my field has the same problem with his elevator trim switch. I did the same as described above, flooded mine with "cordless tool cleaner" and worked it a bunch pretty hard, seems better now, but how long will it last?

Took a peek inside myself and I'm pretty handy with these things and soldering but I would concur, this is really a thing for Futaba Support.

As mine happens to be elevator I may just re-program my models for cross trim with the throttle switch but that is really a hack.

This seems like it's starting to become a consistent issue

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,246 Posts
mine is one of the originals, and still good. I will ask this weekend.... where I fly there's about 7 8fg's but I haven't heard anything .

Doug
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
636 Posts
Having the need for HV receivers (8 channels min and light weight to top it up, eventual telemetry), I visited my LHS the other day... away I went with 3ea R6308SBT receivers to use with my (I love it!) 8FGS.
Once home, searched the net for an online manual in English (there's one provided in the box, as well as a German one). As I could not find it, I emailed support Futaba and this is our exchange:

Me:
Hi

Where can I download a PDF user manual for the R6308SBT receiver in English language?

Thanks

Them:
Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We are not aware of a Futaba receiver with that model number. Please double check the model number.

Sorry, we couldn't be of more help to you.

Me:
Thanks for your reply. I rechecked the number and it is correct. In attachment a picture of the receiver... to be observed that it says Futaba and it says R6308SBT...

Them:
It seems that receiver is sold only overseas. You will need to contact an overseas dealer/distributor for further assistance.

Am I impressed? Not really
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
More than likely you contacted us here in the US not your distributor/support facility for Switzerland. We service North America, and the receiver you mention has not been imported into the US. So, no our service department does not have information on products that we do not sell. That does not seem that odd to me.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
Having the need for HV receivers (8 channels min and light weight to top it up, eventual telemetry), I visited my LHS the other day... away I went with 3ea R6308SBT receivers to use with my (I love it!) 8FGS.
Once home, searched the net for an online manual in English (there's one provided in the box, as well as a German one). As I could not find it, I emailed support Futaba and this is our exchange:

Me:
Hi

Where can I download a PDF user manual for the R6308SBT receiver in English language?

Thanks

Them:
Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We are not aware of a Futaba receiver with that model number. Please double check the model number.

Me:
Thanks for your reply. I rechecked the number and it is correct. In attachment a picture of the receiver... to be observed that it says Futaba and it says R6308SBT...

Them:
It seems that receiver is sold only overseas. You will need to contact an overseas dealer/distributor for further assistance.

Am I impressed? Not really
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,246 Posts
That receiver just passed FCC approval, and I think the manual is there on the FCC site in english.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
COming soon to a Futaba retailer near you
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
2nd 8FG has arrived, lets see if I can get home and test before dark...
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,713 Posts
if you still having issues (and I really hope you don't), I think it is important to go back to the basics. Connect nothing but a single servo to the Rx and take it from there... If all goes well, start to add one more layer/component at a time.. Good luck...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
if you still having issues (and I really hope you don't), I think it is important to go back to the basics. Connect nothing but a single servo to the Rx and take it from there... If all goes well, start to add one more layer/component at a time.. Good luck...
Yea I'm hoping this one is the winner, I'll do a quick set-up with no FPV gear on and if that nets me nothing I'll be scratch battery/servo
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
636 Posts
Thanx Steve

Still I don't agree...
- Googling Futaba (whilst in EU) brings me direct to http://www.futaba-rc.com in which site nothing indicates "America only"
- I was mistaken into thinking that Futaba was ONE big company. Obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Doubting customer requests to a certain degree is fair... but there is style... and style

Good thing I'm a fan and sincerely hope those R6308SBT will work for me
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:23 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Our company does have a large presence. So, I'm sorry you got confused about who you were talking to However, if you look at the bottom of the page (www.futaba-rc.com) you will note the copyright is Hobbico. Futaba is one large company, however we (Hobbico) are a distributor and service support for North America, just as Robbe Modellsport is in Europe. I'm sure you noted the receiver you are looking for information on is not listed on this web site. Robbe carries Futaba products we do not carry and I'm sure we probably carry some they do not carry. When/if this particular product is imported by us, our people will be well educated on it and able to assist you.

When I Google Futaba I'm presented with many choices including retail dealers.

I'm not sure what there is to disagree about. I'm simply stating fact and trying to help you understand why you received the answer you received.

Have a great day!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
Thanx Steve

Still I don't agree...
- Googling Futaba (whilst in EU) brings me direct to http://www.futaba-rc.com in which site nothing indicates "America only"
- I was mistaken into thinking that Futaba was ONE big company. Obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Doubting customer requests to a certain degree is fair... but there is style... and style

Good thing I'm a fan and sincerely hope those R6308SBT will work for me
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor