HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use s.bus and one of the conventional channels on the R6203SB receiver at the same time?
Yes, you can definitely use at least 2, I believe that if you plug in your battery to the s.bus bus you can even use all 3 but I haven't tested this.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use s.bus and one of the conventional channels on the R6203SB receiver at the same time?
Yes, you can use a combination of s.bus and conventional channels.
I'm doing that on 4 different models.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
Ok, can someone please tell me how to do this then, I can't figure it out?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,491 Posts
Quote:
You may have to be more specific as to what you are trying to accomplish. Otherwise I would say, plug in servo into port 1, plug in battery into port 3 wiggle aileron stick, voila!

If this is not working for you then you may have an issue with the receiver (or something else).

Regards,

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
All depends on what you are trying to do. I’ll give you one example:
On one of my scale helis equipped with a CGY750/R6203 receivers. I’m using channel 1 (or channel 2, I can't remember) on the rx for lights, so I went to the CGY750 S.BUS display and changed channel 1ailerons(Roll) to another channel, so now channel1 is free to assigned to any switch.

There's many ways you can do things with s.bus.

Hope that helps,
Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
I'm using the s.bus connection with a DJI Wookong flight controller, which, uses channels 1 to 8. I want to use one of the conventional channels to control something separate, lights or a servo etc, so I guess I need to make conventional input 1 or 2 work for channel 9 or something?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,491 Posts
Quote:
I'm using the s.bus connection with a DJI Wookong flight controller, which, uses channels 1 to 8. I want to use one of the conventional channels to control something separate, lights or a servo etc, so I guess I need to make conventional input 1 or 2 work for channel 9 or something?
Yes, you will have to re-assign your functions somehow. In order to use the standard ports on the receiver you can only use ports 1-3 (first column in the function screen) for the if the DJI requires you to use channels 1-3 (i.e. they can't be re-mapped then you may be out of luck and you may have to use an s.bus decoder to access one of the higher ports for your regular servos.

Regards,

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:40 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,389 Posts
eay PWM channels 1-8 are the same. You can add channels 9 to 14 via the S.bus network.
you can also reassign all the channels is if you like
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:33 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
I think you've misspelled 'easy', then said a load of stuff I don't understand/know how to do?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm #4 on Lindsay's list!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,375 Posts
UK, You can't reassign any channels on any Futaba receivers. PWM outputs are always available and numbered according to the label.
S.bus channels and s.bus to PWM converters can be whatever you want. So if you have lots of money you can buy a converter and put your analog stuff on CH9, etc. Otherwise, change your DJI code to free up a low channel.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
There's a TV show on CH4 in the UK right now called The Plane Crash where they're flying a full size passenger jet with a Futaba 8fg in a Marchetti SF 260 plane so they can crash the passenger jet and see what happens, I mean get it all on film (inside and out) so they can use it to see what happens in a crash for real, also using telemetry and crash test dummies.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by RC Flying UK; Oct 11, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2004
694 Posts
That was aired over here in the US as well. Exactly, the guy was flying the airliner with an 8FG! Nice endorsement. So everyone knows, they took off with a crew, then the guy with the transmitter flew up next to it in a Cessna Skymaster, then after they confirmed he had control the crew bailed out. He was only controlling it from landing approach until it made a 2000 ft/min descent to a crash landing. I missed the beginning so I didn't see any of the gear used to remotely control the plane. Must be some honking servos
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
Yeah, they were going to use a Marchetti SF 260 to chase as it's a lot faster, but the fuel pump was shot so they switched to the Cessna, which could only just keep up. It's just got to the bit where the pilot has bailed out so there's no one left in the plane. Quite spooky.

P.S. The servos aren't super massive, maybe about the size of car shocks.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,637 Posts
I wonder why they only got 50m range, may be they didn't put the antennas at right angles or something.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
846 Posts
I thought that too. I guess because the receiver was all inside the plane.
Site Sponsor