HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:04 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,596 Posts
Yep, I did that as well. Function screen shows:
3 MOT J3 T3...
When you select Motor it asks you if you want it reversed....
but still no luck...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Oct 08, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:15 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Yep, I did that as well. Function screen shows:
3 MOT J3 T3...
When you select Motor it asks you if you want it reversed....
but still no luck...
First, as you probably have done: LNK - FUNCTION - change desired ch from THR to MOTOR and let it do the reversing.
Then MDL - MOTOR and ACTivate it, set a SWitch and a scroll down below to the MOTOR line to hilite the number, set thr stick to min and press/hold RTN to obtain +100.
Use the servo monitor to check your desired SWitch has its ON/OFF position as you liked, when the SWitch is ON the motor is enabled, and OFF disabled.

If you turn on your TX with such a model youll get a motor warning if the switch isnt OFF (and if the THR stick is not at min)

(deactivate your THR CUT settings and also remember to calibrate your esc - with motor enabled of course...)
numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:34 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato4u View Post
I've been struggling to find a compatible card to be used with Futaba t8fg as well..
They should do something and get rid of this card compatibility issue..
It's like having a radio of the 90's that isn't compatible with newer generation memory cards..
Futaba, please supply these memory cards with the radio. The cards called for are now outdated and nearly impossible to find.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
First, as you probably have done: LNK - FUNCTION - change desired ch from THR to MOTOR and let it do the reversing.
Then MDL - MOTOR and ACTivate it, set a SWitch and a scroll down below to the MOTOR line to hilite the number, set thr stick to min and press/hold RTN to obtain +100.
Use the servo monitor to check your desired SWitch has its ON/OFF position as you liked, when the SWitch is ON the motor is enabled, and OFF disabled.

If you turn on your TX with such a model youll get a motor warning if the switch isnt OFF (and if the THR stick is not at min)

(deactivate your THR CUT settings and also remember to calibrate your esc - with motor enabled of course...)

Yes! Yes! Yes! That did it! You are a genius. I can't tell you how many people tried to figure that one out... I am so happy I asked first instead of trying to program the plane from scratch which would have resulted in the same behavior.

The funny thing is, that I had Motor originally enabled, but then I inhibited it becuase each time I started the Tx, I got a "MOTOR" alarm and I didn't understand why. It was precieved to be a redundant alarm because I must have not tried to start the Tx with it in the off position (duh) and because Spketrum (which is what I used before) will not stop the Tx from booting up if the switch is in the incorrect position.

Thanks again!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
Futaba, please supply these memory cards with the radio. The cards called for are now outdated and nearly impossible to find.
I am not saying Futaba shouldn't include them...
However, until then, you can get them on ebay for $5 for a 2G card with free shipping
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
I am not saying Futaba shouldn't include them...
However, until then, you can get them on ebay for $5 for a 2G card with free shipping
I'm not sure if it makes a difference but my experience has shown that slower = higher probability of compatibility. For that reason, if I were buying one, I would avoid the ones marked as class 2 or class 4 to give myself a better chance.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,596 Posts
True. Here is the one I am using. Starting bid is $0.99 + shipping or $4.99 for buy it now...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:48 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,242 Posts
Quote:
True. Here is the one I am using. Starting bid is $0.99 + shipping or $4.99 for buy it now...
Yep, that's the one I use.

Doug
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Jun 2004
344 Posts
I had to send the radio to Futaba today as they think the SD reader is bad. Also dealing with Steve Kaluf. He is one of the nicest people to deal with I have ever encountered.

More to come when my radio gets back.

Travis
Pilot232 is online now Find More Posts by Pilot232
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking for the while plastic throttle ratchet cover to turn my throttle from ratcheting to smooth. If anyone has a spare they wouldn't mind parting with could you please send me a PM? I'm willing to pay for shipping and even a small fee for the part.

Regards,

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,202 Posts
Why doesn't Futaba supply one with every radio
Think about it. Why do they waste resources stocking an airplane and heli version With current software versions there is no difference, other than the smooth/ratchet throttle.
I'd be happy to send an SASE plus a couple of "Forever" stamps to anyone willing to part with one of those plastic pieces
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
They used to supply a smooth ratchet plate with the radio so you could do the change yourself.

but then some distributors said if you open the back of the radio yourself your warranty is gone!!!

Why??!!!!

I can't see why this design is not improved through an external adjustment.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Why doesn't Futaba supply one with every radio
Think about it. Why do they waste resources stocking an airplane and heli version With current software versions there is no difference, other than the smooth/ratchet throttle.
I'd be happy to send an SASE plus a couple of "Forever" stamps to anyone willing to part with one of those plastic pieces
Pete
I have to be honest, I may have gotten one but when I bought my radio 3+ years ago I had no thought of ever needing it, I used to fly only airplanes at the time. I vaguely remember seeing it and then putting it back in the box as I decided it will be there for the future if I need it. Since then I have moved to a new house, the new house is smaller so I had to dump a bunch of stuff. Well, an unused radio box did not seem like a keeper so it went into the trash. I'm sure I opened the box and had a quick peek in, pulled the manual and decided there was nothing else worth keeping. The white plastic piece stored in white styrofoam probably did not get seen and got tossed out with the box by mistake.

If necessary I will just call Futaba and try to figure out if I can get a replacement.

Regards,

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
I've had my radio now a year and a half or two years now. The ratchet in my throttle is almost worn out. I flew a friends plane and he has a new 8fg and was very surprised on how much mine is worn. Mine is almost smooth now but just enough there to know the ratchet is there if you know what l mean.
Doesn't the heli version have lighter springs for the sticks? I know most futaba radios are that way
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
885 Posts
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use s.bus and one of the conventional channels on the R6203SB receiver at the same time?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor