HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,484 Posts
Only the cheap clone receivers can be reconfigured for high channel numbers. Futaba does not have the engineering expertise to develop such technology.

You can use the 6108/6208 to configure your s.bus servos. You connect the servo to the channel number you want it to become (1-8) and boot with the bind plug. To program the servo for high channel numbers you switch to "Mode B" with the button. This is only to set the channel number of an s.bus servo and has no effect on the RX or PWM channel behavior.

R6208SB Manual
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
If I interpret this correctly then Doug is right:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6208sb-manual.pdf

- Birger
Thanks! I attempted to use the 8th channel but it was a no go, I will try this tonight if I have enough hours before I fall asleep
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:41 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Only the cheap clone receivers can be reconfigured for high channel numbers. Futaba does not have the engineering expertise to develop such technology.

You can use the 6108/6208 to configure your s.bus servos. You connect the servo to the channel number you want it to become (1-8) and boot with the bind plug. To program the servo for high channel numbers you switch to "Mode B" with the button. This is only to set the channel number of an s.bus servo and has no effect on the RX or PWM channel behavior.

R6208SB Manual
I see what you mean, and now that I re-read the manual with this explanation it becomes much clearer. And here I thought you had to have a programmer or a 18MZ to set the sBus channel of a servo, live and learn

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:28 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Vespa is right with the exception of the R7008SB. It can be configured to run ch1-8 on one rx and another can be configured to run 9-16 in PWM/conventional channel port.
Linking two R7008SB Receivers to the 18MZ (4 min 46 sec)

The manual tells how to set the Rx to "B"mode to set channels for S.bus.
But it should only be a firmware upgrade away from enabling the ports on PWM.....Think about it. Only reason they're not doing it is a marketing reason.
The R6308SBT Rx is also able to couple to a second unit to enable 14 channels (with radio subject of this thread) for FASST/FASSTest hybrids. Still no word on those in the world outside of Robbe.de though.

"Receiver R6308SBT FASST-Telemetry - Product description

Compact, lightweight 2.4 GHz FASST receiver with integral FASSTest telemetry transmitter, for transmitting model data back to the ground.

In spite of its small size the R6308SBT receiver features an integral FASSTest telemetry transmitter and can transmit a maximum of 32 telemetry data sets to the ground over a range of up to 1000 meters (3200ft).

Any existing FASST system can be converted to telemetry operation at any time by using an R6308SBT 2.4GHz FASST telemetry receiver.

Naturally the receiver is fitted with eight PWM outputs for conventional servos. The PWM outputs are switchable, so electively the channels 1 to 8 or 9 to 16 are available. Two receivers can be operated in parallel to provide sixteen PWM channels.

Channel 8 can be switched to S.Bus mode, so up to eighteen S.Bus servos or other devices can be connected to this output.

Devices or sensors can be connected via the S.Bus2 socket, and up to 32 telemetry data sets can be transmitted. If two receivers are employed, the number of telemetry channels rises to 64.

The receiver's integral transmitter sends telemetry data present at the S.Bus2 socket to the Telemetry-Box 2.4 GHz FASSTest (Item no. RF1666) by radio. The data are then displayed on the screen, or generated in the form of audible or speech output.

If a separate Wi-Fi Rx-Box 2.4 GHz FASSTest (Item no. RF1667) with integral FASSTest receiver module is used, the telemetry data can also or alternatively be transmitted to a smart-phone (Android, Apple), netbook, laptop, etc., and any monitor connected to that device."
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Last edited by TimBle; Sep 28, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:57 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
So far a 2600mA.hr GensAce 2S lipo. Fits a bit loose but can be fixed with foam.
I 've had a Zippy 2500mA.hr 2S LiFePO4 in there as well. Perfect fit it is!
Can you charge LiFePO4 batteries with the stock charger?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Nope. Youhave to remove the battery to charge it.

Hyperion 9.9V Tx pack for Futaba Tx' requiring a flat pack 9.6V Nicad has a charge circuit built into the pack so they claim you can charge the battery pack in the Tx. However I tried this and it resulted in a massively unbalanced pack. You have to leave it plugged in for the full charge duration.
I had to bin the pack afterward despite leaving it on charge for 20hrs.
BEtter and safer to simply remove the pack and charge it on your balance charger
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:10 AM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,484 Posts
Good find on the new receivers Timble. It's important to note however that the new R7008SB is not compatible with any Futaba transmitters and cannot be used for any purpose whatsoever (except possibly the 18MZ). The R6308SB might be compatible with a small random handful of Futaba transmitters but it does not yet exist.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
BS:
The R6308SBT is available in Europe.

The R7008SB is the Rx supplied with the 18MZ. It is FASSTest so no it won't work with the 8FG but the R6308SBT will.
You will need the Robbe /Futaba FASSTest plug in telemetry box to access the telemetry BUT you can link two of those to a 8FG just like you can link two TFR-8S receivers together.

If you want the R6308SBT, purchase it from one of the European based hobby stores. Even SteveWebb models can get them too you. Its just not available from Hobbico.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
BS:
The R6308SBT is available in Europe.

The R7008SB is the Rx supplied with the 18MZ. It is FASSTest so no it won't work with the 8FG but the R6308SBT will.
You will need the Robbe /Futaba FASSTest plug in telemetry box to access the telemetry BUT you can link two of those to a 8FG just like you can link two TFR-8S receivers together.

If you want the R6308SBT, purchase it from one of the European based hobby stores. Even SteveWebb models can get them too you. Its just not available from Hobbico.
Here in the states, The R6308SBT passed FCC requirements so it should be available soon.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Good to hear that.

There'll be a few more Rx thereafter like a R6303SBT for the glider crowd or cheapskates like myself who use S.bus
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:36 PM
3d flippin
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Jan 2012
1,856 Posts
hey guys i need alot of help!!! i am setting up an 8fg super 5.0 latest update with 3gx 2.1 please help!!!!!!!!!!
The_MonsterMash is offline Find More Posts by The_MonsterMash
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:24 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
https://sites.google.com/a/naesman.s...lign-3gx-setup
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:14 PM
Phoenix Deer Vally, Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2004
325 Posts
Well, after using JR for over 35 years I am the proud owner of an 8FGS. I just got tired of installing remote receivers.

I know I will have a learning curve, but I am sure it will be worth it. I am sure that all of the fine gentlemen on this forum will be willing to help if needed and I thank you in advance.

I have never heard of any brown out issues or voltage issues with Futaba. I only run A123 receiver batteries, so I don't expect any issues.

Warm Regards,

Travis
Pilot232 is online now Find More Posts by Pilot232
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sandy Springs, GA
Joined Jul 2008
499 Posts
Congratulations! You just bought a great system. Once through the learning curve you well be very happy with it.

Bruce
landeck is online now Find More Posts by landeck
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Travis,

Thanks for putting your trust in Futaba equipment, I'm 100% confident you will not be disappointed in your choice.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot232 View Post
Well, after using JR for over 35 years I am the proud owner of an 8FGS. I just got tired of installing remote receivers.

I know I will have a learning curve, but I am sure it will be worth it. I am sure that all of the fine gentlemen on this forum will be willing to help if needed and I thank you in advance.

I have never heard of any brown out issues or voltage issues with Futaba. I only run A123 receiver batteries, so I don't expect any issues.

Warm Regards,

Travis
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor