HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
Have you seen my Cobra?
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,571 Posts
There is absolutely no chance that the 8FG will lose or corrupt any data as the result of turning off too soon, nor is there any mention of such in the manual. All settings are saved immediately as they are input and you can turn off anytime, anywhere.

However, the 8FG has a number of built-in "features" that conveniently wipe out all your model data (without warning) whenever you change certain things like your flap mixing or whatever. I thought this was a flaw but it turns out that most people really like this functionality as it saves them the trouble of deleting models from memory with the boring delete option. Did it bother you?
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
United States, FL, Hallandale Beach
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
Vespa thank you for the info. Yes it bothered me cause it was in the midle of my flying day and it happened to both planes that i had with me.And guess what?? I was changing the Flap mixing this Day .Vespa, do you think that was probably causing it??? All my other Planes are aerobatic and 3D so I never bothered using Flaps, but I just got into Gliders and I tryed to mix some camber in to it. I guess I will have to start reading the guide a lil more often.
btpalc is offline Find More Posts by btpalc
Last edited by btpalc; Sep 18, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpalc View Post
Vespa thank you for the info. Yes it bothered me cause it was in the midle of my flying day and it happened to both planes that i had with me.And guess what?? I was changing the Flap mixing this Day .Vespa, do you think that was probably causing it??? All my other Planes are aerobatic and 3D so I never bothered using Flaps, but I just got into Gliders and I tryed to mix some camber in to it. I guess I will have to start reading the guide a lil more often.
FYI

Understand that this has nothing to do with changing any of the camber mixes or any other mixes related to the flap channels or camber function. Model reset ONLY happens (as it relates to flaps) if you change the number of flap channels in your WING CONFIGURATION.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I currently have a R6208SB and I am flying a DJI Naza Hexacopter. The Naza comes ready for SBUS using the first 8 channels (what the manual says although I only count 7 being used). I was wondering if there was anyway to use one of the traditional channels along side the SBUS if in fact the Naza flight controller is using the first 8.

If I am correct and the Naza is only using the first 7 channels, is it possible I could use the traditional 8th?

Think it's possible to reprogram the flight controller so it uses channels 7-14 freeing up channels 1-6 traditional?

(Yes I did forum searches and google searches first... couldnt get a straight answer)
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:33 AM
Have you seen my Cobra?
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,571 Posts
Yes, the 6208 will always output standard PWM on CH1-8 even if you are using s.bus. Also you could change your copter code to use higher channels and free up even more PWMs.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, FL, Hallandale Beach
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
Thank you Birger, the problem is that I do not know what I did to reset my models, that never happened before and I have the Radio over a year now, I'm just going to be more careful in the future when I'm programming my Glider settings.
btpalc is offline Find More Posts by btpalc
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:59 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,206 Posts
I'm pretty sure the R6208SB can be set to output CH 9-16 on the standard PWM bus, so no need to remap the first 8 channels on the Hexcopter
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:44 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Thanks for letting me know whats possible... tonight I will try to figure it all out. I might be back tomorrow for more input
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:07 AM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2007
175 Posts
What is the most mah either life or lipo that anyone was able to stuff into the battery bay? I am looking for at least 3000mah from HK.
bdp3822 is offline Find More Posts by bdp3822
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp3822 View Post
What is the most mah either life or lipo that anyone was able to stuff into the battery bay? I am looking for at least 3000mah from HK.
I have 2600mAh and there is some room to spare. In theory 3000mAh should fit if the battery were just the right size.

- Birger
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2007
175 Posts
Thanks Birger! I have an idea about size based on the stock size nicd and other lipos that people say fit for sure. Without looking at it, I was trying to get a feel if there was any leeway to try stuffing something bigger.

Mahalo,
Bryon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I have 2600mAh and there is some room to spare. In theory 3000mAh should fit if the battery were just the right size.

- Birger
bdp3822 is offline Find More Posts by bdp3822
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
I'm pretty sure the R6208SB can be set to output CH 9-16 on the standard PWM bus, so no need to remap the first 8 channels on the Hexcopter
Pete
eeerrrrr, no you can't..The R7008SB can do that. On the R6208SB the PWM 1-8 Ch are 1-8 and nothing else.
If you could set them to 9-16 I'd be onto them in a flash to make a 14 channel Rx!
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp3822 View Post
So far a 2600mA.hr GensAce 2S lipo. Fits a bit loose but can be fixed with foam.
I 've had a Zippy 2500mA.hr 2S LiFePO4 in there as well. Perfect fit it is!
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
eeerrrrr, no you can't..The R7008SB can do that. On the R6208SB the PWM 1-8 Ch are 1-8 and nothing else.
If you could set them to 9-16 I'd be onto them in a flash to make a 14 channel Rx!
If I recall, with the R6208 you can get a second receiver using channels 9 thru 16 by plugging the short plug that comes with the rx in the data port and set the rx to B mode, then you can use those channels as 9 thru 16 with the sbus servos.

I'll have to look for the manual that comes with the rx to clarify that.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
If I recall, with the R6208 you can get a second receiver using channels 9 thru 16 by plugging the short plug that comes with the rx in the data port and set the rx to B mode, then you can use those channels as 9 thru 16 with the sbus servos.

I'll have to look for the manual that comes with the rx to clarify that.

Doug.
If I interpret this correctly then Doug is right:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6208sb-manual.pdf

- Birger
RCG Plus Member