SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:52 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
WOW. So since the 8 channel one can bind in multi mode it utilizes the 2048 resolution right? (plus the $34 price is amazing)
All the FrSky FASST receivers will link to either 7Ch, or MultiMode. I can't say if they actually give you 2048, and doubt that most of us could tell either, but the big benefit of having the ability to have user settable F/S settings on all channels, a biggie for sailplane pilots.
I would also make note of the fact that the 8 channel FrSky (their oldest model) requires that you disable the F/S in the transmitter and set your F/S settings ala Spektrum, unless you absolutely need 8 channels, I would avoid that model.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:15 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,462 Posts
My brothers orange RXs I had to disable the fail safe to make them work.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,378 Posts
The failsafe on older frsky (orange) work on all channel. I always give a little bit on elevator so the plane wont go nosedive in case of a signal lost and on benchtest the elevator also work on failsafe.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:30 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,240 Posts
Update on the 8 channel FrSkys
The new TFR8S replaces the original TFR8. The new TFR8S does allow the use of the transmitter based F/S settings
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
Check these guys out, who needs Hobby-Kong
Just for shuetz und giggles I dropped one in the shopping cart to check out the shipping, only $2.80 to mail one to you first class mail.
Value Hobby is where I buy my lipos, so they're a good choice as well. Their shipping is a flat rate of 3.99 on "stuff", but more on ARF's naturally.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Update on the 8 channel FrSkys
The new TFR8S replaces the original TFR8. The new TFR8S does allow the use of the transmitter based F/S settings
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
Check these guys out, who needs Hobby-Kong
Just for shuetz und giggles I dropped one in the shopping cart to check out the shipping, only $2.80 to mail one to you first class mail.
Value Hobby is where I buy my lipos, so they're a good choice as well. Their shipping is a flat rate of 3.99 on "stuff", but more on ARF's naturally.
Pete
Is there a way to upgrade the firmware on your old receivers to the (S) firmware. Or do we just toss the old receivers. I have one if the first ones and it has slight throttle glitches even though I turned off FS in the transmitter.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,065 Posts
<waiting for FASSTest 8fg>
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:54 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Yep! From my flights after getting them bound, they worked great! Got them pretty far out too! (user error messed up binding the first couple of times) ... Losi, you mind if I pm you some futaba questions? And lastly, can someone explain how to setup dual rates?
I second thatů for some reason I got it done but I don't want to copy a model, I want to start from scratch and it just doesn't click with me either.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:02 PM
Don't take your guns to town
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,607 Posts
How'd you figure out those crazy fonts without figuring out the search function?
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,885 Posts
dumb luck….

Just went off what he posted and realized I would like the same thing.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,885 Posts
OK, OK… found post 211. Thanks Vespa for reminding me to search, but since there was no smiley it seems you were a bit blunt about it.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, WV, Princeton
Joined Jul 2003
527 Posts
Look in the menus for something about dual rates. Fill in the menus until you get desired results.
Cory
clytle374 is offline Find More Posts by clytle374
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
So, you can swallow a 808? I mean if the ones that are in acceptable health risk levels?
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; Jun 01, 2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Opps wrong thread..
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
I second thatů for some reason I got it done but I don't want to copy a model, I want to start from scratch and it just doesn't click with me either.
Try this: http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-8fg-2_4ghz-q1130.html

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:55 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clytle374 View Post
Look in the menus for something about dual rates. Fill in the menus until you get desired results.
Cory
I figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
Ill put up a descripton when I get home.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, WV, Huntington
Joined Nov 2005
50 Posts
I am a newly convert from spektrum dx8 to the 8fg. This radio is nice love the functionality of it. I know that expo is just reverse of spektrum/JR but are the values a direct port, such is 30% expo giving the same feel between the 2? I've heard that futaba requires a higher number to what spektrum uses. I know just fly it and see how it feels, but would like to get close before as this is in a fast jet.

Thanks
raptor30se is offline Find More Posts by raptor30se