HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:22 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
810 Posts
I am using a 2GB and works fine. Some cards will not work in the 8FG for some reason. Ones that I have tried are:

Work in 8FG:
- Dane-Elec 2GB
- Palm 16MB (will hold a few models, but recommend much larger. Happen to have it so stuck it in to see)

Does not work:
- Kingston 512MB

If you search the thread back a few pages there are some posts re cards that work.

Hope that helps.
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:30 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,289 Posts
Hey All,
I just put a 2G Sandisk in my 8FG, works fine. I tried to find a 1g card, but nobody seems to have them below 2G anymore.
Pete,
Who used to spend the better part of a working day replacing and aligning the heads and replacing the platters in 18M Control Data drives
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Mar 07, 2010, 04:12 PM
London
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
Same here, also using a 2Gb Sandisk. May purchase another just in case the 2Gb versions become scarce.
Bladerunner2000 is offline Find More Posts by Bladerunner2000
Old Mar 08, 2010, 06:37 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwings View Post
I am using a 2GB and works fine. Some cards will not work in the 8FG for some reason. Ones that I have tried are:
Work in 8FG:
- Dane-Elec 2GB
- Palm 16MB (will hold a few models, but recommend much larger. Happen to have it so stuck it in to see)
Does not work:
- Kingston 512MB
If you search the thread back a few pages there are some posts re cards that work. Hope that helps.
I'll tell you one card that will not work.... a "MultiMediaCard (MMC-32M)" from Canon.

I use a MicroSD SanDisk from my last cell phone and yse the micro to SD adapter. Also; The DANE-ELEC SD 1GB card works... around $10.

A USB combo SD all in one flash drive is a great option as well!
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2010, 06:41 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages As you know under model choice, there's internal memoryfor 20 models however; an SD card will store something like 3862 models per 2GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
I know, but that wasnt my question, I want to know if I can store models at the SD card and then choose them directly ?
I did read somewhere hear that all the models stored in SD card, you first have to transfer them into internal memory of the radio before using them, thats why Futaba 10C radio is better with its campac menory because you can choose models directly... Or am I wrong ?
Got it.... once I have the models on the SD, I just leave it set to the "card" instead of the Tx memory.
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by simages; Mar 08, 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Anal retentive correction.....
Old Mar 08, 2010, 09:18 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
810 Posts
sebbe,

You are not wrong regarding the 10C vs 8FG memory selection. I am not sure if the answer you got is quite clear...so her is a snip from the 8FG manual that explains it.

Model Selection: "Model data saved on the SD card can not be selected directly"

You must copy it over to the TX memory before you can select it.
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Mar 08, 2010, 09:28 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwings View Post
sebbe,

You are not wrong regarding the 10C vs 8FG memory selection. I am not sure if the answer you got is quite clear...so her is a snip from the 8FG manual that explains it.

Model Selection: "Model data saved on the SD card can not be selected directly"

You must copy it over to the TX memory before you can select it.

From post #486.

"You will need to go to the LINKAGE MENU, select MODEL SEL. scroll to TX hit RTN and change it to CARD, from there you can RENAME,COPY (to TX)or DELETE only.
On my 12FG, I can load the models directly from the SD-Card, will be nice for futaba to add this to the 8FG on the next firware release.

Yes on the 10C you can load the model from the compac card, but you can't upgrade the firware at home, and that to me is way more important."
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:52 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Thanks all, Yes i now know how to reach the models in SD card

I have ordered my Futaba 8FG now, really cheep, so I am now just waiting to get it home. I will also buy Sandisk SD card....

BUT ? wich 2GB Sandisk card do you guys have thats working fine, there are 2 version :

* SanDisk SD Ultra II - 2GB (black/red)
* SanDisk SD kort - 2GB (blue/red)
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Mar 08, 2010, 12:02 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,289 Posts
Hi Sebbe,
I have the Sandisk blue/red. No need for the higher read/write speed of the more expensive Ultra models as far as I can see. In a DSLR camera, that's a different story
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Mar 08, 2010, 02:19 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Hi Sebbe,
I have the Sandisk blue/red. No need for the higher read/write speed of the more expensive Ultra models as far as I can see. In a DSLR camera, that's a different story
Pete
OK, thanks, well the price is the same here in Sweden, but IŽll still get the Blue/red one, This one seems to work perfect.

sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Mar 09, 2010, 02:37 AM
Joined Jul 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Not much info on this unit yet, but here is what Robbe is showing.

Dimensions: 175 x 175 x 55 mm
Weight: 820 g
Frequency band: 2400.00
Channel spacing: 2048 kHz
Current drain: ca. 220 mA
Power Supply: 7,2 Volt NiMH-Akku
Functions: 20/10 Servos

It uses an SD card so the firmware can be updated at home.
10 channel radio (8+2)

Not much more than that.

Doug.

P.S. Check post #22 and 29 here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1083285&page=2

Great~~~~~~
More and more people ues Futaba now.
Big brand is big brand\
happy mind is offline Find More Posts by happy mind
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:08 AM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
I found an old 32MB card, and it says that will hold 50 models. Guess that will be enough for a while . I didn't know you couldn't load directly from the card though, that is kind of inconvenient. Maybe they will enable this in the future, but I won't hold my breath.
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:50 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
I found an old 32MB card, and it says that will hold 50 models. Guess that will be enough for a while . I didn't know you couldn't load directly from the card though, that is kind of inconvenient. Maybe they will enable this in the future, but I won't hold my breath.
yea but the patches might not be less then 32mb who knows.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:44 PM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
You may be right, but I would be really surprised if it was that big. If it is I will get another card . Just illustrates how little JR put into the x9503 though. If 32MB of flash is all that is needed for 50 models... What is that, $.50 of flash memory? But it does have a cool backlight now, and let's not forget the throttle timer start. Oh, the 8FG has those too
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:12 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
You may be right, but I would be really surprised if it was that big. If it is I will get another card . Just illustrates how little JR put into the x9503 though. If 32MB of flash is all that is needed for 50 models... What is that, $.50 of flash memory? But it does have a cool backlight now, and let's not forget the throttle timer start. Oh, the 8FG has those too
We don't know how big is the file, like on computers microsoft is always releasig patches and service pack but its different computer do many things. I paid 4gb sd for 14 bucks so 2gb would be less. I don't worry about it my radio works flawless.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11