HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Hi guys, need a new system quick. I looked at this thing when it first came out but want to confirm something things before I head out this aft. I am going back between this and the 10chan. Sorry I am sure this is posted but I am in a jam and will read through the thread later.

-Does this now have flight modes in Aero?

-I am setting up a 100 cc. I see it comes with an 8 channel rx now. If I go and buy a Futaba 14 channel RX can I use all these channels with this radio? Reality is the extras would be used for the extra ail servos and rudder.

-Can the 14C HS rx take lipos? Does it have batt share.

Thanks Ken
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
Hi guys, need a new system quick. I looked at this thing when it first came out but want to confirm something things before I head out this aft. I am going back between this and the 10chan. Sorry I am sure this is posted but I am in a jam and will read through the thread later.

-Does this now have flight modes in Aero?

-I am setting up a 100 cc. I see it comes with an 8 channel rx now. If I go and buy a Futaba 14 channel RX can I use all these channels with this radio? Reality is the extras would be used for the extra ail servos and rudder.

-Can the 14C HS rx take lipos? Does it have batt share.

Thanks Ken
-Does this now have flight modes in Aero? Not yet.

Yes, you can use all 14 channels with the 8FG, 12 + 2 on/off

Yes, you can use a 2S lipo with the rx, just make sure the servos can handle a 2S LiPo pack.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old May 03, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Thanks that great. Can you change the expodential and dual rate off the same switch. Eg

Switch position 1 - DR 100% Expo 60
Switch position 2 - DR 75% Expo 50
Switch position 3 - DR 50% Expo 50
Old May 03, 2012, 09:44 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,350 Posts
Quote:
Thanks that great. Can you change the expodential and dual rate off the same switch. Eg

Switch position 1 - DR 100% Expo 60
Switch position 2 - DR 75% Expo 50
Switch position 3 - DR 50% Expo 50
Yes.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
You can use 5 diferent rates. 3 in 1 switch an 2 more were you want it. You can use everithing evrywere.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old May 03, 2012, 09:49 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
You can use 5 diferent rates. 3 in 1 switch an 2 more were you want it. You can use everithing evrywere.
In fact you can use all 5 rates were you want. Stick movement, slider, knobs, switch,
Old May 03, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Thanks guys I know its a PINA when people come on the boards like this when its in the manual hahaha.

So basically it does not have flight modes but it seems so programmable that you can easily get by....

Off to the store haha...
Old May 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys I know its a PINA when people come on the boards like this when its in the manual hahaha.

So basically it does not have flight modes but it seems so programmable that you can easily get by....

Off to the store haha...
Understand that the big difference between single switch DR/Expo and true flight modes is that you will not have independent trim for each DR/Expo setting (as you would with flight modes). Now, there is nothing stopping you from setting your powered model up as a glider and using true flight modes, just remember that you can't re-label them so you are stuck with the factory labels.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Thanks, Does anyone think Futaba will wake up and put flight modes on this thing??? Kinda funny they do a couple of upgrades and don't put this in..

Does the 10 chn have flight modes??
Old May 03, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Does anyone think Futaba will wake up and put flight modes on this thing??? Kinda funny they do a couple of upgrades and don't put this in..

Well, technically the 8FG does have flight modes (Futaba calls them conditions), you just can't re-label them and you need to set your model up as a glider though with function based programming this doesn't really make any difference. If that is of big concern then maybe your best bet is the 12FG. I would stay away from the 10 series as they use the old programming paradigm and not the new one that is only fully supported in the 8FG, 12FG and 18MZ.

BTW, the 8FG has 5 flight modes, the 12FG has 8.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 10:56 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Quote:

What's stopping you from setting up as a glider in the radio, if you want conditions?

With the way the dual rates menu works, I don't find too much need for conditions either way.

I'd have to look it up to see what the 10C has. When I was in the market for a new radio, I had the option between the 10C module radio, and the 8FG. The 8FG had a few nice newer features, like working with SD cards, and such, so I went with the 8FG. I'm definitely glad I did since we later got the update to make it a 12+2 channel radio instead of 8+2 like the 10C.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old May 03, 2012, 11:16 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,369 Posts
That is very confusing the way that Futaba names the radios.

The 10C is a 8+2 channel transmitter and has no upgrade capability – it’s a very old design.

The 8FG is a 12+2 channel transmitter.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old May 03, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,034 Posts
Haven't kept up with this thread. Did the 8FG get telemetry yet?
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old May 03, 2012, 03:35 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Well this is kinda frustrating...my 8FG doesn't like the name "Velox" apparently. It wouldn't let me create that as a new name. After messing with it I got as far as "Velo" but if I put the x at the end, it just goes back to "Velo".

Is it a know problem with the 8FG naming models?
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 03:49 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
Wierd VELOX thing. I will try on mine to see. You try on both CAP and small?