HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend View Post
Fair enough. But you're probably not switching your Rxs around that often.

Agreed.
Nah i have alot of receivers for dx6i. But i need to buy some receiver for 8fg, very nice radio, best thing i ever had.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
Question, If you had a choice between the 8FG and the T10CAG about the same price what one would you get?
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
Joined Mar 2009
67 Posts
stick mode

Hi, can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the stick mode from 1 to 2.?
as futaba say it needs to be sent to them
micktol is offline Find More Posts by micktol
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:53 PM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Nah i have alot of receivers for dx6i. But i need to buy some receiver for 8fg, very nice radio, best thing i ever had.
Yes, but to move a receiver from one model to another you have a rebind it, as a consequence of model match, right? Or change the programming for the model setup to which it is bound.
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Old Feb 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micktol View Post
Hi, can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the stick mode from 1 to 2.?
as futaba say it needs to be sent to them
Page 47 of the 8FG manual describes changing the mode. Hope that helps.
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Feb 21, 2010, 02:44 PM
Joined Mar 2009
67 Posts
thanks for the reply rcwings, but I want to change the spring and rachet so that the gas is on the left. I have changed it on the 6ex but I am not sure if its possible for the user to do it on the 8fg
micktol is offline Find More Posts by micktol
Old Feb 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the reply rcwings, but I want to change the spring and rachet so that the gas is on the left. I have changed it on the 6ex but I am not sure if its possible for the user to do it on the 8fg
That my friend I am not sure about...sorry.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
NL
Joined Sep 2006
19 Posts
rachet

Quote:

It is the easiest thing. Very clever design; I opened the entire joystick to make a modification and it's all self explanatory. just do it.

In my box there was even a spare ratchet in case you want boths sticks to 'ratch'
krelis is offline Find More Posts by krelis
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:08 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Apr 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by air mail rcg View Post
Question, If you had a choice between the 8FG and the T10CAG about the same price what one would you get?
if they are about the same price then get the:

<<<T10CG>>>
pcmac is offline Find More Posts by pcmac
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:13 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
I dont know how the price are for you guys, but here in Sweden the price differance is very little between the Futaba 8 and Futaba 10..... I dont understand, I can not think of 1 reason to choose the Futaba 8 instead of the Futaba 10 ????

Or what do you say.
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Feb 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:48 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,320 Posts
The price difference here runs about 180 bucks. Both are great radios, but the 8FG has some software flexibility lacking in the 10C and SD memory vs Campac is a deal breaker for me. I have the 9C, and find the lighter, thinner 8FG more comfortable. Eight cell battery packs in transmitters are soooo 20th Century, the 8FG seems to run forever on the stock 1700mAh battery, replacement packs made up of Sanyo 4/5A cells for the FG radios are 2150mAh and a 2S lipo will also fit in the battery compartment if Lipos are your thing, no voltage issue
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:01 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
I dont know how the price are for you guys, but here in Sweden the price differance is very little between the Futaba 8 and Futaba 10..... I dont understand, I can not think of 1 reason to choose the Futaba 8 instead of the Futaba 10 ????

Or what do you say.
Here in Canada the difference is about $190, so I did not even consider it. I like the 8FG for the weight factor (almost half the weight), thinner case, balanced for neck strap and unlimited models with the use of an inexpensive SD card. Also software updates will be available from Futaba and easily completed by use of the SD card (not sure if the 10CAG has that capability with the CAMPac???). Likely the 10CAG is a better radio, but for me the 8FG fit the bill in many ways....no regrets even if I did have a little more to spend.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:04 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Yeah, I was just going to say that the SD card compatibility of the 8FG makes it more desirable than the 10CG, even if they were the same price, to me.

You can look at the question from the other side. What reasons are there to get the 10CG instead of the 8FG?

If those reasons are worth it to you, then get the 10CG. Simple enough. They however aren't worth it to me.

(I'm also pretty fond of the way they sneaked the extra two switchable channels in for free. Now if they'd just make a 10 channel Rx... )
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Last edited by Wrend; Feb 22, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:40 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
Don't be fooled by the names either.. Both radios have 8 proportional channels and 2 digital channels.

In my mind, the 10C is an upgraded 9C.. And the 8FG is a scaled down version of the 12FG which strikes me as the "next generation" futaba platform.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:52 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
I agree. You can see how the 8FG has been redesigned from the ground up as a functionally capable 2.4GHz system.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend