HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:45 AM
United States, NY, Medford
Joined Oct 2008
386 Posts
Mera'din

Thanks, the gimbals (ball bearing) is not a big deal. I fly IMAC Freestyle so the mixing capability of the 10CAG is slightly better than the 8FG. If I was into helis I would have picked the 8FG. I like the conventional look of the 10C and, I only need 7 or 8 models on my radios. I have limited storage for planes. I just bought a new in box (no reciever or servos) 10CAG with charger, manual with 1 year warranty for $295.00 + $6.95 shipping.

Thank's
Paul
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2009, 07:15 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
does the 8fg have three position switches for triple rates?
kinda in two minds about Aurora 9 or 8FG
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:43 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
does the 8fg have three position switches for triple rates?
kinda in two minds about Aurora 9 or 8FG
Yes it does, in fact you could have up to five rates/expo for each function using two or more switches. Each switch, except the spring loaded one is a three-position switch.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2009, 11:59 PM
Joined May 2009
88 Posts
hi there,

i got it today and it takes me some time to get used to it. i never had a radio that advanced and i am a total nood to helis...kinda. i follow the basic heli setup guide in the manual but i am stuck. everything works out fine other than the ailerons are reversed and i am not sure how to fix it...any ideas???

thanks,
G
whocares2001 is offline Find More Posts by whocares2001
Old Dec 06, 2009, 10:31 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
anyone used both the Aurora 9 and the 8fg for heli... any thoughts
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Dec 06, 2009, 03:01 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
My 8FG came in yesterday. After looking at all the new radios I got this one for a few reasons. The sticks are lower then all the other radios with its slim design. I have sorta small hands and this radio with the sticks all the way down is the best radio I haev ever felt in my hands. Also I have two 6EX radios so I have a few Futaba receivers, I got smart and now will be able to put all my planes on one radio.

I did come across one problem I have a minor worry about. I was programming my new radio to my planes and I forgot to push the bind button on the receiver, and it bound... So, I tried it on another receiver...and it bound.

Why would it bind to this new radio when they where all bound to a different TX. I am at a loss on this one.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Dec 06, 2009, 03:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
I have a 8uaf and a 8uaps and an Aurora on order so I'm not brand biased between Futaba and Hitec. I held the 8FG this week and didn't care much for it. It just felt to awkard to me. I wouldn't say cheaply made but IMHO, didn't feel like the quality of the old 8uaf. To me, the 8uaf feels much better, possibly because I am so used to the 8uaf. To someone else, the 8FG may be the best feeling radio ever made. It's all about individual tastes.

I hope when I get the Aurora it doesn't feel cheap either, if it does, I'll send it back if possible.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Dec 06, 2009, 04:50 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32 View Post
I have a 8uaf and a 8uaps and an Aurora on order so I'm not brand biased between Futaba and Hitec. I held the 8FG this week and didn't care much for it. It just felt to awkard to me. I wouldn't say cheaply made but IMHO, didn't feel like the quality of the old 8uaf. To me, the 8uaf feels much better, possibly because I am so used to the 8uaf. To someone else, the 8FG may be the best feeling radio ever made. It's all about individual tastes.

I hope when I get the Aurora it doesn't feel cheap either, if it does, I'll send it back if possible.
Ya, each radio has its pros and cons to the person getting it. I like all three of the new radios and was really leaning toward the Airtronics 10 channel. I almost got it but it felt bulky to me. Each one has things that the other could use, lets put it that way. But there will never be a perfect radio cause not everyone will like something about it.

I got all my planes in my 8FG and got to my heli.....what a nightmare. My 6 and 7 channel radios are childs play to program in retrospect to this thing.

I am going to need help on the heli programming, or not sell my other radio and keep them on the heli. Sorta kills the idea of having all my models on one TX.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Dec 07, 2009, 09:03 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,139 Posts
Ok, I took the FASST 8FG plunge, and ordered it along with 3 extra receivers. Will give some feedback this weekend after I try it out on my EDF.

-Joshua
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:43 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares2001 View Post
hi there,

i got it today and it takes me some time to get used to it. i never had a radio that advanced and i am a total nood to helis...kinda. i follow the basic heli setup guide in the manual but i am stuck. everything works out fine other than the ailerons are reversed and i am not sure how to fix it...any ideas???

thanks,
G
Have you went to swash and reverse the number to negative?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Dec 08, 2009, 02:47 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Ya, each radio has its pros and cons to the person getting it. I like all three of the new radios and was really leaning toward the Airtronics 10 channel. I almost got it but it felt bulky to me. Each one has things that the other could use, lets put it that way. But there will never be a perfect radio cause not everyone will like something about it.

I got all my planes in my 8FG and got to my heli.....what a nightmare. My 6 and 7 channel radios are childs play to program in retrospect to this thing.

I am going to need help on the heli programming, or not sell my other radio and keep them on the heli. Sorta kills the idea of having all my models on one TX.
What do you need help on to set up a heli?
Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:03 AM
Manchester, UK
Joined Feb 2009
283 Posts
I recently took the plunge and bought an 8FG rather than a Multiplex Royal or Aurora. Main reason was that I already had 6 Futaba 2.4GHz Rxs and have been very impressed with their FASST system. Obviously a one-sided comparison is only of limited value but I can say that I'm pleased with the 8FG.

Well engineered; well balanced; good operator 'feel'; good programming flexibility. Pity it isn't quite as easy or intuitive to program as an Evo - but you can't have everything

Got about 5 hours on the clock now (both setting up and flying) and my initial impressions hold up.

Obviously in such a diverse market there can never be an ideal solution to everyone's problems or requirements - but this Tx sure scores highly with me.

Enjoy flying

Skip
SkipT35 is offline Find More Posts by SkipT35
Old Dec 08, 2009, 03:05 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipT35 View Post
I recently took the plunge and bought an 8FG rather than a Multiplex Royal or Aurora. Main reason was that I already had 6 Futaba 2.4GHz Rxs and have been very impressed with their FASST system. Obviously a one-sided comparison is only of limited value but I can say that I'm pleased with the 8FG.

Well engineered; well balanced; good operator 'feel'; good programming flexibility. Pity it isn't quite as easy or intuitive to program as an Evo - but you can't have everything

Got about 5 hours on the clock now (both setting up and flying) and my initial impressions hold up.

Obviously in such a diverse market there can never be an ideal solution to everyone's problems or requirements - but this Tx sure scores highly with me.

Enjoy flying

Skip
Yea I love mine, i have 12 hours and i haven't even put to much flight on. LOL
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:51 AM
Are there crawfish in heaven??
Joined Apr 2004
277 Posts
Well, I also took the plunge and ordered my 8FG last night. I'd been looking at it, the A9 and the Airtronics. I've always had Futaba since day 1 (20 yrs) and have never had any issues. My 9CAPS hasn't missed a beat since I bought it. I guess it comes down to personal choice. I'll admit it took me a while to decide on the 8FG since this is my first 2.4 system and I'd be buying all new receivers. I'll keep my 9CAPS until I'm totally converted over and I'll probably still keep it in case I want to try any of the bind and fly stuff. Can't wait to get it in and start playing with it. Won't get to fly outside any time soon though. Right now in SE Illinois the temp is on the way down to the 20's, the wind's gusting to 30 and it's starting to snow lightly.
jcg1112 is offline Find More Posts by jcg1112
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg1112 View Post
Well, I also took the plunge and ordered my 8FG last night. I'd been looking at it, the A9 and the Airtronics. I've always had Futaba since day 1 (20 yrs) and have never had any issues. My 9CAPS hasn't missed a beat since I bought it. I guess it comes down to personal choice. I'll admit it took me a while to decide on the 8FG since this is my first 2.4 system and I'd be buying all new receivers. I'll keep my 9CAPS until I'm totally converted over and I'll probably still keep it in case I want to try any of the bind and fly stuff. Can't wait to get it in and start playing with it. Won't get to fly outside any time soon though. Right now in SE Illinois the temp is on the way down to the 20's, the wind's gusting to 30 and it's starting to snow lightly.
I'm positive you are going to love this radio! Yes the weather is not fun right now with the falling temps and way too much wind all day. Winter in IL right?

Don't forget to join us for E-Fest at the end of January.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor