Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdscratch View Post
Also does Towerhobbies not sell the 8FG with the R6008HS RX. I can only find it with the R6108SB RX on their site?
The 6008HS was replaced by the 6108SB. You get more for your money.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,199 Posts
My question is "Why the variable pitch propeller?". Considering for the most part they do not even exit, whats the point..
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Whats wrong with that? The SB receiver does everything the HS one does but also has the SB port. So its a win win
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
"You know how I Roll"
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Jan 2007
524 Posts
I thought the HS RX was faster than the SB RX... Thanks for the Info...
cjdscratch is offline Find More Posts by cjdscratch
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Jesus Freak
USA, TN, Knoxville, Cedar Bluff
Joined Feb 2005
856 Posts
A question for 8fg experts. I have a DX7 now and I'm thinking of upgrading. A friend has a H9 Beast running a 9503 with 4 ail servos mixed together, when he makes trim changes they don't transfer across flight modes. Does the 8fg allow trim changes to be either common to all flight modes or seperate to an individual flight mode? Thanks. Matt
byHISgrace is offline Find More Posts by byHISgrace
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
scratchy: the 6108SB has the same HS mode.

Previous Futaba heli transmitters would annoyingly default to heli for every new model - this is fixed in the 8FG as it defaults to the same model type as your currently selected model. Therefore the only problem with the heli transmitter is that the trainer switch is on the wrong side for some stupid reason. Maybe handy for lefties but I had to resolder mine to the other side in order to work with powered sailplanes.

Cleverly, Futaba no longer makes dedicated smooth/ratcheted gimbal frames, they just use a little teflon cap (pictured below). edit: This cap is reportedly included with the airplane model making the location of the trainer switch the only difference between air/heli models.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Last edited by vespa; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by byHISgrace View Post
A question for 8fg experts. I have a DX7 now and I'm thinking of upgrading. A friend has a H9 Beast running a 9503 with 4 ail servos mixed together, when he makes trim changes they don't transfer across flight modes. Does the 8fg allow trim changes to be either common to all flight modes or seperate to an individual flight mode? Thanks. Matt
I was testing mine out the other day when I had the beta version in and trim changes changed all my aileron servos and i also could sub trim all the different channes to get them to line up perfectly
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:10 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
Hisgrace: in the 8FG's T1-T4 Set page you can choose which trims you want to be global and which you want to be mode-specific.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:25 PM
"You know how I Roll"
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Jan 2007
524 Posts
Thanks for the info..
cjdscratch is offline Find More Posts by cjdscratch
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Slyne
Joined Jul 2008
175 Posts
Quote:
I like the smooth throttle stick of the Heli radio's but fly Airplanes most of the time. Can the Airplane version ratcheting throttle stick be easily changed to a smooth throttle stick on the 8FG. Or do I need to buy the Heli version?
Mine came with another ratchet pressure lever inside the box. I think it is to change over to Heli (smooth) pressure if prefferd.

May be worth looking in the box if you still have it as the small packet the lever comes in is easily missed.
grummingoose is offline Find More Posts by grummingoose
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:31 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
I like the smooth throttle stick of the Heli radio's but fly Airplanes most of the time. Can the Airplane version ratcheting throttle stick be easily changed to a smooth throttle stick on the 8FG. Or do I need to buy the Heli version?
Just get the helicopter version. You will have that nice soft throttle plus it's will work for airplanes and gliders. I had no problem what so ever and nobody wont have no trouble. Simply helicopter version is meant to use for airplanes, glider and such. Default it's setup for helicopter but thats ok.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:52 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
I've searched this thread, but can't seem to find any reference to my query...

With the Futaba 8FG, is it possible to RENAME a function to something completely unique? For example, instead of a function being called AUX1, can it be renamed to (say) CAM1 - or whatever I want?
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:59 AM
Joined Oct 2008
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post

With the Futaba 8FG, is it possible to RENAME a function to something completely unique? For example, instead of a function being called AUX1, can it be renamed to (say) CAM1 - or whatever I want?
No. As far as I'm aware you cant do this. Even on the FG12 I think you can only rename flight conditions. There are others on this forum though who know far more than me who could confirm this is the case.
ThermalBoy is offline Find More Posts by ThermalBoy
Old Feb 27, 2011, 05:06 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalBoy View Post
No. As far as I'm aware you cant do this. Even on the FG12 I think you can only rename flight conditions. There are others on this forum though who know far more than me who could confirm this is the case.
Thanks ThermalBoy. Having to label half your channels AUX1, AUX2, AUX3, AUX4 when you could in fact label them something relevant to what they actually do would be so immensely useful, yet equally, so very simple to implement that it would seem odd if it's not supported.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post

No there is no option to rename it sorry.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11