HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:15 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2010
961 Posts
Any news about a new radio release from futaba? I need a radio with a BIGGER screen, one that won't cost me my life pension like their 14mz.
Axefly is offline Find More Posts by Axefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
Because I can!
USA, NJ, Chester
Joined Apr 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
Yip and he has a knack of screwing up every thread he shows up too. I was quite partial to the their radio until I started reading his posts. Now I won;t even touch their servo's. The man is not only an aggressive salesman (the type I detect) bt he is also often wrong about competitor products. He loves to slate other brands but don't let anyone slate his. twot imo.

That coupled to the really aweful service from their local distributor makes it very easy for me to scratch Hitec right off my shopping list in future.

With JR going DMSS, Jeti not available in SA and Multiplex rare as ducks teeth, There only 2 brands I realisticaly look. Beside the Hitec looks like it came out of a lucky packet sold by a clown at the local town fair
When i first had issues with my A9 i went onto the Hitec support area and asked a bunch of questions. I was under the impression that actual tech support type people were there answering questions. I had read Mike's post and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. I found it odd though whenever i posted a question that might have an answer that looked to be a negative against Hitec, that I would never get a response. At best i would get one of those..."we have yet to hear from any customer issues with..... " or my favorite, "i have yet to see that behavior when I tested it, send it in and we will look at it for you" . In the beginning i was only looking for answers, i wasnt looking to expose them or point out how sh!tty their radio system was. It became abundantly clear to me though when i started finding proof of issues and he still would respond like a sales man. Basically never admitting there is an issue anywhere with the system, but instead greatly overstating the benefits over and over. Had I gotten some straight answers from him ever, i might not have been bothered by owning an A9, but instead he has emphatically convinced me that i can not believe a thing from Hitec and without a doubt that Futaba is indeed superior! He trolls looking for people that might not know anything about Radios and when presented with the opportunity...bam HITEC COMMERCIAL...or he will look for an innocent question like what makes the A9 better than my DX5e.....Hitec COMMERCIAL again! Now when i see a post from him, i just look at it like i do any other type of spam email claiming that my Johnson will grow 5inches by taking a miracle pill Just look and laugh
joe1l is offline Find More Posts by joe1l
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:46 PM
Slovenia (odranci)
Joined Nov 2006
139 Posts
New update 3.0 is out.

http://www.futaba-forum.net/showthre...8FG-FX-20-V3.0
skorp_jon is offline Find More Posts by skorp_jon
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:59 PM
1 OM KAR, SATNAAM
GTA , Ontario
Joined May 2004
300 Posts
Translated

German to English translation
Update T8FG / FX-20 V3.0

With prior permission of the robbe I may publish it here: With prior permission of the robbe I may publish it here:

Update V3.0 Update T8FG/FX-20 T8FG/FX-20 V3.0

IMPORTANT: IMPORTANT:
This update is only for the T8FG or FX-20 This update is only for the T8FG or FX-20
If this update on another station to have it recorded robbe Service for general reset. If this update on another station to have it recorded robbe Service for general reset.

2011.02 2011.02 V3.0 V3.0

* Extension at 12 + 2 channels expandable to 12 channels + 2
* Stick Stick Calibration Calibration
* Donor engine / gas / Butterly flight mode dependent donor engine / gas / flight mode Depending Butterly
* New model types for motor and sailing models New model types for motor and sailing models
under "MTL2" 2Q-2W-2B-4QUE 2WÖL under "MTL2" 2Q-2W-2B-4QUE 2WÖL
* The engine model type new feature variable pitch in the engine model type new feature variable pitch
* Freely definable user menu Freely definable user menu
* Menu Alerts: turn-off sounds, mixer and other sounds alarm Menu warning: turn-off sounds, mixer and other sounds alarm
* Menu servo center for swashplate Instant PowerCenter for swashplate
* Comprehensive Test Menu for swashplate Extensive test menu of swashplate
* Top menu extension to the swash plate gyroscope (for Futaba Gyro Flybarless CGY750) Gyro menu extension to the swash plate gyroscope (for Futaba Gyro Flybarless CGY750)

LOOKS GOOD can't wait until USA rel.
satnaam
1satnaam is offline Find More Posts by 1satnaam
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:21 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
When i first had issues with my A9 i went onto the Hitec support area and asked a bunch of questions. I was under the impression that actual tech support type people were there answering questions. I had read Mike's post and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. I found it odd though whenever i posted a question that might have an answer that looked to be a negative against Hitec, that I would never get a response. At best i would get one of those..."we have yet to hear from any customer issues with..... " or my favorite, "i have yet to see that behavior when I tested it, send it in and we will look at it for you" . In the beginning i was only looking for answers, i wasnt looking to expose them or point out how sh!tty their radio system was. It became abundantly clear to me though when i started finding proof of issues and he still would respond like a sales man. Basically never admitting there is an issue anywhere with the system, but instead greatly overstating the benefits over and over. Had I gotten some straight answers from him ever, i might not have been bothered by owning an A9, but instead he has emphatically convinced me that i can not believe a thing from Hitec and without a doubt that Futaba is indeed superior! He trolls looking for people that might not know anything about Radios and when presented with the opportunity...bam HITEC COMMERCIAL...or he will look for an innocent question like what makes the A9 better than my DX5e.....Hitec COMMERCIAL again! Now when i see a post from him, i just look at it like i do any other type of spam email claiming that my Johnson will grow 5inches by taking a miracle pill Just look and laugh
If he is a salesman,isnt it his job to try to sell the product he works for?Sounds like hes doing his job well.Most everyone has heard of his product.Everyone can make up their own minds after getting info on product.I do fly the A9,love it.Swapped from spectrum crap after it crashed a plane per seff the past 2 years.The 8fg futaba looks very nice too.Programming looks hard tho.But I havent had the opportunity to actually fondle one yet.As with any new product,there will be bugs..Sorry you had a bad experience with a radio you spent good money for.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:24 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Google translation of page: http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

Sounds pretty cool. I hadn't heard of some of these features yet.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:33 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
so when are these most recent updates available for the US users? Anyone knows?
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Probably tonight or tomorrow.

Doug.
DougV is online now Find More Posts by DougV
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:54 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Thanks. Did they ever released other versions in the U.S. after 2.1 before V3.0 ?
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:56 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Probably tonight or tomorrow.

Doug.
Woohoo......
rcwings is online now Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
Thanks. Did they ever released other versions in the U.S. after 2.1 before V3.0 ?
Nope.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:09 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Yeah, as far as I know the beta version wasn't even an "official" release.

Hopefully we'll get a PDF manual supplement like we did with 2.0/2.1.

When 2.0 came out, if memory serves, I think Hobbico had it up a day or two after Robbe did.

I'm guessing we'll get a nice big announcement from Hobbico pretty soon.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,204 Posts
I'm using the beta version 2.6 and is working really good.

Doug.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Dec 2008
187 Posts
Protect Model Aviation

Go to the following website to send a letter to your Senators and Congressman to tell them to protect Model Aviation. It is very simple and takes about 2 minutes.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/voice.aspx

Thanks and tell those that are not on this site.
BobAZ is offline Find More Posts by BobAZ
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:33 PM
myp
Joined Oct 2007
1,103 Posts
I would like to set up flight conditions for airplanes but the manual indicated that they are only available for gliders and helicopters. If I set up my plane as a glider, would there be any surprise in terms of functions common to both airplanes and gliders? Also, would I lose any airplane function?
myp is offline Find More Posts by myp