HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2009, 09:08 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird View Post
Hey RC Man, I did the one timer up, one down. I like it. Good idea.
I fly mine every day and itís definitely the smoothest radio I have owned.

The 8FG definitely has better eCCPM firmware than my 7C-2.4. I have one helicopter that I just changed the transmitter and now all the eCCPM interaction is gone. Before that I never liked eCCPM because of all the collective and cyclic interaction problems.

I have heard from others that all of the very high-end radios have that feature but you usually have to par over $1000 for them.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2009, 09:10 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I fly mine every day and it’s definitely the smoothest radio I have owned.

The 8FG definitely has better eCCPM firmware than my 7C-2.4. I have one helicopter that I just changed the transmitter and now all the eCCPM interaction is gone. Before that I never liked eCCPM because of all the collective and cyclic interaction problems.

I have heard from others that all of the very high-end radios have that feature but you usually have to par over $1000 for them.

Yea I really enjoy my radio too. Just baught a exi 500 to use it on also. I have a exi 450 that i use this radio and I like all the settings this thing have. I got what I paid for and I am very happy. Alot of settings and dubt i will be using all of the settings soon. And all the ch this thing have its unbelivible.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Dec 01, 2009, 10:04 AM
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
108 Posts
Guys I want to set up iMac plane and need to use conitions. Therefore, I'll need to use sailplane mode. Can I still use the five point throttle curve in sailplane mode?
tobytorkn is offline Find More Posts by tobytorkn
Old Dec 01, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytorkn View Post
Guys I want to set up iMac plane and need to use conitions. Therefore, I'll need to use sailplane mode. Can I still use the five point throttle curve in sailplane mode?
Running in the sailplane mode for an aerobatic model is not going to work for you. The flight conditions for sailplanes are task oriented and not useful for an IMAC ship.

The ability to assign various functions to single switch can be somewhat like conditions, not ideal but it works. It just takes more work to set up and do the mixing in P-mixes if needed.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2009, 10:37 AM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,253 Posts
Hi Steve,

Do you think that Futaba will have a software update soon for the 8FG to enable Conditions under "AERO mode"?

It will be nice to have.

Regards,
Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Last edited by DougV; Dec 01, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:02 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,326 Posts
Hey Doug,
You mean like an Expansion Pack for our transmitters

Seriously, if there was an advanced feature that I wanted, I'd pay for an expansion pack. Are you listening Steve
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:22 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV View Post
Hi Steve,

Do you thing that Futaba will have a software update soon for the 8FG to enable Conditions under "AERO mode"?

It will be nice to have.

Regards,
Doug.
Doug,
We passed that want to Futaba a while back. I have no idea if they plan to go in that direction with this radio or not. The good news is, that if they do, it will be a simple download.

Steve
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Skaluf; Dec 01, 2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:38 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,253 Posts
Thanks Steve,

Yes, a simple download, that is the beauty with these Radios.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:03 PM
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
108 Posts
Steve how could you set up an iMac ship to have triple rates and expos and have enough mixes left to set up common mixed that are not pre-made mixes in the radio? I guess if I can't go the sailplane route I'll ask the airplane route. Lol. Thanks Toby. I have two friends that want this radio but need these functions to compete
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:16 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Steve how could you set up an iMac ship to have triple rates and expos and have enough mixes left to set up common mixed that are not pre-made mixes in the radio? I guess if I can't go the sailplane route I'll ask the airplane route. Lol. Thanks Toby. I have two friends that want this radio but need these functions to compete
Without knowing exactly what they want to do, I really can't say if the 8FG will do it or not. Triple rates and expo will not affect your p-mixes. I do understand the want for flight conditions, I use them too (12FG); they make life a lot simpler.

For your friends, they may want to consder the 12FG. There are some killer deals available on it right now if they take advantage of the offers available to them.

Steve
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:34 PM
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
108 Posts
Sorry for bantering back and forth Steve. But will the fg do triple rates/expos in the DR section or will it do the triple rates? I know on my 14mz I could set up triple rates in the DR section. Unfortunately we live in the boonies and we are the only guys that fly in 50-70 miles so we don't have a club of people to see new equipment. Thanks for all the answers Steve
Old Dec 01, 2009, 03:49 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for bantering back and forth Steve. But will the fg do triple rates/expos in the DR section or will it do the triple rates? I know on my 14mz I could set up triple rates in the DR section. Unfortunately we live in the boonies and we are the only guys that fly in 50-70 miles so we don't have a club of people to see new equipment. Thanks for all the answers Steve
In the DR menu you an actually set up, up to five rates/expo for Ail, Elev, Rud and throttle. You can control them with one switch or different ones. You can throw a single switch for each rate if you want (doubt you'd want to do that). You could affect all four channels with one switch if you want also. Like I mentioned earlier, kind of like flight conditions.

You might want to take a look at the manual for the radio, it will probably give you a better idea of if the 8FG will work for you.

http://www.futabarc.com/manuals/index.html

Steve
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:15 PM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
this is my primary complaint against both the 8fg and 10c radios, that they don't provide flight-mode functionality in acro programming.

so in radios threads I usually recommend that A9/SD-10G in this range, since they do support flight modes in all 3 programming modes, and have a few other handy dandy programming features.

the 12fg is also excellent, I own one, but it's a step up in cost, where the A9/SD-10G are appropriate to the task for many people and more affordable.
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Dec 01, 2009, 09:20 PM
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
108 Posts
Thanks Steve
Old Dec 01, 2009, 10:22 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,159 Posts
I'm not a wealthy fellow, just a a guy that wants most reliable system and I can buy for under $500. Is this the one?

I currently use a 9303 and I love it, but I need to switch to 2.4, and I don't want to use Spektrum.

Is the 8FG compatable with the older 2.4 receivers like the R617FS?
Joshua Wesley is online now Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley