HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
CMF
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife View Post
Hey Natomas...You still night flying at E Commerce? If so, when?
Yes, we are still flying at the South end of E. Commerce. Our newest thing is Assassin combat wings flying at night, lots of fun. Pick up some wings and join us.

Curtis
cmfsac is offline Find More Posts by cmfsac
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
parkflying

just getting into this hobby, anybody know of good park flying spots in Davis?

Started out flying soccerfields with a Hobbyzone Stratos, now just got a PZ T-28 and looking for a place to fly it safely and away from people.
hkgas is offline Find More Posts by hkgas
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Aug 2009
47 Posts
Hello Hkgas
welcome to the hobby!! Regarding Davis I could not help you out there!! I live in South Sac area so have not venture out to Davis!! We do have several area in Sac. You know i sure there lots of places around the Campus that you could fly!! I'm just not sure. If you find one. Let us know I also fly a PZ-28 I started off with Super Cub and moved onto a Trojan. I love this plane. Its Fast and can be be fun once you got the hang of it. Seeing as its a low wing plane. Hope to hear back from you. Jeff
RCGIJOE09 is offline Find More Posts by RCGIJOE09
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
thanks jeff will let you know when a find a suitable place
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgas View Post

Started out flying soccerfields with a Hobbyzone Stratos, now just got a PZ T-28 and looking for a place to fly it safely and away from people.
DQ University was a liberal arts university that was located right outside of the city of Davis. Now closed, this is a great place to come in and fly your plane. There is a huge field located at the back of the university. There is a tribe of Native Americans looking after the place, but they welcome anyone with open arms, as long as you mind your manners.
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
oh awesome I drove by that place a long time ago, will go check it out!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:23 AM
CMF
Joined Feb 2011
32 Posts
A video of night flying with combat wings in Natomas.

Combat Wing Night Show on Stu' Channel (7 min 50 sec)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
sacramento. ca
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfsac View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox44ap6Bemw&sns=em

That looks like a LOT of fun!!!! I've been looking at the assassin. I think I'm going to buy one of those and a reaper when I can afford. I'm over in Orangevale. I've seen somebody flying some sort of wing in the school/park right next to my place where I've been flying my dw yak foamie but I had the garage open and a bike torn apart and couldn't get over there to see who it was and say hi.
MikeontheBike is offline Find More Posts by MikeontheBike
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jun 2010
513 Posts
not parkflying, but very Sac-Town!

Sunset over Tower Bridge (3 min 20 sec)
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:52 PM
CMF
Joined Feb 2011
32 Posts
I recommend the Assassin, we found them to be very durable. Mine has been nosed in at full speed several times and is still going (some minor repairs here and there). One of our pilots also lives in Orangevale, may have been him. Come join us some time, nice group of guys with lots of laughs.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,515 Posts
Awesome choice of music Squishy, and that gimbal is looking great!

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:55 PM
sacramento. ca
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
I recommend the Assassin, we found them to be very durable. Mine has been nosed in at full speed several times and is still going (some minor repairs here and there). One of our pilots also lives in Orangevale, may have been him. Come join us some time, nice group of guys with lots of laughs.
Probably was him. The Assassin is on my radar AND a replacement dw because the other day I had a top of tree landing and I knew the rain was coming. I had to beat it out of the tree with couple pool extension poles to save my electronics at least. Just got back into flying this year after flying nitros for about 7 years growing up. When I get some planes going again I am down to come out.
MikeontheBike is offline Find More Posts by MikeontheBike
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgas View Post

Mace Ranch park is ok if there's no-one around, but it gets busy at weekends with soccer.

Harper Jr High on E Covell has a large field and running track behind the school that is quiet in the evenings and sometimes at the weekend. Not sure if you're supposed to be there but no-one's ever asked me to leave. You often get people over there jogging round the track in the evenings etc. Plenty of grass, basketball courts, and can use the running track as a runway if no-ones running (obviously)
khooke is offline Find More Posts by khooke
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011 View Post
Now closed, this is a great place to come in and fly your plane. There is a huge field located at the back of the university.
Good to know, might come and check it out sometime. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
you guys are insane! looks a lot of fun though!