Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:02 AM
I wanna fly like this
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2011
171 Posts
pb09;
I'll try to make it Tues. Trying to get Mom settled into respite care. Went out to Grant Line to maiden my scratch built, but didn't like the variable wind for an untested wing.
(around 6:00 or so.)
Granite Park is closed for renovation.
I checked out Bartholomew sports park (38.391657,-121.424439), looks like a good place as long as there's no sports play. Flew the UM T28 behind the Gottschalk's on Butano Dr. Lots of empty parking area. Also lots of plane magnets (light standards). Nice to be able to fly when I get that "Looks like a good spot" thing going on. I keep the micros in the car most of the time.
Happy flying.
HighLife is offline Find More Posts by HighLife
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:26 PM
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2010
160 Posts
HighLife, nice to meet you today over there on C Street! Crazy timing as I had JUST landed my KESL wing. Tight spot for most planes, especially yours with the landing gear. I'll have to meet up with you and the rest of these locals over on Grant Line someday soon. Although I'm quickly becoming a nightflying junkie, so I might have to see the action over by Arco Arena! Hope you enjoyed some flying today after we met!
pbruce09 is offline Find More Posts by pbruce09
Old Sep 09, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellabytes View Post
If you guys are into night flying, a few pilots like to meet up on Friday and Saturday nights on the southern portion of East Commerce Way 95835 in North Natomas. The street itself runs parallel to I-5 and can easily be accessed from the Arena Blvd exit. They use the empty intersection as a runway, so make sure you've got a plane with landing gear unless you don't mind road rash on your belly lander.

(I didn't record this video, but it's the best one i've found on youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcGT995HhzQ
Hey, that's me in Natomas! It's wild here! Here's my habu at night:
Flying a rc jet at night with leds (3 min 52 sec)

come on out and fly!
MrOOSTUOO is offline Find More Posts by MrOOSTUOO
Last edited by MrOOSTUOO; Sep 09, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 08:06 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Anybody flying on Sunday? It would be good to meet up at Grant Line or somewhere else in the morning.

I plan to fly at the Grant Line Rd exit around 11 am Sunday.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:39 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
I'll be there.
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
I'll be at the airshow on Sunday at the base. That was amazing last year, so this year should be even better.
MrOOSTUOO is offline Find More Posts by MrOOSTUOO
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2010
502 Posts
what's up yall, long time no see, I've been climbing and on a trip to Europe but ready to do some flying, looks like there's new spots? Where will people be at tomorrow? Is the normal place in elk grove a bust?

Ahhh I see Grant line, that's the old spot, is anyone gonna be there? out by the outhouse? I have new $hlt to fly and maiden...

edit: Oh that's funny you guys been flying at granite park, I've flown there many times, was there last weekend, some other beginner was there as well. I use to work in the building on the top of the hill next to the park, the county offices, I use to watch the RC flying wings on my smoke breaks before I began flying myself, they were fast, anyway, I remembered those when I began flying and the park is perfect for it...nice unexpected thermals over the north side when I was there last weekend...
squishy654 is online now Find More Posts by squishy654
Last edited by squishy654; Sep 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Squishy,

Looks like that will make three of us at grant line tommorow if you come out. Anyone else?

I am still planning on 11amgoing ish, I am at the Air show today and its awesome, no F22s this weekend though, they are all grounded after a problem was discovered in the pilot's oxygen delivery system
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
Squishy,

Looks like that will make three of us at grant line tommorow if you come out. Anyone else?

I am still planning on 11amgoing ish, I am at the Air show today and its awesome, no F22s this weekend though, they are all grounded after a problem was discovered in the pilot's oxygen delivery system
Hey guys,

We will be flying, Jay and I. we'll be there around 1030AM.
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:13 AM
CMF
Joined Feb 2011
32 Posts
MR OOSTUOO,

Nice video, you should sell T-shirts. Hey, are those electric planes.
cmfsac is offline Find More Posts by cmfsac
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:04 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
I'm at the old mall
Old Sep 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Good windy flying today guys, its much funner when we get a group in the same spot like today.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2010
502 Posts
much funner, thanks guys...hopefully it won't be so windy next time...and remember you ain't trying unless you fold the wings in half...
squishy654 is online now Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
4 Posts
Im new to flying and also in the rio linda/elverta area locally been flying the 2x4 in parks and fields looking forward to meeting up with some of you! good to know there are others out here ..
E.Scheffler is offline Find More Posts by E.Scheffler
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:05 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
Hi guys, yeah kinda fun seein' all the cool planes. I'll bring my tools next time for fixes out there. Maybe less wind next time?