HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2010, 02:34 AM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Hi All!

This is my first post. I'm from EG and I've also been looking to fly here. I mostly do scratch- built foamies and fly them at local parks. I was also wondering where local folks fly because it seemed I was the only one flying at the parks. Good thing I saw these posts. I know the place you're refering to, it's the unfinished mall, right? I'm gonna check it out. I do have a T28 and Corsair but I'm afraid to fly them at the parks; I haven't been chased out yet but I believe it's just a matter of time, lol. When's the next flying sortie in the area?

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2010, 04:32 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Welcome to the Thread gent96.

I go to that spot at least once a week, usually on Sunday. This coming weekend I have to work though. I know for sure I will be there Sunday the 30th.

PS: I make it look a lot harder to land the T-28 (Or any plane with gear) on that street than it really is, I have been flying belly landers for a long time and am just re-learning landing gear.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old May 18, 2010, 11:40 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Hi Ender,

I checked out the place this afternoon to see the area. Wow! Nice, wide area. I saw two dead end roads (1 is fronting the mall with dirt road going directly to the the hill; another dead- end road about 1/4 mile to the north via W Stockton Blvd. Only obstacles are the light posts and the electric posts at the north dead end road. I returned to fly my T28 and Corsair (both 1st time for me). The wind direction was good, West to East, true to the roads' direction. When I flew there, an EG city Hall employee checked me out. He was telling me that the lights and wires are being stolen in the area. Hopefully, police will gonna catch the perps.

Thanks for the heads- up on the area! Hopefully, I can meet and fly with you..
Old May 19, 2010, 12:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
hey fishRfly - those ritewings dont come like the pictures on the website right? I mean, they just come raw foam, you have to do all the cutouts, etc?
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old May 19, 2010, 01:25 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
gent96,

Im glad you liked the spot! The dead end with the dirt road that goes to the hill is the one.

It took a long time for this thread to take off, but its paying off. Im tired of flying alone!!!

This thread will be a good place for us to plan times to meet up.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:08 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbm3 View Post
hey fishRfly - those ritewings dont come like the pictures on the website right? I mean, they just come raw foam, you have to do all the cutouts, etc?
Yes they are a bare foam kit. That is the beauty of the Ritewing. You are free to build however you see fit. There is a ton of support from other Ritewingers in the "wings forum" to help you along the way.

My 36 Lightning is a traditional build with glass and Mono while the IYF 30 is bare foam and paint. It is a real sense of accomplishment to build one of these wings. Intimidating at first but very straight forward once begun.
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old May 19, 2010, 11:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishRfly View Post
Yes they are a bare foam kit. That is the beauty of the Ritewing. You are free to build however you see fit. There is a ton of support from other Ritewingers in the "wings forum" to help you along the way.

My 36 Lightning is a traditional build with glass and Mono while the IYF 30 is bare foam and paint. It is a real sense of accomplishment to build one of these wings. Intimidating at first but very straight forward once begun.

hmmmm, im more of an "assembler" right now than "builder", lol.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:55 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Who is up for Flying at the Elk Grove location this Sunday? Around noon-ish?
Old May 29, 2010, 04:22 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Anyone going to be flying on Memorial Day???
Old May 29, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
I was just informed by the wife that I will be busy until about 3 tommorow. I am up for flying on Monday with you fishrfly.
Old May 29, 2010, 06:00 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
I make no promises, but I'm gonna try to get out there Monday. What time are you guys going?
Old May 29, 2010, 07:13 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
I usually go at 12, does that work for you guys?
Old May 29, 2010, 07:45 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Hi All!

I look forward to joining you guys at Memorial Day, barring unforseen circumstances (i.e. designated driver for shopping, crossed fingers no!).
Old May 29, 2010, 11:07 PM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
I should be able to make it out around noon. A friend of mine should be ready to maiden his new SuperFly so I'll try to drag him along as well.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:21 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Good stuff fishrfly. That will make 4, a record!