HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:33 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
LOL. The patties are all gone and Jay is out so we have no grill.. 10ish I'll be there, just wait till our visitors are all gone. BTW, will the weather be good to us tommorrow?
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:13 AM
Sacramento, Ca
Joined Feb 2003
338 Posts
It's supposed to clear up around noon, so it should e nice. Can't wait
Shoruk3n is offline Find More Posts by Shoruk3n
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:52 PM
Sacramento, Ca
Joined Feb 2003
338 Posts
I should be there around 11:30 or 12 guys, running a little late.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2009
47 Posts
Hey all it was great hanging out with everyone that showed up. Was missing my flying buddy Gent and that's okay maybe nextime. Anyway it was cool watching the Heil fly. See you all again soon
RCGIJOE09 is offline Find More Posts by RCGIJOE09
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:59 AM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGIJOE09 View Post
Hey all it was great hanging out with everyone that showed up. Was missing my flying buddy Gent and that's okay maybe nextime. Anyway it was cool watching the Heil fly. See you all again soon
Jeff,

Hey. I was there, LOL. I arrived around 1330H. I overslept that's why I got in late, LOL. I missed you and the others but I still managed to hang out with Rob and Jerry. Next time again!!!

Gent
Old Dec 01, 2010, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2010
501 Posts
ok guys, I finally found you...

Hi I'm squishy and I wanna play too...

Where do you guys meet and when are you meeting next...I wanna bring out my foam and crash it...

I currently fly in downtown sac near old town, not much room but there's a parking lot with poles to run into near the Calpers buildings...I hate it...

I am 33, I drink a lot and I have a big mouth...I fly like crap and my planes are crap...

I have a parkjet I built from rcpowers plans I have been itching to fly...you guys know you wanna watch me crash it...

I will go back and read the whole thread and find out where you guys are, but if it's not in here shoot me a pm...
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:36 PM
Sacramento, Ca
Joined Feb 2003
338 Posts
I think it's a sunday thing! As I understand it anyways. Although I know a one or two people have been out flying on saturdays.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:37 PM
Sacramento, Ca
Joined Feb 2003
338 Posts
Where do you live in sac? I live right next to CSUS and have been on the lookout for some good places close by to fly.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:53 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Squishy,

This is where we are flying, and some of us fly regularly on Sunday Mornings.

We park along in the "dead end" spaces on this strip of road, and use the road as a runway (And Heli-Pad).

The location is pretty good (Not Perfect, but hey, no memberships required) and the local police who are frequently in the area DO NOT mind us at all. One Officer had me dive bombing his squad car to see if his Radar could get the speed of it.

The "Main" road is very lightly traveled, and our planes do not really overfly it, except a little while coming around to land.

One of the only things we have to worry about out there is that we are flying pretty close to all of our own parked vehicles, but as long as we are mindful of that and careful it should never really be an issue.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
So whats the plan for this weekend guys... are we flying???

Weather don't look too good

Whats with the rain on the weekends now...
Jayshergill is offline Find More Posts by Jayshergill
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2010
501 Posts
Hey thanks guys...I'll be there...as long as it isn't raining...looks like a cool place...
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:18 AM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654 View Post
ok guys, I finally found you...

Hi I'm squishy and I wanna play too...

Where do you guys meet and when are you meeting next...I wanna bring out my foam and crash it...

I currently fly in downtown sac near old town, not much room but there's a parking lot with poles to run into near the Calpers buildings...I hate it...

I am 33, I drink a lot and I have a big mouth...I fly like crap and my planes are crap...

I have a parkjet I built from rcpowers plans I have been itching to fly...you guys know you wanna watch me crash it...

I will go back and read the whole thread and find out where you guys are, but if it's not in here shoot me a pm...
Squishy,

Welcome, welcome...feel free to join up! Feel free to crash, too! LOL! We have one light post that is notorious for grabbing planes out of the sky (ask me or Jay how you can avail of that free service, LOL ).
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:45 AM
Sacramento, Ca
Joined Feb 2003
338 Posts
There's also a fence that Gent tried picking a fight with.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:13 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
HAHAHA!

Fence: 1 Gent:0
Field:1 Gent:0
Divider:3 Gent: 0
Curb: ++++ Gent: ----
Flying at Grant with friends: PRICELESS...
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent96 View Post
HAHAHA!

Fence: 1 Gent:0
Field:1 Gent:0
Divider:3 Gent: 0
Curb: ++++ Gent: ----
Flying at Grant with friends: PRICELESS...
I believe we even call hitting the Light Pole: "Pulling a Gent" now

Weather does not look so great for tommorow.

I have thought about flying the Heli underneath HWY 50 nearby my house, it just has a big empty parking lot under it. But I figure the cops would come and get me, completely ignoring the usual groups that hang about that area...

PS: That little tree in the divider is also quite acrobatic, and I have On Board HD Camcorder footage to prove it a few pages back! (Luckily the camera was not harmed in the making of the video...)
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707