HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:56 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Yah i remember talkin R/C with you way back then too when i was into racing at hobby warehouse. looooong time ago! lol
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:21 AM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayshergill View Post
I flew my tiger trainer 40 after everybody left. I got couple of good flights.

Then I started doing some hard core rolls and loops. It was fine until I started to do full throttle dive coming straight down with rolls at the same time.
Soon as I pulled up the wings came off lol...
Plane went straight into the ground full throttle and the wings went flying quarter mile away from the crash site lol...

So I learned that the Trainers can't handle hard core maneuvers.

I think its time for a low wing trainer..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkURAzVEUrA
Jay,

What the heck happened there, bro? You must have driven the trainer so hard that the wings were recovered a quarter of a mile off. I wish the engine is still good. no matter what, you can just replace the wings and other parts there. I suggest, get the parkzone T28 as your trainer. A low wing could handle high G maneuvers better than a high wing. Besides, parts are cheaper for that. and that's life for us. Everybody crashes.

I guess everybody else enjoyed.

-Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:48 AM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
Nick we may have talked about rc but I don't remember the conversation. That was super long ago bro.

Gent,
I'm going to check the engine out. Run it on the test bench. Also go through the electronics.
I may end up building a low wing plane not sure yet which route I'm end up going. I might even get frustrated building the damn thing and go buy me electric trojan like you said.

See ill go electric I don't have problem but I would have to start from scratch because I don't have any brushless motors or own any speed controls and my servos and recievers are all big sizes too.
I do have some stuff to build nitro. Ill see

and did I mention the lipo packs I would have to buy.
Jayshergill is offline Find More Posts by Jayshergill
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Lipo packs are cheap cheap cheap though, its all about buying them from the source before another company sticks their label on them , those labels cost anywhere from $40 - $60 after all.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:46 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:
I might even get frustrated building the damn thing and go buy me electric trojan like you said.
cant lose going that route! but i still wouldnt do a full power dive and pull up with a stock one
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
I remember buying some lipos from rc country while back. They were like $60 bucks and that was for thunder power 3cell 1350mah. not even that big of MAH. I guess you have to get them from china if you want the low low price.

I still want to do the wot dive and pull up.. lol... but without the crash. I wonder which rc plane can handle that. probably like stunt plane..

Nick, Eric and Gent have you guys done that with your t-28 or corsair or any other planes? can those foam wings handle the stress on the airframe?

May be I need to get into flying wing...
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:42 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
I remember buying some lipos from rc country while back. They were like $60 bucks and that was for thunder power 3cell 1350mah. not even that big of MAH. I guess you have to get them from china if you want the low low price.

I still want to do the wot dive and pull up.. lol... but without the crash. I wonder which rc plane can handle that. probably like stunt plane..

Nick, Eric and Gent have you guys done that with your t-28 or corsair or any other planes? can those foam wings handle the stress on the airframe?

Jay,

I did WOT driving with the PZ Corsair and T28 a lot. The airframes can withstand the stress. I had the Corsair with Turnigy 3536C and the T28 with another Turingy E-drive and they both excel with high Gs s long as the props are balanced, bolts are tight and minimal to no vibrations. As well as not the driving the planes to the ground WOT, . You'll never go wrong with these planes, Jay. As what Eric had said, Lipos are cheaper now. If the ground, tree or post has to grab these foamies from the air, repair can be easy with epoxy/ CA glue. Parts are cheaper too. And you can have latitudes to mod.

I think your trainer's wings gave way because these were attached to the fuse with rubber bands; the stress might have snapped the rubber bands, LOL. With the PZ foamies, wings are attached with bolts. Here I am convincing you Jay to spend some more, LOL .

Flying wings can also be fun. I think I would try one of those, too. Just be quick with reflexes 'coz maintaining orientation can be tricky (my TREX 450 clone as example, LOL ).

BTW, who flew at Douglas this day? Gotta check the area out when I get back.

-Gent
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
586 Posts

I was there at Douglas field last Sunday
and met 3 different groups of flyer at 3 different spots.
I hung out with Richard's family most
of the time at Thornberg Street.
He flew his Slowstick and white Parkzone Cub.

Nice area for big planes with landing gears,
kind of windy due to grand wide open space :-)

And this Area is surely a property of Rancho Cordova City :-)

tomcee is offline Find More Posts by tomcee
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:

Well mine was done-in by pulling out of a fast dive to hard, folded the wing! itll handle the dive fine, but yanking full elevator at the end may be pushing your luck, lol.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
All fly now...
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Dec 2007
375 Posts
Quote:

Yes...take the Red Pill
fishRfly is offline Find More Posts by fishRfly
Old Aug 24, 2010, 06:24 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
Great suggestions guys thanks a lot. I have to see which way I want to go
I still need to practice on the landing tho lol... before I get into crazy 3D flying action.
I think I'll stick with blue pill for now FishRfly.. lol.. I don't think I'm ready for the super sonic fast wings yet....

Gent,

Me, Eric, and Nick were out there. It's pretty big place for flying and lot's of runway room but quite far of drive for us...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
586 Posts

Amazingly At Douglas, I also found a pond that
could be used for floaters too :-)
tomcee is offline Find More Posts by tomcee
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:36 AM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishRfly View Post

Yes...take the Red Pill
Jay,

Don't go to the dark side....yet, LOL! Joke! But we will have to try the rite wing sometime, when we're all be great flyers like fishRfly!

Tom,

Nice to see you here. We'll meet with you sometime at Douglas. A little far for farm boys like us but definitely worth the drive.

-Gent
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:07 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
I'll be in Yuba City Fri-Sun. Any good places to fly there??
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:32 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
There should be plenty of places there. That's a farm land. I've never flown out that way.