HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:23 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
If your going to Chase Dr anyway, might as well just use the High School and junior high lots. Plenty of room there, 3 flying sites between the two schools in case one or two are in use. I've flown there several times and have never been hassled.
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Last edited by Nickbm3; Jun 16, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:05 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
I will be at grant line tommorow (Sunday) at 1, I realize people will be busy but my dads out of town and I HAVE to maiden my new stryker!
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
I will be at grant line tommorow (Sunday) at 1, I realize people will be busy but my dads out of town and I HAVE to maiden my new stryker!
I was there from 1030H- 1130H to maiden my scratch-built foam cub. Met with Jay. Some1 was flying at the other road with a nitro or gasser heli. Nice weather, Eric. Great for flying. Good luck on your maiden...
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
Joined Jul 2003
2 Posts
I went to this place today and I like it. It's a very nice place to fly RC. I met ender707 there with his Stryker. Very nice and fast plane. I will be back there to fly my planes.
wattage flyer is offline Find More Posts by wattage flyer
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:21 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Too bad I missed you and Jay Gent96, I couldnt get out there that early.

I remember meeting a guy out there who said he flew nitro helis, I wonder if that was him? And if maybe he reads this thread and wants to speak up???

It was nice meeting yet another flyer out there today (Wattage-Flyer), and before I met him I met a nice Highway Patrol Officer who pulled up while I was flying!

Not only did he not want me to leave, he asked me to fly my Stryker straight at his patrol vehicle to see if he could get the radar to clock the speed (But the plane was too small for it).

See picture below!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:16 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
Too bad I missed you and Jay Gent96, I couldnt get out there that early.

I remember meeting a guy out there who said he flew nitro helis, I wonder if that was him? And if maybe he reads this thread and wants to speak up???

It was nice meeting yet another flyer out there today (Wattage-Flyer), and before I met him I met a nice Highway Patrol Officer who pulled up while I was flying!

Not only did he not want me to leave, he asked me to fly my Stryker straight at his patrol vehicle to see if he could get the radar to clock the speed (But the plane was too small for it).

See picture below!
LOL thats awesome! too bad the radar didnt work, curious how fast that thing is
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:43 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
I just built an Airspeed sensor from Eagletree in to a spare Stryker Nose. All it needs to run is a spare servo port, so if anyone else with a Stryker wants to use it they can just tape it on and go for a spin.

I want to use it on my next flights now that my new stryker is all trimmed out.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:15 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
the new stryker looks nice man, i like the paint job.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:56 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
hey wassup guys, I was out there earlier yesterday. I met Gent he flew his corsair it was pretty nice and his scratch built. I was going to test out my scratch built plane but Couldn't do it until later on in the evening due to faulty glow driver.

All worked out ok it flew but real slow tho lol...

I didn't bring my nitro heli out. I'll bring it next time. So when are you guys planing to be out there again?

nice new stryker Eric...
Jayshergill is offline Find More Posts by Jayshergill
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,145 Posts
Someone torched a car overnight at the unfinished development off of Douglas Rd where I've been flying my radian at lunch. Kinda creepy out there all by yourself now.
Belem is online now Find More Posts by Belem
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:13 PM
s-s-s-S-O-L-I-D!!!!!
Joined Apr 2007
174 Posts
Belem, it wasn't me. lol Creepy? I agree. Too desolate, and only one way in and out too. Better to stay safe, so I'll be flying closer to civilization.
Sinai1 is offline Find More Posts by Sinai1
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Nice Jay, you managed to fly your scratch-built. 'just came back from Tahoe; the place sure invites to fly over the lake, lol. Eric, the officer also watched me fly sometime last month. I bet his area covers our flying space at Grant. He pulled up at the road and watch me flew. I thought he'd gonna cite me but no. He just lit up a cigarette and watched. He's a good guy, I think. Looking forward to fly next on sunday. What do you think, guys? The more the merrier!!!!

Gent
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Sunday is always the best day for me, except for "1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks a year", and this weekend happens to be one of those weekends for me .
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:51 PM
KJ6RCJ
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Right. I'm with you on that one...Hoohah!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:46 PM
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
I would have been so nervous and crash my plane Eric if I saw highway patrol pull up... lol... thats cool as long as he's cool I guess...
How was tahoe Gent? I bet tahoe looked so good to fly out there. May be sometimes in the future.
ya saturday or Sunday be good for me to come out Gent. Sorry Eric will see you next time...
Jayshergill is offline Find More Posts by Jayshergill