HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2009, 10:19 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2 Posts
Discussion
240S kyosho motor trouble shooting used in Tamiya fox RC Car

I have resurrencted my tamiya fox rc car from 25 years ago and my 5 yr old has become quite the driver. I also touched virgin ground with my full hot trick fox version this week as well. I have a couple kyosho motors I'm trying to get running, one being the 240S modified motor. Does anyone have some experience with these? I just replaced the brushes (which weren't too bad), but no juice. I've tried several positions on the top of the motor, which I know is typically with these, you have to get it just right to get it to spin. Any other ideas? The inside looks pretty clean, and I recently resoldered some new wires as well. Any help would be great. I have a 240SB and a 900E working right now, really want to get the 240S going as well. Thanks.
Geoff
geoffr is offline Find More Posts by geoffr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2009, 02:55 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Hopefully the brushes are making full contact?

My only other guess is look for shorts caused by bad soldering...

Ever thought about going brushless and ditching this problem for good? Prices are so cheap now...

B
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Aug 09, 2009, 11:38 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Yeah, older brushed motors are hit and miss..

Brushless motors nowadays can improve runtime, power, and run a lot better and last longer. That means more speed for longer
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..