SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by roscoedude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:13 AM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Oct 2006
789 Posts
Here's a little eye candy of a work in progress.

HS-50.avi (0 min 41 sec)

Later,
Dean
roscoedude is offline Find More Posts by roscoedude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:16 PM
Finland
Joined Oct 2008
588 Posts
Hi there Dean!

How are you mate? Haven't heard from you in ages. Still flying/designing rc planes?

raipe
raipe is offline Find More Posts by raipe
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:16 PM
Joined Oct 2006
789 Posts
Hey Raipe,

Good to here from you buddy, I'm doing good. How's things going with you?

I haven't really been doing much, if any flying the past year, (geez, it's been that long? ) but looking forward to getting more stick time in this year. As for designing, not much going on, work had me burnt out last year so I just wasn't into it. But I have been eyeing that Scale Build-Off contest, hmm, who knows, might be a good way to shake off the cobwebs.

Later,
Dean
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:28 AM
Finland
Joined Oct 2008
588 Posts
I'm just great, thanks for asking. Been busy as heck with family and home renovation. Glad your ok. I've been the same, just a few flights last flying season, which ended up in to electrical issues and HK customer service.

Not much CAD'n either, hard to find the time really. I do always look at the contests tempted but I know I don't have the time. No there was the team entry possibility which would allow to just design... Would just be a pain to find a builder (Maybe I should build one of my designs first) Well, maybe after the endless Hurricane project

You should go for it, I know I'd like to follow along another one of your builds.

Cheers
Raipe
Old Jan 15, 2014, 05:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
789 Posts
Yeah, home renovation, that will suck up all your free time for sure, the good thing, you get to enjoy it when your done.

Why not enter the Hurricane in the contest, you made plenty of modifications to call it your own design. Plus your not that far from finishing it and there's still plenty of time til the contest ends.
If you do it, I will too.

Dean
Old Jan 16, 2014, 03:01 AM
Finland
Joined Oct 2008
588 Posts
Yeah it does. We bought an two bedroom apartment and it was in original condition (built in 1968). Of course we decided to fix everything... There's now just a few walls to be painted and some edge strips etc. to be mounted.

I guess you are right about the Hurricane and that did cross my mind. Plenty of changes to the Stahl plan. There's just two things stopping me. Time and the fact that I should be able to make usable plans for it. Even without the renovation project, I've proved to be too slow for that kind of a deadline (Just checked and it will be 5 years this feb. since I started it)

I'm all for building and really enjoy the building time I manage sneak in at times but thank goodness for ARF's cause those have kept me aloft lately.

Later
raipe
Old Jan 16, 2014, 07:37 PM
Joined Oct 2006
789 Posts
I'm with you on the ARF's, pretty much all I fly anymore, well, when I get to fly that is.
I've never been big on building like some guys, just never really had that itch, doing one every few years is enough for me, and only because I enjoy seeing my CAD work actually going from digital to reality. Oh, and the comments you get at the flying field is cool too.

Later,
Dean