HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup
Here's my exchange of e-mails with Rush documenting my attempt to get the EC-135.
Read and weep.
It would seem they need to do more research and marketing works.
Or, they need to understand better cost structure relative to capital ROI versus margin differential.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:19 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
It would seem they need to do more research and marketing works.
Or, they need to understand better cost structure relative to capital ROI versus margin differential.

Oh no, it's the return of the thread killing, deadly Business major, supply and demand virus. Everyone reboot your PC's and Apples NOW.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:54 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
What do they use for packaging? 9.5kg for 450 size is way out of line, don't you think?

BTW, I just rebooted my PC which didn't clear my mind so I went to the backyard and flew the Quad-bladed A109 just to make myself feel a bit better.

Let's hope BT has better luck in getting more pricing and other pertinent info.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:36 AM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
I did sent then an email for the quotation for Rush heli...and they also quote me around $USD610. That is crazy!

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Wow !!! And they pay us peanuts for the fuselages !! For that price you can buy 90 sized helicopter fuselages !!
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:58 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
But keep in mind, somebody will buy it (I wouldnt)
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Waigohobby.com locally in Hong Kong carries the EC135. The high price might very well be RTF setup including alum carrying case from the link below.

http://www.waigohobby.com/products/p...USH&name=EC135
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:56 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,258 Posts
Quote:
Waigohobby.com locally in Hong Kong carries the EC135. The high price might very well be RTF setup including alum carrying case from the link below.

http://www.waigohobby.com/products/p...USH&name=EC135
Yes! 100 agree !! 60% shipping cost in the aluminium box !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:42 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
What do they use for packaging? 9.5kg for 450 size is way out of line, don't you think?

BTW, I just rebooted my PC which didn't clear my mind so I went to the backyard and flew the Quad-bladed A109 just to make myself feel a bit better.

Let's hope BT has better luck in getting more pricing and other pertinent info.
BT is on the HeliArtist team so he's not likely to get any helpful info on the Rush products.

My diagnosis and prognosis - Rush EC-135 = still born or aborted - either way D.O.A.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2008
106 Posts
600 usd is that for a rtf heli ?

If it is then its a way too much. For this price you can get a t-rex with top notch electronics.....

Also the incompatibilty with 4 blades rotor head is stupid.

People who owns an ec 135 or fenestron helis are trying to have their heli looks scale so a 2 blades ec135 with a nice fenestron is lame.

I dont get why they dont sell it with a more powerfull motor to get better rpm on the rotor head

I think that they failed they product and marketing research.

Theres plenty of people waiting for a fenestron but those people have those helis already and arent willing to pay 600 usd for such heli especially if it doesnt support 4 bladed rotor heads....

The only way i d be interested in that product is if i could have my own mecanics with 4 bladed rotor head.
beaver_yeah is offline Find More Posts by beaver_yeah
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:41 PM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
@beaver
It's not a matter of "powerful motor" , it's matter of the gear ratio which doesn't support both: fan and 4 bladed head.
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:17 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
No more Rush posts from this guy. Sorry to hijack your thread Black "T". Any new developments from HeliArtist?

Cheers - Boyd
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:48 AM
Joined Sep 2008
106 Posts
Couldnt they change the gear on the tail to make the fenestron spin faster?

Since Rush made this helic with their own mecanics, how come they didnt find a solution to change the gears to make the tail spin faster?

My knowledge of mecanical stuff is limited so please dont mind my ignorance.
beaver_yeah is offline Find More Posts by beaver_yeah
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:55 AM
Joined Sep 2003
192 Posts
I tink they should up the gears on the fenestron tail instead to speed it up.
Adrianli is offline Find More Posts by Adrianli
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:03 AM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
The problem is, you can't go smaller on the pulley on the tail, the belt will snap over on tension. On the other side, you can't just increase the size of the pulley in the mechanics, since the tailtube is very narrow you the belt would scratch at the edges. Also, a wider pulley needs more room in the mechanics and it would be necessary to use a slighly longer tail belt or shorten the tailtube a little bit to make everything fit. Additionally, you would need to push the belt inside to align it with the tail tube. So overall, it's not just "changing the gear" , but reconstructing the mechanics. In this case, it would be easier to use a torque tube drive and different gears to achieve a higher rpm in the fenestron. But they would have to design it especially for the fenestron tail as well.
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax