HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2009, 08:57 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
I think sometimes they thrust out there a design thats not fully tried and true or a design that still needs to be debugged. Sometimes its best they dont even announce a product until it is user ready.

AMEN to that Ed.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:35 PM
USA, NH, Concord
Joined Oct 2004
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup
Yes I have and it is a sweet flying head. No electronic aids required here. It's a fully flapping and lead-lag design.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=Copter+X+head
Excellent information. Thank you.

Perhaps Kin can address the differences between the CopterX four-blade head and the other 450-sized four-blade head on the smartmodel.com.hk web site.

And now we have the nice looking four-blade head from rusheli.com too. Holy cow.

It's probably too early for this but can anyone sum up the differences between the heliartist and rusheli fenestron units?
nuttymango is offline Find More Posts by nuttymango
Last edited by nuttymango; Aug 09, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2009, 06:07 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttymango

It's probably too early for this but can anyone sum up the differences between the heliartist and rusheli fenestron units?

Thy are only a little beyond vapor ware at this point.
Old Aug 09, 2009, 11:17 PM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Here is a CAD drawing of the Fenestron System.

It is belt driven and has blade pitch.
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Aug 09, 2009, 11:38 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Theres been alot of ideas that hit the drawing board, Looks good but I still dont think the fanfare and hype should be made until they at least have a working prototype and able to actually produce the part. I understand about building up the hype. Lightening heli did and we see what they came out with.... I hope they dont put the part out on the market and leave it up to someone else to try to make it work right. I fenestrom tail would have to spin extremely fast while the main rotor must turn at a very much lower rate , especially with a scale head. Im sure eventually someone will get one working and produced.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:16 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium
Here is a CAD drawing of the Fenestron System.

It is belt driven and has blade pitch.
Looks scarily like the LightningHeli Paper weight.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:06 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
. I fenestrom tail would have to spin extremely fast while the main rotor must turn at a very much lower rate , especially with a scale head. Im sure eventually someone will get one working and produced.
If these things have to be really fast, I'm wondering if they'd be producing some 450 auto gears to speed it up. I having trouble seeing how the speed could be increased using the belt alone
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:53 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
If these things have to be really fast, I'm wondering if they'd be producing some 450 auto gears to speed it up. I having trouble seeing how the speed could be increased using the belt alone
You are right. New gear ratios that drive the belt is the only practical way to speed things at the tail end up.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Quote:
Looks scarily like the LightningHeli Paper weight.
The Lightning Heli system is completely different from the HeliArtist and Rush system.

Here are some photos of the LightningHeli Ducted Fan Tail Rotor:

Last edited by BlackTitanium; Aug 11, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,877 Posts
Is that a pulley after the pulley? Hey, that could speed it up nicely I'd think.

I gotta say, if someone actually makes a working version, I think I'd have to make a heli #5 (and I thought 4 was too many, lol), that would be really neat
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:52 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium
LightningHeli Ducted Fan Tail Rotor:

Suspicions confirmed. HeliArtist has released products earlier that were originally available under the LightningHeli name. Hope that's not the case again here since LightningHeli's attempt at knocking off and downsizing the Vario fenestron was a disaster.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:54 PM
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Quote:
Suspicions confirmed.
What do mean?

Who's System is this? It looks different from the Lightning Heli system that I posted? Is this the Vario? I've always seen Carbon Fiber Blades on the Vario.
Last edited by BlackTitanium; Aug 10, 2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Suspicions confirmed. HeliArtist has released products earlier that were originally available under the LightningHeli name. Hope that's not the case again here since LightningHeli's attempt at knocking off and downsizing the Vario fenestron was a disaster.
If that is the system they are now/going to produce, I do no see any "up speed" mechanical thing inside. That mean, the tail is spinning at the same speed as normal TRex450?

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Hornet
If that is the system they are now/going to produce, I do no see any "up speed" mechanical thing inside. That mean, the tail is spinning at the same speed as normal TRex450?

SH
The photos are of the Lightning Heli system.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
The photo posted on Lightning fenestron tail that has a lot of problem (See above)... I know that. It was from "Adrianli". One of my flying buddy.

That one I seen it in person...and it is really SUX. Oh! the tail shaft can't even turn properly due to the inner shaft (for controlling the pitch) is rubbing against the outer shaft.

No "up-speed" mechanical.

U can ask "Adrianli" for it.

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet