SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2009, 03:02 AM
Joined Aug 2009
7 Posts
Help!
The spinning and the grinding sounds are awful!

I just received a Micro Mosquito 4x4 as a gift today, and right out of the box it worked great. I was flying it around for a while, and ended up cracking the top rotor blade with a pretty nasty crash. This is my first rc, well... anything, really, but I've never had any trouble repairing things myself before so I went ahead and changed my rotor blades.

After I put everything back together I gave it a test flight and it was hovering alright, so I took it into a room with some more space. When I started it up again, it started to spin out of control sitting on the floor. I maxed my trim control knob and was yawing(?) against it with no success. I was trying to see if there was anything I might have shoved out of place changing the blades, and I started up the heli and this horrid grinding sound started coming from somewhere.

Does anyone have any idea what I might have done to it? Or maybe how to fix it? I would really appreciate any help I could get.
I love my little s'quito.
HotHaus is offline Find More Posts by HotHaus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2009, 03:09 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Sounds like a mechanical failure. No parts are available other than blades as far as I know. Get a Blade MCX, much better and its standard 4 channel and you can get ALL parts for it..
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Aug 07, 2009, 03:22 AM
Joined Aug 2009
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Get a Blade MCX, much better and its standard 4 channel and you can get ALL parts for it..
It looks nice, but this one was a gift. I also believe they paid less than half of what the mcx's cost.

Is there anything I can do as far as opening it up and doing any repair work that you know of?
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:18 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHaus
It looks nice, but this one was a gift. I also believe they paid less than half of what the mcx's cost.

Is there anything I can do as far as opening it up and doing any repair work that you know of?
It cost less than half because its half as good. Sorry to be the one to tell you. If your adept at taking micro stuff apart and happen to have a spare part that is needed then you may be able to fix it. Only source for spare parts is another Heli so you can see where I'm coming from on this. The Heli you have there is a toy and when it breaks, no spare parts are available. Difference between a toy and a hobby grade Heli is parts availability.

To answer your question, IMO no. However, use the google site search and you will find threads on this Heli and after doing some research which will requires lots of time reading, you may find the answer you seek....or not
Good Luck in your quest
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, it's that important.
Keller, Texas
Joined Oct 2008
440 Posts
Modfly couldn't have said it better. Sometimes it comes down to you get what you pay for, or in this case what they paid for. I had one of those mosquitos, and in all honestly it was nothing but a joke. I also reccommened a McX too if you want to give the hobby another go. It's a fun hobby to be in, and you would enjoy it. Best of luck.
xelaxor is offline Find More Posts by xelaxor
Old Aug 07, 2009, 05:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
7 Posts
Well, I was able to fix my little 4x4, and it's scootin' around better than before.

I have been seriously considering the mcx as soon as I looked it up last night. I really appreciate the suggestion. I was looking for a good one, and I think that will be my next purchase.

I am pretty set on getting the hang of this little guy though.
Old Aug 08, 2009, 02:40 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,068 Posts
Glad you got her fixed!!!!

After any mishap check to see if any gears or blades are rubbing on any of the motors. Check all of the shafts for hair or dust that may have gotten wrapped around during your mishap. Also give it some lube. Light oil for the motor shafts and light Teflon grease for the gears.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught