SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:01 PM
United States, UT, St George
Joined Jun 2009
614 Posts
Help!
cant get my esc to arm or do anything really

so i have been trying to setup a system for a new build i soldered on the connectors plug it in bind the RX then turn everything off and then back on.

motor/esc never beeps. if i push the throttle to 100% it goes into program mode. when i got back to 0 it beeps like it saved it and beeps like it armed.

but not when i push the throttle up slowly it sort of clicks then beeps and thats it. but if i push it to full it will go back into program mode. i checked motor on different esc that is identical and it works fine and i also tried different rx. there is radio contact as i can control servo's even when the motor isn't working.

i don't have any type of manual as it is a cheap ebay item but every spec on the motor and esc are identical to the grayson hobby parkjet combo with a 2212-6 motor and 30 amp esc both welgard brand. only difference are the color of shrink wrap as far as i can see.

i emailed the maker and seller for a manual and have yet to get a response from either. i have tryed trimming everything down to 0 with regular trim and sub trim. i am sure it is the esc, possibly programming issue or does this all sound like a bad esc unit
trevjonez is offline Find More Posts by trevjonez
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:04 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
If its futaba try reverseing the throttle on the transmitter.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
614 Posts
its a dx6i by spektrum so that doesn't apply.

as a side note i've been searching the web for 3 hours and read aton of varoius ideas.

i've re soldered the connections so i know they have good contact.
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:56 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Have you tried to arm it full throttle and see if it beeps then bring in back to low
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 06, 2009, 06:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
614 Posts
it beeps like my other one does when it arms. but when you give it some throttle it sort of clicks then beeps again. and if i ever put it up to full throttle it starts beeping out its programming stuff
Old Aug 06, 2009, 06:53 PM
Joined Jun 2009
614 Posts
i think im going to file this as a bad esc. i just ordered a replacement only out i guess 12 dollars so w/e.

apreciate the help but 5 hours of tinkering and experimenting hasn't fixed it so no worries