SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2009, 04:54 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Discussion
Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9.

Hitec provide two training lead accessory packs:
#58320 TRAINER CABLE (between 6 cell transmitter battery systems)
[Do Not Attempt to substitute/use a standard stereo cable as the Hitec cable plugs are cross wired]
#58321 TRAINER CABLE FULL PACKAGE (#58320 + Slave DIN + Master DIN)
- For use between a 6 cell transmitter battery system and 8 cell transmitter battery system.
(NB: All 8 cell type TX used as a Slave, must have own power supply,
i.e. a battery pack installed, refer instructions with further explanation post #42 below.)
Transmitter Trainer Cords and USB Interfaces
- (available Hobby Horse & Maxx Products if not at LHS. )

Refer to attached Instructions and those at
Hitec Trainer (Buddy) System Update - New "Stereo Plug" system and how to use.
provided when the Optic Sport was introduced Pending updated reprint, note exceptions/amendments for the Aurora:
1. Para 1. 2) There is no need to remove the module, the Aurora TX does not transmit when used in SIM or Slave [T.Pupil] mode.
2. Para 1. 3) "MAS MODE" does not appear on an Aurora "Master" TX screen.
"[Pupil Mode]" appears 2nd line top left of Aurora screen in lieu of "SLV MODE",
3. All Slave TX must have own battery and be turned on, see notes below.
4. DIY Cable - Do Not use a standard 3.5mm stereo cable in lieu of correct shape 3.2mm stereo plug.
- Reasons with picture showing difference between plug tip sizes and shapes.

5. As with any trainer cable system, Master and student should hold a loop of cable against case as a strain relief.
This to prevent loss of connectivity from stress on plugs/sockets or accidental tugs on cable.

================================================== ========
Transmitter Mode
Tx Mode 1 can Buddy / Slave Tx Mode 2 etc and vice versa.
With most TX irrespective of modes, the output goes to same receiver ports.
Problems do arise where
1. Users have selected (reassigned) other than the standard output ports on the A9
which can not be changed on the other Tx.
2. Changed the original mode on a TX themselves but not necessarily changed
over both sticks and electronic program properly.

================================================== ========

01. Trainer Set Up/Trim Function.

When setting up a trainer system, suggest instructor first fly and trim aircraft with the Master TX.
Next verify the student radio is adjusted so the Mixes, Trims and Servo Reversing are the same as the Master with all control
surfaces remaining in same position when the Trainer Switch on Master is pulled on. i.e. trimmed (flight) will remain constant.
. Dual Rates, Expo and EPA are as active in Master Aurora TX but mixes such as Elevon, V.Tail etc are not and
must also be set in the Student/Slave TX.
. Trim settings and Dual rates can be changed whilst model is in flight, by Instructor using an Aurora,
even whilst Master Switch "H" is toggled. However, if student changes trim on the slave TX during flight,
then model will react back to the master's trim setting when master's switch "H" is toggled.

02. Standard Training Mode
[Pupil/Student has full control when using their slave TX]
Whilst Master toggle switch is in down position.

a) Switch TX On.
b) Select the "Transmit - "No" on Initial Screen.
c) Select "Trainer" from the system menu, then "ACT" to enter the trainer menu.
d) Select "NULL" to activate a switch for the Trainer function.
e) Select spring loaded Switch "H" and return to Trainer set-up menu.
f) Select switch symbol lower position icon, press "On" icon lower right corner which changes "Off" to "On",
test switch changes icons on screen.
g) Return to main menu. Turn TX "Off" and "On" again, selecting Transmit "On" to commence
training in standard mode.

03. Optional Training Mode utilising "Mix"
[Pupil/Student has limited control when using their slave TX]
Whilst Master toggle switch is in down position.

a) As above, steps a, b, c, d, e returning to previous menu.
b) Screen now displays at top left "[Trainer] OFF" = switch position.
Toggle switch and observe icon changes "On" / "OFF" confirming switch is operative.
c) Screen also displays at top right [MODE : ALL]. Select "ALL" and icon changes to "STICK" and
a display of four columns appears labelled AILE, ELEV, THRO & RUDD beside
which also appears "NOR", "MIX" & "OFF".
Select "Off" for the controls Instructor does not want pupil to access until reset.
d) To limit the “rate” the student can move an individual control with the MIX feature.
Select the centre of the column to choose a “mix” between the master and slave TX.
Press the 100% Mix Rate icon and apply a 50% rate value with the up and down arrow icons.
Then when switch H is toggled, the Instructor/Master TX will still have 50% of the control capability,
even when trainer switch H is pulled.
At the same time, the students access to all the flight controls remain at a 50% rate value.
Effectively an “automatic dual rate” for the student and an “instant over-ride” for the instructor.
e) Turn TX "Off" and "On" again, selecting Transmit "On" to commence training.

04. Aurora: Pupil/Slave TX Mode
(Requires battery in the Slave TX) :
a) Plug lead "Trainer" socket on rear of Aurora TX.
(A Mono plug is used with SIM whereas a Stereo plug is used in Buddy/Trainer/Slave/Data Transfer mode)
b) Switch TX On. Do NOT touch the "Transmit - "Yes" or "No" buttons on Initial Screen,
simply wait for a few moments more and the "[MULTI - I/O]" Icon will appear below the "Hitec" logo
on right lower corner of screen.
Refer to Hitec Aurora Data Transfer Video and page 24 from manual as attached.
c) Select "[T.Pupil]" and proceed as normal to set up the type of Acro/Heli/Glider model ensuring
Servo directions/Trims etc match those of the Master TX.

05. Other Hitec Transmitter as Slave (T.Pupil) or Master TX.
. Best Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro then the Eclipse 7 and Optic 6 as having the closest range of mixes and trims for Heli etc.
Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - FAQ - Setup and Additional Programming
. Hitec Optic 6
. Optic 6 Sport 2.4 -- Refine Trainer function Recommend firmware (Ver.1.02(0) or higher is installed before use as trainer.
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

. Optic 5
. Hitec Flash 5 & 5SX - Manuals & FAQ
. Hitec Prism 7X
. Hitec Laser 4 & 6 Manual
. Hitec Lite 4 2.Ghz is a good cheap slave Tx. Presently only available when purchased with RTF Trainer, refer:
. Hitec Sky Scout RTF includes Hitec Lite 4 Tx.
. Hitec & Futaba - Pinouts & Voltage out of 6 Pin Din Plug cables, How system works and warnings.

a1) Slave (T.Pupil): Ensure "Student/Buddy" TX has a fully charged battery installed because no power
is transferred from nor to an Aurora (or other 6 cell Hitex TX e.g. Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 5 & 6 Sport).
a2) Hitec Eclipse, Optic 6, Flash 5(X), Focus, Prism 7(X) DIN plug TX as a buddy and the proper combination
of Hitec #58321/Student DIN Adaptor cable,
the RF circuit is bypassed and there is no need to remove the crystal or module.
a3) Futaba TX:
. RF circuit is not bypassed in all instances and crystal (or module if fitted) must be removed to prevent
RF creating problems for other fliers (or take relevant frequency tag/pin) when Futaba used as a slave.
. Futaba TX - reverse Throttle & Elevator channels to that set on the Hitec TX (or vice versa).
(recommend best practice, to avoid mistakes, is to remove the crystal/module from all slave/buddy TX other than another Aurora.)
a4) Select Din Plug Adaptor with the "Student" Tag and attach to a stereo plug of the main cable.
Connect cables to respective TX and turn both on.
a5) Refer section "1. Trainer Set Up/Trim Function." above and Hitec #58321 cable package instruction sheet
attached to this post and ensure servo direction/trims match Master
(no movement of servos when Aurora switch "H" is toggled.)
a6) Optic Sport - refer attached instruction sheet.

b1) Master: Select Din Plug Adaptor with the "Master" Tag and attach to a stereo plug of the main cable.
Connect cables to respective TX and turn them both on.
Check TX is set to PPM. (QPCM/PCM does not buddy with Aurora, also refer link 3 below)
b2) Refer section "4. Aurora: Pupil/Slave TX Mode" above, selecting [T.Pupil] mode and set-up the Aurora
to match the settings of the Master TX.

06. Trainer Channels - Selectable Assignment & RSSI Information- Under development
20Dec10 "No, not yet (available) - Mike"
12Mar11 Aurora 9 - Trainer - Selective all 9Ch Pass-Through & RSSI Information
On wish list. If and When implementation is confirmed will be promptly advised.

07. Futaba Mini Square Plug:.
Mini Square Adaptor. Typical of several that can be used with Futaba Mini Square Plug as student.
. DIY adapters, refer posts #13 & #15 below.
. Futaba TX best used for basic Acro only as the mixes, cyclic and trims vary to much for Heli.
. Futaba Buddy Box FUTM4376 with other brand computerised Tx.

08. Aurora 9 as Master with JR/Spektrum = Negative.
Despite being able to select 6 different user modes, the output to receiver remains in the same channel order
which is different to some other brands.
Also, without an adapter, Hitec PPM is 5v DC whereas JR/Spektrum is AC coupled at +/- battery level.
After market in line adapters are available but with limitations as to master/slave, channel numbers and mixing ability.
. Receiver - Channel Assignments, which to use as determined by different brands of TX
Aurora 9 can be used as a slave with JR/Spectrum basic Acro as shown in video DX6i Master Aurora 9 Slave.
Use the JR/Spektrum Mono trainer cable lead (A9 is used same as with Simulator) to reduce battery drain and extraneous Rf.

09. Hitec TX as Master with Flysky 9 (aka Turnigy TGY 9X, Eurgle 9 & Imax 9X) as Slave only
How to with Wiring Diagram

10. Hitec as Master < Multiplex as Slave.
Schematic attached.

11. Hitec Tx <> Tactic (Anylink) Transmitters
. Tactic is a very basic entry-level brand distributed by Hobbico.
This has a unique wireless buddy box system which will only work between two Tactic transmitters.

12. Transfer Model File A9<>A9<>PC .
It is not possible to transfer models between an A9 and an A9X due to their different internal systems.
. Insert cable, switch TX On. Do NOT touch the "Transmit - "Yes" or "No" buttons on Initial Screen,
simply wait for a few moments more and the "[MULTI - I/O]" Icon will appear below the "Hitec" logo on
right lower corner of screen. Select [Data Tran]
. Hitec Aurora Data Transfer - Video & Manual page 24, copy attached.
. Model data is transferred to a PC as individual ".set" files.
. User is not permitted to open ".set" files and fiddle with the data.
This so no compromised data, which could lead to serious accidents or bricking the A9,
is transferred back to A9.
Problem? - Ensure none of the following have been used in the Model Name: \ / : * ? " < > |
This as Windows does not recognise those characters for file names and file will not transfer to your PC.
more under
. HPP-22 - How To Install & Use Instruction. .
. Aurora A9 - Data Transfer to and from PC or Laptop - OnLine & Offline with Screenshots.

Hints:
1. Either Standard or Promo AFHSS 2.4Ghz modules can be swapped between Teacher/Student TX to avoid need for re-linking.
(Aurora, Eclipse, Optic 6, Prism 7X and Futaba as listed)
2. Aurora A9 - Transfer Model Memory from Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Flash 4&5 and others
3. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box compatibility & battery requirements
4. Hitec Trainer (Buddy) System Update - New "Stereo Plug" system and how to use
5. Buddy (Trainer) Box not working with Berg PPL, IPD and similar TX Signal Recognition Receivers.
(insert link no longer valid, refer attached IPD Rx - FAQ)

Further information on Training systems under sub Section
"Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan Tong.

[Right click RCG attachments and select "open in new window".
Button bottom right of IE screen (or _+icons Firefox Toolbar) enables viewing size increase upto 400% for easier reading.]
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; May 03, 2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Add MPX jpg
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2009, 01:13 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
So, does the trainer function utilize the trim settings, mixes, endpoints, etc from the instructure radio (Aurora)?
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Aug 05, 2009, 05:09 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR
So, does the trainer function utilize the trim settings, mixes, endpoints, etc from the instructure radio (Aurora)?
Good pick up. Relative section 1., omitted during copy and paste from my notes during own testing of the Aurora, has been added to original post.
Thank you
Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Aug 06, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2010, 07:25 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Hi Allan et al.

I'm trying to make a trainer cable to go between an Aurora and Eclipse with the Aurora as master. I trying to make 100% certain that I understand everything so far and was hoping for your confirmation in particular with the meaning of cross wired tip to ring stereo cable.

My understanding so far on what this cable looks like.
From the 6 pin DIN (Eclipse as slave unit):
pins 4 and 5 are joined to prevent the eclipse transmitting (Eclipse is slave)
pin 2 is the PPM signal and goes to the ring of the stereo plug. This is the middle of the three connections (right?)
pin 4 is the ground and is connected to tip of the stereo plug (?)

I'm sorry if the instructions were clear, I just want to make sure I don't fry the transmitter. They are few and far between and aren't cheap in NZ.

Chris
MrCDM is offline Find More Posts by MrCDM
Old Jan 02, 2010, 08:25 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCDM View Post
Hi Allan et al. I'm trying to make a trainer cable to go between an Aurora and Eclipse with the Aurora as master. I trying to make 100% certain that I understand everything so far and was hoping for your confirmation in particular with the meaning of cross wired tip to ring stereo cable. My understanding so far on what this cable looks like.
From the 6 pin DIN (Eclipse as slave unit): pins 4 and 5 are joined to prevent the eclipse transmitting (Eclipse is slave) pin 2 is the PPM signal and goes to the ring of the stereo plug. This is the middle of the three connections (right?)
pin 4 is the ground and is connected to tip of the stereo plug (?) I'm sorry if the instructions were clear, I just want to make sure I don't fry the transmitter. They are few and far between and aren't cheap in NZ. Chris
"They are few and far between and aren't cheap in NZ"
With respect, the full package #58321 is readily available via all leading retailers in NZ and many known to be in stock close to you at www.acehobby.co.nz . NZ$25.90 including GST is actually not much more than buying the individual parts ex Jaycar and is same price as the old standard cable ex USA without the added P&P.
Apart from complete information already provided above and associated threads, unable to confirm DIY assemblies online.
regards
Alan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeker78 View Post
Alan, I just need to confirm
If I want to make the trainer cord between a optic 6 (master) and a aurora 9 (slave) I will only need to connections correct?
Tip or a regular stereo cable to din pin 3 and shield to shield, please confirm this. Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
I get nervous when DIN pin numbers only are mentioned as some read from wrong side of plug
(3 being center top can never be confused-right?).
Please refer to my attached diagram.
NB: Disclaimer, as with all such diagrams supplied:
Diagram supplied is used at readers own risk risk and liablility as have no control over readers interpretation, materials used & resistance thereof, nor workmanship.
Strongly recommend use of the purpose built cables as detailed under:
. Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9<>PC.

Following might also assist with other TX, as they are presented in a club situation:
. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box compatibility & battery requirements - in particular posts #3, #5 & #7

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
Last edited by A.T.; Dec 25, 2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: add recent quote & jpg.
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:26 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Thanks Allan. I haven't found all the shops here yet - still new to Auckland.

I bought my current simulator cable in Canberra, Oz for close to $70NZ so wanted a cheaper method to connect the Aurora and Eclipse. I'll give ace a call and see what I can muster.

Chris
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:29 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Finally received my Aurora. I contacted Maxx Products about the Trainer cable and they said:

"Yes, we do have this item in stock and our part number is HSA58321 and the price is 7.99. It is NOT a complete trainer cord. It is an adapter cord. You plug it to the old DIN type trainer cord so you can connect between an Aurora 9 and an Eclipse. "

Why the discrepancy in part number or what's included? Can you help clarify for me?

I do have an old style trainer cord for Hitec/futaba to Hitec/Futaba. Can I use the adapter he is referring to? This cable does not require the student box to be powered on, in fact I don't even have a battery or crystal for the old 4 channel radio that I used.

Bottom line I need to connect the Eclipse to my Aurora. Is this cabling flexible as to which radio is the master? Just having a change of thought in that it may be easier for the student to fly with the Aurora.

Thanks!
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Last edited by JoeR; Apr 11, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:52 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
Finally received my Aurora. I contacted Maxx Products about the Trainer cable and they said: "Yes, we do have this item in stock and our part number is HSA58321 and the price is 7.99. It is NOT a complete trainer cord. It is an adapter cord. You plug it to the old DIN type trainer cord so you can connect between an Aurora 9 and an Eclipse. "
Why the discrepancy in part number or what's included? Can you help clarify for me? I do have an old style trainer cord for Hitec/futaba to Hitec/Futaba. Can I use the adapter he is referring to? This cable does not require the student box to be powered on, in fact I don't even have a battery or crystal for the old 4 channel radio that I used. Bottom line I need to connect the Eclipse to my Aurora. Is this cabling flexible as to which radio is the master? Just having a change of thought in that it may be easier for the student to fly with the Aurora. Thanks!
Aurora A9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up
1. Adapter quoted has a slightly different number and may be their own aftermarket adapter as a Hitec #58321 ex factory is a complete package with a non standard stereo lead (tips crossed over) and two separate adapters, being one for a Master and one for a Slave TX, as pictured above link.
2. A computerised slave TX such as an Eclipse, must have own power source (battery) as no power is transferred from the Aurora which uses a different voltage, refer:
. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box Compatibility & Battery requirements.

. Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: update an url.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:38 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Aurora ro Eclispe connection

Hi JoeR

Just in case you aren't aware, whichever transmitter is the master is the transmitting one. So I'm assuming you have an Aurora with a 2.4G module and a plane (some toy) with a 2.4G receiver. Unless you have the spectra module in your Eclipse you won't be able to use your 2.4G receiver in your toy. Does this make sense? Same goes if you have a 72Mhz receiver . . you'll need the correct module in the Aurora.

Forgive me if I misunderstand your intentions.

Chris. PS. I use my Eclipse and Aurora in the same way but Aurora as master for the 2.4G systems. For the Eclipse to be master, you have to have the correctly configured master din plug connected to it. Also, you;r very lucky they are so cheap where you are. Here, the cable costs me around $50.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:42 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCDM View Post
Hi JoeR Just in case you aren't aware, whichever transmitter is the master is the transmitting one. So I'm assuming you have an Aurora with a 2.4G module and a plane (some toy) with a 2.4G receiver. Unless you have the spectra module in your Eclipse you won't be able to use your 2.4G receiver in your toy. Does this make sense? Same goes if you have a 72Mhz receiver . . you'll need the correct module in the Aurora.
Forgive me if I misunderstand your intentions.
Chris. PS. I use my Eclipse and Aurora in the same way but Aurora as master for the 2.4G systems. For the Eclipse to be master, you have to have the correctly configured master din plug connected to it. Also, you;r very lucky they are so cheap where you are. Here, the cable costs me around $50.
First point is good, but with respect Chris, I believe you may have miscalculated the cost/exchange rate. This because the most expensive Hitec #56321 Trainer Cable (Complete set) found advertised in NZ past 36 months (also used with Optic Sport) is NZ$25.90 which less NZ$2.90 GST = NZ$23.00 @ $0.715 = US$16.45 as in USA adverts do not show the tax content.
Regards
Alan T.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:17 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Hi Allan. You are right. The expensive cable was the trainer set for the Eclipse I bought over in OZ (on my previous posts). I did get the full set from your shop for about $30 after you recommended it ;-)

I was hoping to be able to chat with you when I got there but you were away for the day.

My apologies folks.
Old Oct 01, 2010, 03:22 AM
Bucharest Romania
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
What do i need to connect a futaba t4ex in 35 mhz and hitec aurora 2 in trainer mode , i have the futaba mini pin cable for trainer but i don`t know what to buy for the aurora 9 .

Is it possible to link them , and what kind of cable i need for the aurora 9
alexei14 is offline Find More Posts by alexei14
Old Oct 01, 2010, 03:52 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora 9 as Master & Futaba (Mini Square Plug) as Slave (Student)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei14 View Post
What do i need to connect a futaba t4ex in 35 mhz and hitec aurora 2 in trainer mode , i have the futaba mini pin cable for trainer but i don`t know what to buy for the aurora 9 .
Is it possible to link them , and what kind of cable i need for the aurora 9
Aurora cable and Futaba mini plug adaptor are detailed in post #1 above...
If you wish to use an existing Futaba mini square plug type cable, user would need to be cut off one end
and fit a 3.2mm stereo socket or best wiring direct to end of the Aurora cable, connecting as per attached .jpg
. Real Flight DIN<>Mini Square Adapter has been confirmed to be a direct fit.
[multiple adapters may cause impaired signal]
. length (resistance) does make a difference as signal between the two transmitters can get to low so as to cause problems or not register.
The Cable plus any adapters should not exceed 2.85m, max 3.0m especially if the slave is a 4 or 6 cell battery type 2.4GHz Futaba TX, as also attached.

. Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

. Futaba (Mini Square Plug) as Master & Aurora 9 as Slave (Student) DIY cable, see post #15 below.

Alan T.

[Right click RCG attachments and open in new window.
Button bottom right of IE screen (or _+icons Firefox Toolbar) enables viewing size increase upto 400% for easier reading.]
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: update url
Old Oct 01, 2010, 04:00 AM
Bucharest Romania
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Aurora cable and Futaba mini plug adaptor are detailed in post #1 above...
If you wish to use an existing Futaba mini square plug type cable, user would need to be cut off one mini square plug and fit a 3.3mm stereo socket connecting as per attached .jpg

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Thanks for the answer , i forgot to mention that i would like to use the futaba t4ex the main radio and the aurora the student radio because the plane that i will use has an old 35mhz receiver in it and it will probably crash because it`s a teaching plane so i don`t want to risk the optima 9 receiver
alexei14 is offline Find More Posts by alexei14
Old Oct 01, 2010, 06:31 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Futaba (Mini Square Plug) as Master & Aurora 9 as Slave (Student)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei14 View Post
Thanks for the answer , i forgot to mention that i would like to use the futaba t4ex the main radio and the aurora the student radio because the plane that i will use has an old 35mhz receiver in it and it will probably crash because it`s a teaching plane so i don`t want to risk the optima 9 receiver
In theory Futaba with mini square plug as Master is as attached.
NB:
1. No time to assemble and test tonight, DIY and use at own risk and liability.
Futaba TX must be set to PPM (PCM will not work)
2. For those with 2.4Ghz 4EX & 6EX, a note from Futaba manual:
"Never connect the T6EX-2.4GHz trainer system with Futaba radios that have the large round "DIN" connector type as it will cause your T6EX-2.4GHz to malfunction." should not apply as there is no power connection in this lead, but again I have not tested this lead myself.
3. Care: Futaba TX throttle is reverse to all other brands. Suggest reverse setting on Futaba TX before trying link, especially with EP models. Futaba TX should only be used as a slave for simple models as they can not match all Hitec Heli, mix and trim settings.

Regards
Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Oct 23, 2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: add title