HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:27 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
113 Posts
Discussion
e-flite sukhoi su-26, extra 260 ,or mini funtana x

Which is the best for aerobatics and 3d?
mustangwkc is offline Find More Posts by mustangwkc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:32 PM
Guerilla Huck Power..activate!
Round Rock, TX
Joined May 2004
2,052 Posts
Is "None of the above" an answer??

Check out 3DHobbyshop, Extreme Flight, or Precision Aerobatics if you are looking for the best 3d / aerobatic planes.
smelyal8r is offline Find More Posts by smelyal8r
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:34 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelyal8r
Is "None of the above" an answer??

Check out 3DHobbyshop, Extreme Flight, or Precision Aerobatics if you are looking for a good 3d / aerobatic plane.
well thing is i am a poor college boy and i have all the electronics from my extra and its been a great flier but it is worn out and im looking to get a ne airframe, perhaps if my e-flite park 480 will fit
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:36 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwkc
Which is the best for aerobatics and 3d?
Eflite 260.

forget the 3dhs propaganda...
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:36 PM
Round Rock, TX
Joined May 2004
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwkc
well thing is i am a poor college boy and i have all the electronics from my extra and its been a great flier but it is worn out and im looking to get a ne airframe, perhaps if my e-flite park 480 will fit
Your gear will fit in one of the planes from the manufacturers listed. If money really is an issue, look at DW foamies. A good cheap alternative, that fly really well, and can survive much more abuse!
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:51 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,934 Posts
Yeah, give a DW Foamies 48" kit a go. Heck, buy the DW Foamies Extra 330l 48". THICK 9mm foam, and a really floaty airframe combined with tabbed ailerons make it an awesome 3D performer. OR go sport/pattern with it using the non tabbed wing set

Currently, I haven't flown a better foamie, let alone a better plane (i have yet to try the precision wing on my extra, so can't vouch a whole lot).
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:58 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Edit: Because you are a poor college kid.....Did not know you had a park 480 and guts from that size plane.

based on the above I like the idea of the larger BAF which would give the bigger plane feel and not be a constant drain into HH's coffers as pieces break.
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Last edited by wedgewing; Aug 04, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:05 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,682 Posts
with a park 480 for good 3d

3dhs 40" edge
3dhs 42" slick
PA Addiction
Eflite extra 260
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:26 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
113 Posts
thanks for all the feedback i will definately take a look each of the posted aircraft
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:40 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing
Edit: Because you are a poor college kid.....Did not know you had a park 480 and guts from that size plane.

based on the above I like the idea of the larger BAF which would give the bigger plane feel and not be a constant drain into HH's coffers as pieces break.

you edited your post!

I'm not suggesting anything he didn't ask for, there are already MORE than enough people here just waiting for an opportunity to pounce and shove "something" down your throat... Owned a 260 480, tried a mfx, didn't have a chance to try the SU yet but it doesn't look like a very promising 3D plane.

FWIW the 40" 3Dhs edge is a lot of things, but a 3D plane is not one of them, especially not with the recomended setup.
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:49 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,682 Posts
got to love america---where everyone is entitled to thier opinion..
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:54 PM
Team 3DHS, Hacker, Gens Ace
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Nov 2007
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
FWIW the 40" 3Dhs edge is a lot of things, but a 3D plane is not one of them, especially not with the recomended setup.
Like a lot of things, it may not work for eveyone but it worked for me and it did it w/recommended setup.
ipsmotors is offline Find More Posts by ipsmotors
Old Aug 04, 2009, 02:05 PM
Round Rock, TX
Joined May 2004
2,052 Posts
Mustang, my best advice would be to go read as much as you can on the 3D forums. You can become an expert on 3D electric planes over a weekend. Tons of good information here.
Old Aug 04, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
you edited your post!

I'm not suggesting anything he didn't ask for, there are already MORE than enough people here just waiting for an opportunity to pounce and shove "something" down your throat... Owned a 260 480, tried a mfx, didn't have a chance to try the SU yet but it doesn't look like a very promising 3D plane.

You are correct. i edited my post. I had replied asking why you might not have recommended the PA 260 as you did to me when I was flying the E Flite 260 480 3D. I then thought to myself, maybe you were trying to stay on track to the 3 planes asked about.

I then saw the OP update that he had a park 480 and that would have eliminated the PA260 as an option so I pulled that section.

I was worried that If I told the kid to consider the 42 Slick (I didn't say 40" Edge ) you would wave me off as a propaganda-recommender

Seeing the guy is a strapped college dude, i looked for something he could rest a beer on, fix easily if broken (flying or obnoxious drunk buddies throwing down a dorm hallway), and most importantly move his gear into.

If I looked at the money I pissed away on HH, it was a good experience, but you would also agree the the DW Foamie BAF 48 (Juka or other) would be a nice resting place for his coin.

sorry if you felt that I hung the 3DHS Propaganda tag as your only contribution to the thread.

those were my edits. I was hoping that when you had now surfaced, you would take the stand and not guide him to either of them, and point him to the foamie

Wedge
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Aug 04, 2009, 02:14 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
The foamy's not a terrible idea, but frankly a 480 on a juka is cutting it so damn close it's not funny... DW recommends something a bit bigger and truthfully they hit the nail right on the head.

I have a scorpion park 480 equivalent in mine but I had to go with a 12x6 GWS HD prop, ommit landing gear and run light packs, it WORKS.... barely, so much so that a bit of a cool down between pack changes is a good idea. the 48" would be better off with the power system from a PA 260, as it were, but we want to reuse his existing stuff.

If it were me, 260 480 all over again... Though I did read good things about the 42" slick, only Mus said looks were important