SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2009, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3 Posts
Discussion
Best Battery Connector?

Hello, just wondering, as the title says what is the best battery connector? Deans? Traxxas? Or is there really a difference? Thanks guys =).
Mach Nine is offline Find More Posts by Mach Nine
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2009, 09:28 PM
Philadelphia Pa
Joined Jun 2007
128 Posts
from everything i've read deans are better because they have a more secure conection and won't jiggle like the traxxas ones, just my opinion though... take it for what it's worth haha
hockeyhead019 is offline Find More Posts by hockeyhead019
Old Aug 03, 2009, 10:28 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3 Posts
Haha ok, thank you =).
Mach Nine is offline Find More Posts by Mach Nine
Old Aug 03, 2009, 10:44 PM
Calvert County, MD
Joined Jun 2008
139 Posts
Deans and Traxxas connectors are pretty much the same performance wise. They both have the same resistance as the same length of 12 ga. wire, if I remember right. I use the Traxxas connectors because there is more there to get a grip on when you pull them apart or put them together. I have 7 R/Cs along with their batteries with Traxxas connectors, and I haven't found one yet that "jiggles". The only thing I don't like about the Traxxas connectors is the way you have to assemble them, I swear one of these days I am going to run a screwdriver into my hand or something trying to snap the contacts into the housing.
rusty stampede is offline Find More Posts by rusty stampede
Old Aug 03, 2009, 10:54 PM
Joined Aug 2008
280 Posts
Ive read that the dean's are better then the traxxas... but really are those few mohms going to make that much of a difference? I dont think so.

Personally I like traxxas connectors better becasue they are easier to grip to take apart and put together and I find a lot easier to solder wires to. If you need something that can handle more current then your probably going to need something better then deans anyway.
Bun-Bun is offline Find More Posts by Bun-Bun
Old Aug 03, 2009, 11:05 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Deans. Guys in the high performance planes have been pushing Deans over 200A for years now. I find I don't have as big of a problem pulling Deans apart as most people? I dunno. Try a little graphite on the plates if they're that bad.
I've had a Traxxas come apart on me.
But really, Deans. Tried and true.
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:14 AM
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2008
614 Posts
i like trassas easier to assemble and take apart.
E-maxxman is offline Find More Posts by E-maxxman
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:50 AM
Whistling Death
WA,USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,544 Posts
Deans Ultra all the waaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!
RC4ZEKE is offline Find More Posts by RC4ZEKE
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:58 AM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
I actually had a little trouble soldering the Traxxas connectors well...and eventually one of those joints came loose while my VXL Rusty was flipping at 40+mph. Re-soldered and it seems ok...
Old Aug 04, 2009, 07:39 AM
Philadelphia Pa
Joined Jun 2007
128 Posts
ooopps sorry was thinking of tamiya connectors haha so yea just read everybody else's opinions on the traxxas ones but i still go with the deans
hockeyhead019 is offline Find More Posts by hockeyhead019
Old Aug 04, 2009, 06:55 PM
Joined Feb 2007
149 Posts
I like Anderson PowerPoles. Frankly, after working with deans I really think they're in third place, behind the Traxxas. With the PP and Traxxas, they're is much less risk of shorting out because the wire is covered with more than thin shink wrap. PP don't require soldering and from what I've seen, the TRX are easier to solder than deans.
Cheap Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cheap Guy
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:34 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
alot of the EDF guys using 12S and high amp setups have been switching to 6mm bullets, and covering each with a peice of heat shrink....
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Aug 05, 2009, 04:56 PM
Joined Jul 2009
24 Posts
Deans are excellent connectors, I'm in the process of changing connectors on my trucks for Deans.
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...WSD1300&cat=48
khudzik is offline Find More Posts by khudzik
Old Aug 07, 2009, 11:27 AM
Joined Jun 2007
287 Posts
I'm not the best at soldering in the world but I've done more than what the average Joe has. Deans are a total PITA to solder while Traxxas are easy. The main thing to remember with the Traxxas is that there is a line etched onto the contacts and you ca't get any solder on or beyond that line or they will not lock into the housing. You also need to take a screwdriver and push them down in further after you feel them lock to be sure they are seated all the way. I've been using them on my vehicles and they are awesome.
CaptainRC is offline Find More Posts by CaptainRC
Old Aug 07, 2009, 11:42 AM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Dean's are only a PITA to those who don't have a hot, clean iron. If you keep your tip tinned, Dean's are a breeze to solder.