SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:59 AM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Found a legit 4s lipo video I knew it could be done! Notice that it is still the Velineon ESC.

Traxxas 1/16 ERevo VXL Insane On 4s At HobbyTown USA (4 min 8 sec)
2sicMiniT is offline Find More Posts by 2sicMiniT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2010, 05:56 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
on page 3 post # 44 i had stated it can be run on two nimph packs 14.4 v the reason lipos are not recomended is that it has NO cut off for 4 cells but has one for three but when using nimph you dont need the cut off . on 4 cells it does get verry hot verry quick and you are taking a chance of striping a gear as the motors are way more than this truck needs
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Mar 09, 2010, 07:38 AM
Joined Jan 2008
16 Posts
Stock esc runs 4s fine in nimh mode

Add an external bec, some sort of lvc and gear correctly and you wont have any issues

Cheers
crusey is offline Find More Posts by crusey
Old Mar 09, 2010, 03:49 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
I just thought it was cool, I don't think I would consider it though. I mean, sure it does standing backflips. But I am not really the kind of person that shows off by breaking schtuff. My experience has always resulted in more replacement parts the faster I go. So in all reality, it's not gonna happen.

Plus, I spent all my R/C money this year
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:28 AM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
If it makes you feel any better suc2sic, I only had money for a stock truck. But I'm pretty happy with it now it has a decent nimh.

It sounds wise what you are saying, you have experience, and know that chasing the bits usually results in having a truck in bits.

personally, that looks fun backflips if that's what gets your inner rc-child happy but it doesn't do much for me at all. for me it's about realistic scale models doing what normal cars do.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
Old Mar 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
the truck is truly a lot of fun but with 4 cell or two nimph packs is like have a top fuel motor in 1970 pinto . sure cool to watch but not verry driveable i liked mine best with one nimph pack lots of get up and go and completly driveable .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:40 PM
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
How fast do you think the brushed 1/16 e-revo can go stock? Thanks.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2010
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c basher View Post
How fast do you think the brushed 1/16 e-revo can go stock? Thanks.

No offense, and I'm not trying to be rude with my reply.... but I'm going to give the stock answer I've seen given to that question many times.

"Fast enough, but if you've got to ask it's too fast for you."

mini-Rob is offline Find More Posts by mini-Rob
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-Rob View Post
No offense, and I'm not trying to be rude with my reply.... but I'm going to give the stock answer I've seen given to that question many times.

"Fast enough, but if you've got to ask it's too fast for you."

Are you talking about the brushless or the brushed version of the e-revo? I know the brushless can go 30+ mph on a single battery and 50+ mph on two batteries with a series connector. But I was wondering how fast the Brushed version that has the titan 380 motor goes because I havent found anyone who said how fast it is yet.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2010
251 Posts
Quote:
Are you talking about the brushless or the brushed version of the e-revo? I know the brushless can go 30+ mph on a single battery and 50+ mph on two batteries with a series connector. But I was wondering how fast the Brushed version that has the titan 380 motor goes because I havent found anyone who said how fast it is yet.
Both, either.

The brushed version is not as fast as the brushless model - 'nuff said.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:23 AM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-Rob View Post
Both, either.

The brushed version is not as fast as the brushless model - 'nuff said.
Do you have a brushed 1/16 e-revo? If so how fast do you think it goes. Im sure that if I can handle my 2wd brushless mini-t that goes 50 mph I can handle a brushed 4wd 1/16 e-revo. When you say it goes fast enough that can be mean 2 very different things.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2010
251 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a brushed 1/16 e-revo? If so how fast do you think it goes. Im sure that if I can handle my 2wd brushless mini-t that goes 50 mph I can handle a brushed 4wd 1/16 e-revo. When you say it goes fast enough that can be mean 2 very different things.
1) I've seen very few, if any, Mini-T's that could go a REAL 50mph.

2) and just because you can drive it in a straight line in an open parking lot, or up and down your street, really proves little or nothing.

3) speed is totally irrelevant - it means nothing, except to little kids.

4) if you're obsessed with top-speed and can't afford the BL version, then perhaps you should save your money (no offense)

5) again, if you have to ask "it's probably too fast for you."

~ 'nuff said
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:23 AM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Quote:
You can probably expect no more than 25-30mph with the stock brushed setup. 30mph would be a stretch indeed. Look here...

Traxxas E Revo 1/16 Brushed (1 min 35 sec)

I personally don't doubt you mini-t can go 50mph, this is a vid of me chasing my mini t in my van we got to 52mph in this vid. Was going well till the rev limiter kicked in and I almost ran it over.

Mini-T chased by MiniVAN.......52MPH (3 min 44 sec)
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Thanks Suc2sicMiniT. Your a big help unlike some people. 25 mph doesnt sound to bad for being brushed. I run my mini-t in my driveway most of the time. But the ruts and bumps push it a round alot and makes it flip.