HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2009, 02:13 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Clearly from the responses so far......... an element of pre-eminense?

Roger, did you and Olmod get to fly the straight winged berzerker bat and get it sorted out eventually? I've not heard anything as yet probably from a lack of asking. Hope it worked out well.

Yep the standard Bat can handle some loading when well built, a part of the problem with recomendations here on the forums though is that each build tends to be unique with the way they are built and subsequently handle and trimmed, each can likely be a variable quantity on the slope, its not ideal, but its the way things can go, as I'm sure you will appreciate.

steve.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Aug 05, 2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: eminations..
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2009, 10:12 AM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx
2. Remove reflex from fixed trailing edges.

How do you accomplish this? Do you carve it out? Do you need to take out some nose weight when you move the CoG back?
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Old Aug 05, 2009, 06:45 PM
Registered DSer
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption
How do you accomplish this? Do you carve it out? Do you need to take out some nose weight when you move the CoG back?
a. Using a sharp (new) blade, cut the trailing edges off in line with the hinge-point of the elevons. Keep the blabe perpendicular to the wing surface.
b. Sand the leading edge of the parts you cut off so as to remove reflex - sand lightly and check regaulrly by aligning the STE against the wing.
c. Glue trailing edges back onto wing with CA. If you're conservative, apply some strapping tape also.

I'll try to find some photos, this step should take no more than 10-2- mins.

... and yes, remove nose-weight to move CoG back. I usually take small weights (coins) to the slope, and tape them to the tail on successive test flights. When you're happy with the way it flies, leave the coins attached, measure the new CoG in the shop, then remove both the coins and nose-weights to maintain the CoG position. Job done.

Roger.
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:23 PM
Registered DSer
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,772 Posts
Here are the relevant pics from my build thread of a superfreak mod, for removing trailing edge reflex:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=12

Cheers

Roger
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:40 AM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Which side is the bottom of the wing? Is it where the servo's are?
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Last edited by norstaroption; Aug 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM.