SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I like it too. This may be a little overdone, but I like it. Here is one of the same shot with just the green. I thought it looked cool.
I like them slightly over done too... I guess it all depends on the subject. this is also a nice version, the selective coloring is a nice touch. do you have a wide lens? like 12 or 10 MM? I love to use my Sigma 10-20MM wide lens for cars up close, it gives the car a bit more interest. the only problem is alot of people dont really cre for it. They want to see things they way they are to the naked eye.. but sometimes thats not how I see it...lol
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
A photo I recently made of the new blues band Talk That Talk. The group includes alumni of John Lee Hooker's band, Big Brother And The Holding Company, and The Blues Project.

Made with an old Canon Digital Rebel w/kit lens.
very nice, the lighting in this is pretty killer, mind if I ask what you used?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Some vehicles shot in HDR using 3 images, I believe the settings were -2 Stops, 0, +2 Stops.
I used the sigma 10-20MM foe these.

[img]http://www.brokenfencephotography.com/Transportation/Things-that-Move/truck4filtered/322657845_zgjvQ-L.jpg[img]
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:18 AM
Warbird junkie
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,015 Posts
Cool shots Zacker! I really like the one of the black car.

The above shot of mine was taken with a 70-300mm. LOL. I had that lens on my camera that does bracketing and my 18-55mm on my other body. Reason being is I wanted the long lens on my better body for aircraft photos in-flight. I was at a veteran's day event at a warbird museum. They are 3 exposures like yours (-2,0,+2).

I need to invest in a wide angle lens.
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
nice... I only bought the Sigma because it was alot less than the canon plus Sigma has i think a 3 year warranty so thats a good plus. And im glad I did get it, its a great little lens, its got great Image Quality. i took these with my Canon 30D... It was pretty new at the time..lol Id love to upgrade but I have been spending all my money on tricopter parts and wood working tools and supplies...lol why are Hobbies so expensive?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
Cool shots Zacker! I really like the one of the black car.

thanks! Thats a 51 Merc, Chopped, shaved primer black with pinstriping. it was a beautiful ride. I saw it going down the street and followed him into an empty lot. he was the first one to show up for a saturday nite carshow...lol I asked if I could grab some shots and he was like yeah sure. So i did and made a composit shot of the car at an old gas station on RTE 66.
I went back the following week and gave him an 8x10, he loved it..lol

and this one of it infront of an old movie theater.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
I really need an HDR clinic. Either I haven't found a good HDR program or haven't learned to manipulate properly.

What programs are you guys using?
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,897 Posts
Photomatix http://www.hdrsoft.com/
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:34 AM
Warbird junkie
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,015 Posts
Yep, Photomatix. Photomatix is just the first tool to use for HDR. You can still get some great images from just using Photomatix. But I find a lot of the images I open in Photoshop and do more processing to. There are a lot of forums on flickr or you can probably just google tips for HDR.
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
USA, NY, New Hampton
Joined Jan 2005
696 Posts
I like Photomatix also.
nalby is online now Find More Posts by nalby
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
I use Photmatix as well, have been using it since forever. (version 1) its a great tool to have. I also the "Lucis Arts" software, its not an HDR program but it does give the photos that high contrasty, almost over sharpened cartoonish type look. then i do alot of other tweeks in photoshop depending on the photo and the outcome i am looking for.

Also, here is a short article about my workflow that I did awhile back....

http://www.zacarelli-brokenfencephot...r-editing.html
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,897 Posts
Wow...those are some awesome shots zacker. How do you like that Sigma 10-20mm? I picked up the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 before I went to Alaska and I love it. I'm so glad I did, because there were lots of shots I could not have gotten with the 17-55mm lens.

Anyhow, while were on the subject of HDR, here are some I've done in the past. I've haven't taken too many recently....so these are a little dated, and I may have posted them before.

Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Awesome
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Some great HDR's there!
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Here are a few wildlife shots from the last couple of weeks. Some elk, mulies and whitetails. All shot with my Nikon D600 and Nikkor 300mm F4 lens.

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

I took my time getting close to this Mulie Buck, slowly working my way closer in.

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

I eventually got to within 25 feet or so of him. He got so used to me that he took a little nap right in front of me.

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

A juvenile doe in the small herd

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

These last few were taken out in the plains around some juniper breaks

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

As I was slowly walking up to these two juvenile mule deer, they kept looking out to the north east. When I got a little closer, I found out what they were looking at. Two large coyotes were hidden in the grass stalking the deer. Looks like I ruined their chance at these two mulies. You can see one of the coyotes running through the grass in the center-right of this shot.

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Lastly a couple of whitetail does

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-8 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Elk-and-Mulies-from-November-9 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

That's it for now. I have a lot from the past couple of weeks, but these are some of the better ones.
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer