HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 02, 2012, 11:50 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
No I don t own such a video camera, because I am into still photography and not video, therefore the products from Red are not the right thing for the job.
None of the pictures I posted above could have been done with any video camera, for lack of definition, and precision/speed in auto-focus.

For sure gear does matter but the point is not what is bigger or most expensive, but what is right for the task.
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old May 03, 2012, 07:13 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainphoto View Post
No I don t own such a video camera, because I am into still photography and not video, therefore the products from Red are not the right thing for the job.
None of the pictures I posted above could have been done with any video camera, for lack of definition, and precision/speed in auto-focus.

For sure gear does matter but the point is not what is bigger or most expensive, but what is right for the task.
Gear? What Gear?

Okay, so you certainly don't that's all I wanted to know, a simple "NO, I DO NOT HAVE" would have been sufficient
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Hey,

Anyone has a Hasselblad Camera?

Just check out their history and new camera offerings!

It will blow your socks off!

http://www.hasselblad.com/about-hass...e-cameras.aspx

Check out this medium format Large Sensor Camera!
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...8#/84eba8f8/16
Thanks for the links! They've always been expensive, I think the new digital is about $45K. There are those who thought a golden opportunity was lost by taking pictures on the moon the way they did, because they could have more mapping, etc. instead of just taking "picture postcards."

Personally I never liked them because they didn't feel right in my hands. I liked the Mamiya 645 better, but cameras are a very personal thing.

The Hasselblad link has an interesting manual, given to the shuttle astronauts, BTW.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Last edited by dll932; May 05, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 06:21 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,124 Posts
dll932,

Thanks for your reply post. You are correct, cameras are a personal thing.

Glad you found the link interesting.

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 06:24 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Sorry, I dont feed trolls, so I did not go for that answer Life is not about OWNing stuff.

dll932 > Astronauts now shoot with Nikon gear, you can read an interesting article about the specific challenges they face here :
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/lo...in_space.shtml
Old May 06, 2012, 12:02 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,124 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I dont feed trolls, so I did not go for that answer Life is not about OWNing stuff.
Ha!!!!

Don't call yourself a Troll, just because you don't have a nice up scale camera that does not mean you need to call people names.

I don't think anyone here cares about you feeding anything but, rather bypass those posts you care not to read....oh, but, you did read "and" replied so, you are feeding!

Crack me up!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 07:46 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
294 Posts
Quote:

dll932 > Astronauts now shoot with Nikon gear, you can read an interesting article about the specific challenges they face here :
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/lo...in_space.shtml
Great shots, thank you! Nikon has long been involved in space photography.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old May 07, 2012, 09:00 AM
Warbird junkie
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,011 Posts
The sun sets over Paradise Field as another day at Top Gun comes to an end.
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Old May 07, 2012, 04:02 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,383 Posts
Sweet shots man!!
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old May 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
Warbird junkie
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Sweet shots man!!
Thank you! Here is one of my favorite shots from Top Gun this past week. This model is beautiful.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:11 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,383 Posts
Howd u get HDR on a fast object such as this? Or is it just tweaked in PS?
Old May 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
Thank you! Here is one of my favorite shots from Top Gun this past week. This model is beautiful.
The excellent picture taking and the super scale detailed model makes for the saying..."It looks like the Real Full Size Jet Aircraft!!"

Super job!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Hornetnz > multiple exact similar exposure is very unlikely due to speed

You can make HDR from a single frame though, basically you process the RAW once overexposing it, then you process it another time underexposing it. So you end up with 2 jpegs.
Then you then simply feed the two results images to your usual HRD converter, as if they where different exposures. And voila !

In fact most HDR software will let you skip the preparation and push HDR from single files.

Personnaly I find HDR not to my taste, so I do not know more than this, but if you are interested you now can dig further.

Alain
Last edited by alainphoto; May 14, 2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old May 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,383 Posts
ahh that makes perfect sense. Processing the RAW multiple times hadn't crossed my mmind!
Old May 14, 2012, 07:31 AM
Warbird junkie
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Howd u get HDR on a fast object such as this? Or is it just tweaked in PS?
This is one image processed in a program called Photomatix. And it wasn't processed multiple times. Believe it or not the original image isn't much different than the processed one. The only reason I processed this one was to bring out some of the dark areas under the plane.