Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:35 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Your orchid looks like a Georgia O'Keeffe.
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:46 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71 View Post
Your orchid looks like a Georgia O'Keeffe.
Maybe it's in the wrong thread.

Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Dec 13, 2009, 04:04 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
1,938 Posts
Very cool. I love the super detail you can get with a macro feature. Surely better than flying windows on your pc!
I went with my daughter when she had a field trip to the Mitchell Park Domes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. There are three geodesic domes that contain one arid section, one tropical and one that changes all the time to display lots of different things. They even run a huge G scale model railroad in there.

Dave

I just noticed I had already posted the white flower pic. My bad.
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Last edited by boater_dave; Dec 14, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:29 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
I just found this thread, and I have to say you guys have some great pictures. Here are some of mine taken with either my Canon SD 880 or Dad's Nikon D50
trawlerlover is offline Find More Posts by trawlerlover
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē View Post
Maybe it's in the wrong thread.

Glad someone got it.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
I dug through some year-old files that were on an external storage drive. I don't think I even looked at these more than once at the time. These are fine at screen resolutions, but even though the originals are 9mp in size, the compact point-n-shoot can't compare to the quality of the DSLR.

The first shot is of a winter sunrise over an island just off Lake Superior's north shore. Open water about half a mile out created a dense fog that reluctantly revealed the sun.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
Joined Sep 2007
408 Posts
Name that tree

Ok, i didnt take these, and they`re not great pics, but this is a beautiful flower on a not so beautiful tree. It closely resembles some orchids and is really pretty, wish i had it at higher resolution with a better camera. I have been around and seen and had these trees all my life but never saw one bloom till my sister sent me these pics. If i hadn`t seen the leaves i wouldn`t have believed this tree had a flower this pretty. No prize except merry christmas, but anyone care to guess the tree?
daddyztoyz is offline Find More Posts by daddyztoyz
Old Dec 18, 2009, 01:27 AM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Anybody here do HDR stuff? I've always thought HDR photos were cool, but I haven't the first clue how to do them, LOL.
KnifeEdge51 is offline Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:03 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeEdge51 View Post
Anybody here do HDR stuff? I've always thought HDR photos were cool, but I haven't the first clue how to do them, LOL.
Look for HDR sites to do the processing for you. Most are free. I haven't done them yet myself but a friend has. One of my driving goals to get a DSLR.

Excellent photos Karl.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:07 AM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71 View Post
DSLR
Those four letters are the problem, LOL. I'm too busy buying good glass for my long-range shooting rigs, fixing motorcycles, etc., to be able to set aside enough for a good DSLR rig. I don't think I'm good enough to really use up the full potential of the camera either (especially one that's $2k+), but I suppose it's something I'd "grow in to." I'll get one some day, but my 35mm ones will have to work for now, I think.

Keep the amazing pics coming, folks. Everybody likes the eye candy!
KnifeEdge51 is offline Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:44 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
two of mine.

te plastic ballistic thingie, thats a robbe najade, the night shot, thats Nord Icelandia on a very big very deep lake
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:01 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeEdge51 View Post
Those four letters are the problem, LOL. I'm too busy buying good glass for my long-range shooting rigs, fixing motorcycles, etc., to be able to set aside enough for a good DSLR rig. I don't think I'm good enough to really use up the full potential of the camera either (especially one that's $2k+), but I suppose it's something I'd "grow in to." I'll get one some day, but my 35mm ones will have to work for now, I think.

Keep the amazing pics coming, folks. Everybody likes the eye candy!
You don't need 2k for a decent dslr...only about $4-500 to get started. Just make sure it has the HDR fuction.I believe the Canon Rebel line is equiped..That's where I'll start.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:23 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
a couple more...
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:57 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Excellent photos guys.

Here is one of an Air Tractor 802, and one of the Canadian Air Force Sky Hawks.
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:33 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē View Post

The first shot is of a winter sunrise over an island just off Lake Superior's north shore. Open water about half a mile out created a dense fog that reluctantly revealed the sun.
WOW! Absolutely beautiful!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury