HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:41 PM
USA, CA, Dublin
Joined Dec 2008
36 Posts
Discussion
NEW 47.5" wingspan Hobbico Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane 5 channel

I cannot warn you guys enough, this plane is horrible. I wasted $250 on a total piece of garbage. The latch is 100 foam (how brilliant!), so the latch comes off during flight and the battery comes loose and the plane crashes. My $250 lesson can be your gain! Learn from me and DON"T BUY THIS PLANE!!

Hopefully they'll design a better one in the future.
jonathanjhl is offline Find More Posts by jonathanjhl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:56 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
Yes, this information is nothing new.

The BL version is just adequately powered, so an experienced pilot would enjoy it rather than a beginner pilot
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:45 PM View Post
jonathanjhl
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while jonathanjhl edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 01, 2009, 01:14 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
^It's not meant to do rolls

It's advertised and built as a trainer ship. A simple motor swap and it'll fly twice as good.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Aug 01, 2009, 01:22 AM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
Try reading the thread on the st version which is the same plane i cannot say enough good things about this plane except for the week front wheel and the underpowered hobbico version. But with a simple motor swap its a great plane and great looking. Never had or heard of any one having the batt come out who had it secured. I use an extra piece of foam to do this if your an exp pilot you should have realized that. Also the plane rolls fine.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945874
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:05 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1 Posts
Bad nose gear

I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right.

Any one have a good fix to this nose gear on this plane?
I have had to fix it almost every time I have flown it (ca glue,duct tape).
Replaced it once and back to ca and duct tape. The plastic knee action system is just to cheesy to hold up under anything but a perfect landing.
Thanks
Coppertop
coppertop is offline Find More Posts by coppertop