HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MPP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:25 AM
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
Danbury CT (DXR)
Joined Oct 2005
2,152 Posts
Discussion
I hate it when the Weather Channel it right. Guillows Corsair with Rotating Retracts

I have been working on a Guillows Corsair and was ready to maiden it today. I checked the weather last night and the wind looked good and a possible shower around 7AM. I figured that they are usually wrong or at least they are off by an hour or two. I woke up 7:15AM look out side and it is dry with no rain. Excellent. So I pack up, open the garage door and there is a light mist. What? The weatherman are always wrong and they needed to be today. Well maybe it will pass and I will go to the field anyway. So I head over and just as I approach it downpours. Now if this was a drive up to the ski area for a powder day it would have been sunny with not a cloud in the sky. Oh well at least we know the weather will change here in New England. I should have figured that with all the rain we have had the Weatherman was bound to be right.

We were just on vacation and the local grass airport has my favorite weather station. The Weather Rock. It is so simple and smart as it does not prognosticate any weather changes. Any way maybe it will clear later today and the winds will be favorable for my maiden of my Corsair. However as I look at the rock outside my window, it is pretty wet!

Build Thread

Mark

Guillows Corsair Taxi (1 min 33 sec)
MPP is offline Find More Posts by MPP
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2009, 12:22 AM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Mark I've hardly been flying crap with the weather here in western PA. Rain or windy every day. I have planes that fly in wind, but I'm bored with them, and have about 10 that I would like to maiden, or test out on second flight, where I have made some changes. Some are planes from 17" span to 20" EDF30 jets, where wind doesn't work out well. Either way, I don't care for gusts with any maidens. It is getting old eh?
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Old Aug 03, 2009, 01:16 PM
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
Danbury CT (DXR)
Joined Oct 2005
2,152 Posts
I hear you WT. I have been barely flying. I even raised my flight minimums to get this bird maidened. Hopefully we will get back to the eastern no rain brown lawn dog days of August.

Talk to you later.

M
MPP is offline Find More Posts by MPP