HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:14 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
So you know this works! And trouble-free, no bugs, no glitches. You must have the first retail copy that was available then.
Always amazing to me how vapourware from some vendors, for years BTW, is OK but not from other vendors!
I must say, that I have more confidence in HiTec/Multiplex than in Jim Drew. The Multiplex electronic engineers in Germany "assisted" HiTec during developing their new 2,4 GHz-system - if that will not work right from the start (Multiplex and HiTec) that would be a disaster for them, maybe the end for selling those products at all.

By the way: Concerning vaporware = what about telemetry from XPS? Or the new 900 MHz band?

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,589 Posts
A German-Canadian arguing with a German will get nowhere. The end
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Where is Jim Drew? Isn't that remarkable, that he doesn't care, what happens in his own forum? In his better days, he would have canceled such posts like this one.

Udo
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,019 Posts
He is on the road coming back from a Electric Jet meet in Ohio. Had some trailer troubles. Suppose to back in the office on Thrusday.
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:35 PM
Joined Mar 2009
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz
I must say, that I have more confidence in HiTec/Multiplex than in Jim Drew. The Multiplex electronic engineers in Germany "assisted" HiTec during developing their new 2,4 GHz-system - if that will not work right from the start (Multiplex and HiTec) that would be a disaster for them, maybe the end for selling those products at all.

By the way: Concerning vaporware = what about telemetry from XPS? Or the new 900 MHz band?

Udo
Hope it works for you mate, straight off the shelf if they ever put one on a shelf.

already got the runs on the board here, my XPS work fine. you fan boy other product knockers are very funny! Whats it to you if XPS do a module for Aurora, you still have a choice to buy what ever you want, this right has been fought for against other so called superior engineers.

Richard
Richard65 is offline Find More Posts by Richard65
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:04 AM
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard65
Hope it works for you mate, straight off the shelf if they ever put one on a shelf.
already got the runs on the board here, my XPS work fine. you fan boy other product knockers are very funny! Whats it to you if XPS do a module for Aurora, you still have a choice to buy what ever you want, this right has been fought for against other so called superior engineers.
Richard
Cool down. If XPS works for you, it's okay. If Jim Drew produces a module fpr the Aurora 9 - it's okay.

But ----- if someone asks, whether he should stay with the HiTec-system or change over to XPS - my answer is, that he should better stay with the original system from HiTec, not only that that system will be more problem free as the XPS-system, but also for the integrated telemetry.

Udo
Last edited by udogigahertz; Sep 17, 2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:54 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Cool down. If XPS works for you, it's okay. If Jim Drew produces a module fpr the Aurora 9 - it's okay.

But ----- if someone asks, whether he should stay with the HiTec-system or change over to XPS - my answer is, that he should better stay with the original system from HiTec, not only that that system will be more problem free as the XPS-system, but also for the integrated telemetry.

Udo
How can it be more problem free than no problems? I have been flying XPS in my Evo since it was released and have had NO problems.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:16 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
Quote:

Udo
We have been selling a telemetry option since July of 2008. 900MHz is U.S./Canada only and we will be offering it this fall along with all new XtremeLink hardware.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:14 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
We have been selling a telemetry option since July of 2008. 900MHz is U.S./Canada only and we will be offering it this fall along with all new XtremeLink hardware.
I think the original poster meant to say "useful, realtime" telemetry.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:47 AM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
The reason I want to stay with XPS is: (in order of importance)
1. I have invested in XPS receivers. It would be a waste to replace them all.
2. I have used XPS since it was launched, and I experienced zero lock-out so far (lucky me!).
3. I dont really like the external wire of the Hitec module.
4. The Hitec receiver has such a long funny looking antenna. I dont know where/how to tie it on the Trex450 and other micro helis.

So I figured if Jim was to make a module for the Aurora 9, it would be so much easier for me.

The only negative point is that support for XPS stuff in my country is terrible! The agent for Hitec stuff is much more proactive, e.g. we got a shipment of pre-launch Aurora 9 before anyone else outside of Korea. That is how I know about the module.
sbc is offline Find More Posts by sbc
Last edited by sbc; Sep 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:58 AM
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
460 Posts
i have been using XPS for several years now and it works quite well for me. i have quite some investment into the design. however the reasons why i would want to move away from XPS are:

1. no receiver with a separate powerbus is available for large planes (although it has been promised for several years)
2. telemetry in the version of xps is useless (i have used the telemetry station once to see that it works)
3. no receiver for small helis or planes is available (although it has been promised for several years)
4. other systems have become cheaper then XPS
5. power supply is more vulnerable then with systems from other vendors

the only reason why i still stay is because currently i have very little time to go flying so i might as well wait until my private situation changes and see if any of the promises indeed does happen or if i am better off biting the bullet and buy myself all new components from someone else.
Franz2002_01 is offline Find More Posts by Franz2002_01
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz2002_01
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, can you elaborate?
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Prove it! ALL systems using computer technology are vunerable to power supply problems and they don't have to be on 2.4.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:12 PM
ElektroRC.com - MSH,LAHeli,YGE
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,608 Posts
Quote:
3. no receiver for small helis or planes is available (although it has been promised for several years)
You mean like the 6 ch with end pins, or by special request the 3 channel with top pins converted to 6 channel for no charge?

I have both and use them on my micro helis...
pwkpete is offline Find More Posts by pwkpete
Old Sep 20, 2009, 01:27 AM
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
460 Posts
no i do not mean this one

i have six six channel receivers and yes i have fitted one of those in a 150 size heli and no this is not what i would call a small receiver - you may want to look at what competitors sell as small receivers these days or what JD calls a small receiver in his announcements...

quote from Jim:
One Pico series (smaller than Spektrum's AR6300 Nanolite) that uses 1.5mm JST connectors. Size: .995" x .711" x .295 (25.27mm x 18.06mm x 7.50mm). Weight ~2g.

Two Nano series (smaller than Spektrum's AR6100/E Microlites) that have either top pins or end pins. Top pin version size: 1.066" x .717" x .425" (27.08mm x 18.21mm x 10.80mm), weight: ~3.5g. End pin version size: 1.189" x .717" x .432" (30.20mm x 18.21mm x 11.05mm), weight: ~3.9g.
Franz2002_01 is offline Find More Posts by Franz2002_01
Last edited by Franz2002_01; Sep 20, 2009 at 02:03 AM.