HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
Joined Jul 2009
37 Posts
I GOD MY WINGS TODAY WOW I AM EXCITED.... (with 13 bucks more on customs )
Will open this night and want to see what is there inside. I would propably build this in this week, may be i can fly this weekend. hee hee.

Thanks Klique...
taratharanath is offline Find More Posts by taratharanath
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
nice looking build, looking forward to see how the nekid build comes out too.

One of this is definately on the list off need to haves !
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:09 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
I woulld still use the supplied spars it will make it true without any real added weight.

Just built with spars and bare foam will fly awesome too,cant wait to see your build

Ck
I finally opened my box yesterday. I really like the pre-drilled spar holes! That is just sweet and simple. The Garage is nice and clean and again has a floor, so I think I will dirty it up this week with a ritewing build.

OH, Gear so far

DS821 servos
MicroDAN 2510-1300Kv
CC Tbird 36
AR6200 until I get my Hitec Aurora 9, hell it might be out by the time I get this wing done

And what ever lipo I need to make it balance without too much weight in the nose. I used a 2200 35C 3S Dualsky pack on the Maxi, but I think I will need a bit more weight for this one, but gear is almost identical.

Anyone have any input on those parts?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:23 AM
Joined Jul 2009
37 Posts
Look @ this.

pic 1.Source http://www.engr.usu.edu/wiki/index.p...rnconstruction
pic 2.Source http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=905

let me know your idea once you done. I am also looking for better placement of electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I finally opened my box yesterday. I really like the pre-drilled spar holes! That is just sweet and simple. The Garage is nice and clean and again has a floor, so I think I will dirty it up this week with a ritewing build.

OH, Gear so far

DS821 servos
MicroDAN 2510-1300Kv
CC Tbird 36
AR6200 until I get my Hitec Aurora 9, hell it might be out by the time I get this wing done

And what ever lipo I need to make it balance without too much weight in the nose. I used a 2200 35C 3S Dualsky pack on the Maxi, but I think I will need a bit more weight for this one, but gear is almost identical.

Anyone have any input on those parts?

Diggs
taratharanath is offline Find More Posts by taratharanath
Old Aug 31, 2009, 02:50 AM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
Zephyr comming to NZ

Well guys, couldnt resist, my Zephyr is ordered and will be comming "down under"

Look forward to seeing ll the builds, and decide how to do mine.
The servo placement in the last photo was cool, gets em up front an dmass in the centre.
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:03 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Subscribed

I want one, I want one!
I have a Hacker with gearbox that can produce 650Watts. with a 13x10 folding pro. One of these looks like a good candidate for it
PM'ed jp
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:49 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Hi Jp,I think this might fit the bill.
Here is a thread where he guys are building them for fpv.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098938

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp.electrik
I want one, I want one!
I have a Hacker with gearbox that can produce 650Watts. with a 13x10 folding pro. One of these looks like a good candidate for it
PM'ed jp
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:56 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Dude, you should of linked that earlier. I am all over that thread! Thanks for the link.

Diggs
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Ok slacker
Sorry
Quote:
Dude, you should of linked that earlier. I am all over that thread! Thanks for the link.

Diggs
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:38 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Just got back from a weekend of flying the Zephyr ... you guys might enjoy it
http://www.vimeo.com/6917628

The Zephyr is the most capable FPV platform I have seen to date. Well done klique!

Build thread over here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1100046
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Last edited by trappy; Oct 06, 2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 09:18 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Trappy, that rocked man! She was scootin down the mountain and you had some major altitude as well!! A bit more exciting than the Maxi Swift FPV videos I have seen. Thanks for posting this! How would you compare the Zeph to the Maxi?

Diggs
Old Oct 05, 2009, 09:29 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Hi Diggs,

thanks The maxi is a floater ... take the same gear and put it on a Zephyr and you've got a rocket. The Zephyr has a lot less drag (good for speed, glide ratio) and using klique's build method with the riteweave it's much harder to break ...

The Maxi Swift wins at the build-speed. It took me about 20 hours to get the Zephyr in the air while the Swift was done in 5 hours. Granted, I could have used the same technique with the Maxi Swift ... I'm just comparing "according to manual" build times now Also, since the Swift is a lot more draggy, I had no problems flying it in crowded places where there was virtually no space to land. The Zephyr needs about half a soccer pitch to do a proper landing - without flaps (klique has explained me a couple of methods to add flaps ... not sure if I'll add them, but the option is there)

As you said, my Zephyr videos are a lot more exciting than my Maxi Swift videos. So if you're after excitement, speed or perfomance, the Zephyr wins hands down. Maxi Swift flies more slowly, self-corrects a bit more and is easier to build.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 09:33 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Diggs if you bild it like the maxi it will float more like a maxi.If you do a lite glass build and mono you see what sheel do.

ck
Quote:
Trappy, that rocked man! She was scootin down the mountain and you had some major altitude as well!! A bit more exciting than the Maxi Swift FPV videos I have seen. Thanks for posting this! How would you compare the Zeph to the Maxi?

Diggs
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Here's another video. I know Diggs is gonna like this one
http://www.vimeo.com/6998976