SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by keenyoung, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sold
Clancy Aviation Big Lazy Bee Kit - 72" Wingspan - NIB

For Sale: Clancy Big Lazy Bee 72" Wingspan kit.

Wheel/Tires included.

You add covering, motor, radio/servos, and some minor hardware.

Box opened for inspection only.

Asking $140 including shipping to lower 48 OBO.

From the Box:

"This backyard barnstormer is the slowest, most maneuverable, easiest to fly R/C plane EVER!

NEW! IMPROVED KIT!

All Lazy Bee kits now include computer drawn (CAD) plans with covering patterns, precision-cut balsa and plywood parts, and out updated detailed instruction manual.

*Delightful to Fly
*Ideal for Small Fields
*Sprung Landing Gear
*Low Wingloading

The Lazy Bee is designed for small field flying. I originally designed this plane to fly in my backyard (which is even too small for control line flying!). The Lazy Bee is so slow and maneuverable that I have even flown it indoors! It easily performs loops and rolls at speeds at which other planes fall out of the sky. The stall speed is very low due to the unusually low wingloading of this exceptional plane.

On the ground the Lazy Bee is just as impressive. The sprung landing gear allows it to fly from rough terrain more suited to off-road R/C cars than airplanes. This is one plane you won't have to chase - you can taxi it right up to your feet. The take off roll is very short - it leaps into the air even when flying from grassy fields!

The original Lazt Bee is a versatile little airplane. As a float plane it can fly from water or snow. As a land plane it handles grassy fields and rough terrain with ease. In the sky it is the slowest and most maneuverable plane around - easy to fly for beginners but exciting enough for old pros.

This kit contains all of the parts needed to build a Lazy Bee except the covering, wheels, engine, radio, and some minor hardware. The wood parts are accurately cut from carefully selected sheet balsa and plywood. Specifically, the kit includes: pre-cut sheet balsa and plywood parts, balsa sticks and strips, spruce or basswood sticks, extra sheet balsa (for gussets, etc.), tail spring, main axle, bamboo or carbon fiber dowels, & window material.

You also get: 3 rolled pages of full-wing plans (including lamination and covering patters) and our excellent step-by-step instruction book that features over 50 detail drawings and a shopping list of everything that you'll need to complete the plane.

The Big Lazt Bee flys just like the original: Short take off rolls, low stall speed, tight turns, & hands-off stability! The huge wing area (10 sq ft for the 72" wing!) means lots of lift and low wing loading, so you can fly this big plane at small fields. The tail is removable for easy transport! No matter what size Lazy Bee you fly, you're in for lots of fun!"
keenyoung is offline Find More Posts by keenyoung
Last edited by keenyoung; Jul 30, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Hello and welcome to RCG... can you post a few pics of the kit?

Thanks,
Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:11 PM
Joined Jul 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Pic uploaded

Mi Mark,
All I have is a pic of the outer box. I don't really want to unpack it for photos, but I will if need be.

Thanks for looking,
Keen
keenyoung is offline Find More Posts by keenyoung
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:05 AM
70's Kit BuildR
USA, TX, Princeton
Joined Jun 2004
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Welcome also, and PM sent

Dan
R.C.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by R.C.Pilot