HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Dukester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:23 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
541 Posts
Trader Rating: 138
For Sale
Houston area - Trade my junk (3 DLGs + 1 other glider) for your motor glider junk?

My junk: 3 DLGs and one other generic glider.

I got the three DLGs from a guy at a local swap meet a while back thinking I was going to be a lift master. But I've seen DLG flyers, I've watched DLG flyers and baby I ain't no DLG flyer. Never could get the throw down.

The 3 DLGs wings/fuses are custom cut/molded by a local Houston guy and I have seen guys fly this design (and a couple of combinations of these wings and fuses by the guy I got them from before I got them) and they seem to fly fine.

The wings are in fair shape and are include:
1. 58" span white flat aileron wing (w/HS50s in it) of unknown construction method (not like it was built by aliens type unknown, I just don't know what's under the white paint), weight of this wing is about 6 1/4 ounces
2. 60" span vacuum bagged blue foam aileron wing with pretty big dihedral, weight is about 4 1/4 ounces
3. 60" span vacuum bagged blue foam polyhedral wing no ailerons, weight is about 5 1/2 ounces

The fuses all have decent vacuum bagged blue foam tail feathers, but all three have frontal pod damage ranging from the one that's missing most of the pod (due to my failed attempts to launch) to the other two that are salvageable with some fiberglass repair work (another thing I'm no good at). One of the three has a patch on the front of the rudder just above the boom. Fuse weights are all right about 3 ounces.

The other glider is some generic thing I also picked up at a swap meet. It's in decent shape other than the V tail needs to be modded for horns or simply replaced with one properly set up. The wing is 59" span and in good shape and only problem there is that the covering has a puncture on the bottom of the wing next to servo bay. Weight on this is about 8 1/2 ounces. Wing has two EFlite S75s that are sitting loose in the servo bays as I belatedly realized after getting the longer wiring fed through and soldered to the servo that the servos are a little too thick. So I can remove them or you can take them if you want them.

So in a nutshell, what I've got is 3 decent DLG wings and 3 fuses that could rise like the proverbial phoenix for someone with any skill with fiberglass. Plus one other glider of some unknown type.

What I'd like to end up with is a nice motor glider ready to fly with all electronics, motor, batteries and 2 weeks flying lessons. But since that obviously isn't gonna happen even in my wildest dreams, what I figure I can get is one motor glider airframe (wrong terminology maybe? think parkzone radian as a reference, but not necessarily foam) that is in fair flyable to not-to-difficult-to-repair shape.

As you'll have picked up by now, I don't know crud about gliders and this stuff I got may not be worth $20 all together, but I'm hoping that it may appeal to somebody and maybe the RC gods will smile on me and I'll get something I can actually launch without having to clear a 100 ft radius safety circle.

If you read this far, thanks a lot!
Duke

P.S. opinions on what this stuff is worth (if anything) are welcome.
Dukester is offline Find More Posts by Dukester
Last edited by Dukester; Jul 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:44 PM
specked out
USA, VA, Sutherland
Joined Sep 2008
241 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
i would definately like to pick up one of the dlgs, i have been looking for something to use at the beach
mccainml is offline Find More Posts by mccainml
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:45 PM
specked out
USA, VA, Sutherland
Joined Sep 2008
241 Posts
preferably the white wing, with the black pod and boom closest to to the camera in the pic 3rd
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:58 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Houston
Joined Dec 2006
476 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
sent PM
gliding Oz is offline Find More Posts by gliding Oz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
Joined Mar 2003
62 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
pm sent
ssphoenix is offline Find More Posts by ssphoenix
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:56 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
541 Posts
Trader Rating: 138
Guys, PMs replied to.

Forgot to add important info on post. Wing span of the DLG wings range from 58" to 60", span of the other glider is 59"

I'm really looking for local trades or offers to take all of this stuff in trade for motor sailplane.

Thanks,
Duke
Dukester is offline Find More Posts by Dukester
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:25 AM
specked out
USA, VA, Sutherland
Joined Sep 2008
241 Posts
btw, If you want to pull the S75s let me know
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:19 AM
Norman, Ok.
Joined Oct 2008
57 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
I would be interested in the buying HLG with the silv/purple wings if you would ship to Oklahoma...cheers
cycle1racing is offline Find More Posts by cycle1racing
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:10 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,316 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
PM sent
Wave Glider is online now Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:23 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,023 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
If you do decide to break up and sell this stuff seperately I would be very interested in the Poly wing.

Sean
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Closed Thread