Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by moxjett, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
800 Posts
Discussion
Float Flying for One

One of the local clubs put on a float fly this past Saturday. Everyone must have saw the forecast of ran, because the 4 people that put it on and myself, are the only people who showed up to fly. I think we had more spectators then flyers. Oh well, itís a nice place to fly and I didnít pretty much had the whole sky and dock to myself.

I took my trusty Electrifly Seawind EP. Itís always a blast to fly and fun to try different things with. This was the maiden flight of my new E-Flite 25e Pulse on floats. Itís a good sport plane to fly off the water. I only flew it a few times, because this was also the maiden flight of my 3DHS Extra SHP 47Ē on floats.

I had some really light 10 oz foam floats lying around, so I attached them to some E-Flite Stick 25e landing gear and mounted it the SHP. I put three coats of mini-wax to seal the foam and then three coats of Krylon H2O water based spray paint. They turned out really light at only 14 ozs. The SHP was a blast to fly off water. The take off runs were really short and the floats affected the flight a little, but I was able to do all the maneuvers I know with no problems. I flew the SHP the most, putting about 12 flights on it.

The forecasted rain finally came around 1 PM, so I packed everything up and headed home. I love to go float flying.
moxjett is offline Find More Posts by moxjett
to remove ads between posts